• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

kikkis

Xbox doesn't allow to connect wifi if ethernet cable is on. I could have used my phones fast 4g to download, but can't be assed to plug out ethernet

Xbox 360 Launch Advert by Circuit City:

q3super18c1c1.png

cireza

The Witness has a sale. It is not frequent and the game is great, highly recommended.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Baldurs Gate 3 shadow dropping same day *and* being on game pass would be a pretty important announcement if you ask me.
It's honestly the smart play for Larian. I'm still waiting to hear what their console sales were on PS.

Definitely would be a sweet GP drop. I think it's the last chance Larian has to make a big splash with console gamers, because the PS launch didn't as far as I can tell.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sarah be teasin' ?

She posted an X360 logo image today, maybe hinting at more X360 backwards compatible games? Maybe nothing at all lol

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sarah be teasin' ?

She posted an X360 logo image today, maybe hinting at more X360 backwards compatible games? Maybe nothing at all lol

If you wanted to tell a large casual audience every old CoD is now on GP, I guess the Geoffs is a good place.

If they actually start investing in some new BC titles that we arent expecting, that would be truly amazing news.

Zuzu

The 3rd party controller support on the Xbox Series consoles is SO much better than on PS5. I've been looking for another controller for my PS5 because I think it's the second most uncomfortable controller I've ever used (after the terrible Dreamcast controller). The haptics & adaptive triggers are great (though the triggers are a bit too resistant even when they're not being used for adaptive feedback) but the ergonomics for me are awful. Also, I've had my PS5 less than a year and the right bumper is already sticky. Recently I've bought Elden Ring & Hogwarts Legacy a second time on Xbox after originally purchasing them on PS5 because I don't want to go through the discomfit of playing them on that controller (I've already put 31hrs into Hogwarts but I'm gonna start again on the Series X).

Anyway, no 3rd party controllers on PS5 have any rumble support. Also there's not many of them and they're super expensive. Whereas on Xbox there's bucket loads of 3rd party options and many of them support rumble and the impulse triggers. And there's lots of cheap options. This is a big negative that I see few people talk about regarding Sony's use of its advanced haptics & triggers. I'm not sure whether Sony has exclusive rights over the haptics or whether the 3rd parties don't want to pay the price to put it into their controllers but it's a big negative for me. I may even look to sell the PS5 next year because of its controller. I mostly just want it for FF7 Rebirth and Granblue Fantasy Relink, but I might just play FF7 and leave Granblue to purchase on PC someday in the future.

Last edited:

Zuzu

Dead Space Deluxe Edition is massively discounted as well. 90% off in Australia.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dead Space Deluxe Edition is massively discounted as well. 90% off in Australia.

Yep, mentioned in the game pass OT but quite a few EA games are on massive sales for Game pass subs.

Dead Space, NFS Unbound, Wild Hearts.

Kilau

I guess EA finally figured out people with game pass stopped buying their games. Even at these prices I am hard pressed to buy a single one.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Achievements are borked for me.

I’ve counted up that I should be on 120 ish so far for December but it’s stuck on 50. Also in that ‘you’ve unlocked an achievement’ notification they are all missing since the one I got on 1st December.

Thought this might be linked to the borked game pass quests but it seems people in my friends lists theirs are still increasing.

I received my Series X earlier today and had it set up surprisingly quick, and wanted to say that there were several things that pleasantly surprised me:

1) Awesome that you can install games on your console even if you haven't purchased them (helps tons with some of the used physical I bought as they're not in the best shape :messenger_grinning_sweat: )
4) The disc drive is quieter than that of my PS5.
2) Didn't know that the Ubisoft+ offering is the premium one which comes with day 1 access to the newest games including all their DLCs. Means I can play Avatar for €18.
3) Pleased to see so many awesome 360 games on the Ea Play sub (Dead Space 2 and 3, Dante's Inferno, Dragon's Age, BF3, etc.)

So the first impressions are def great.

Here's a pic with the unboxing as a bonus :D

20231210_171235.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I received my Series X earlier today and had it set up surprisingly quick, and wanted to say that there were several things that pleasantly surprised me:

1) Awesome that you can install games on your console even if you haven't purchased them (helps tons with some of the used physical I bought as they're not in the best shape :messenger_grinning_sweat: )
4) The disc drive is quieter than that of my PS5.
2) Didn't know that the Ubisoft+ offering is the premium one which comes with day 1 access to the newest games including all their DLCs. Means I can play Avatar for €18.
3) Pleased to see so many awesome 360 games on the Ea Play sub (Dead Space 2 and 3, Dante's Inferno, Dragon's Age, BF3, etc.)

So the first impressions are def great.

Here's a pic with the unboxing as a bonus :D

20231210_171235.jpg
I always recommend people go through the BC games and wishlist anything they want so you can easily see it on sales. Sales usually get updated 1-2x every week, and almost always on Tuesdays at a minimum.

I always recommend people go through the BC games and wishlist anything they want so you can easily see it on sales. Sales usually get updated 1-2x every week, and almost always on Tuesdays at a minimum.
Thanks for the advice. Imma do that right away since there's lots of BC games I'm interested in picking up in the coming months.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Thanks for the advice. Imma do that right away since there's lots of BC games I'm interested in picking up in the coming months.
Just be aware its a juggling act. Most of the time you are safe waiting for the sales as they go down to $5.

But sometimes games are delisted. If you purchase before the delist you have it. If not, youre screwed.

Mostly been Ubisoft games vanishing if there's any youre dying to have. Some of the OG Splinter Cells, Prince of Persia 08, Soul Calibur 1 and 2, and even some Xbox 1 games inexplicably got delisted like Indiana Jones and Grabbed by Ghoulies. Just a heads up.

Just be aware its a juggling act. Most of the time you are safe waiting for the sales as they go down to $5.

But sometimes games are delisted. If you purchase before the delist you have it. If not, youre screwed.

Mostly been Ubisoft games vanishing if there's any youre dying to have. Some of the OG Splinter Cells, Prince of Persia 08, Soul Calibur 1 and 2, and even some Xbox 1 games inexplicably got delisted like Indiana Jones and Grabbed by Ghoulies. Just a heads up.
Thanks, I'll for sure keep that in mind. I actually missed out on the orange box so I'm bummed out about that as the physical has slowly been getting pricier from what I have seen.

Prince of Persia I'll def pick it up here locally probably later this month since I saw it's still cheap and want to play sometime next year (never finished it back when I had a 360).

As for the OG Xbox BC titles there's quite a few I'm interested in so maybe I'll focus on them first if they're already on sale. Cheers!

Top Bottom