• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

cireza

Finally managed to complete Loop8 before Starfield gets released.

That game was awful :( And we had a nice collector's edition for a Japanese game on Xbox for once !

Here is a picture of the collector by the way, it is indeed very nice in real life :
Loop8_LE_Beauty_XB1_904x700.jpg

The box is actually a thick cardboard box that they printed on, it is really pretty.

That being said, the game was such a disappointment. I won't go into detail and recommend you avoid this game. It is not really a game anyway, more a social simulator where you raise stats by constantly repeating things.

Getting niche Japanese games on Xbox is great, but this one was quite bad.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

That game was awful :( And we had a nice collector's edition for a Japanese game on Xbox for once !

Here is a picture of the collector by the way, it is indeed very nice in real life :

The box is actually a thick cardboard box that they printed on, it is really pretty.

That being said, the game was such a disappointment. I won't go into detail and recommend you avoid this game. It is not really a game anyway, more a social simulator where you raise stats by constantly repeating things.

What genre is it ?

Punished Miku

Gold Member

The wood prayer plaque is pretty cool lol. I got one of those at Mt. Fuji.

cireza

What genre is it ?
It is like a Visual Novel but it is not too much story-driven. You end up in a town that is a sort of social simulator where you have to try make everyone love you. There are some interesting ideas, but the execution is poor. Nothing makes sense. People are like zombies going around aimlessly.

A number of characters become possessed and have to be killed at certain time, the order is random. You have to find who, and then you can go to a dark version of the town to fight a boss. Special attacks have that shitty 2fps animation effect, but otherwise the boss battles are nice. There is almost no gameplay.

Every character can die as well. Eventually if you fail, the game loops back to the beginning... and you have to grind all your stats again from 0... And that's bullshit !

Last edited:

Vognerful

It is like a Visual Novel but it is not too much story-driven. You end up in a town that is a sort of social simulator where you have to try make everyone love you. There are some interesting ideas, but the execution is poor. Nothing makes sense. People are like zombies going around aimlessly.

A number of characters become possessed and have to be killed at certain time, the order is random. You have to find who, and then you can go to a dark version of the town to fight a boss. Special attacks have that shitty 2fps animation effect, but otherwise the boss battles are nice. There is almost no gameplay.

Every character can die as well. Eventually if you fail, the game loops back to the beginning... and you have to grind all your stats again from 0... And that's bullshit !
So the 8 is actually infinite

Forsythia

So Metal: Hellsinger is on sale, but there is an Xbox One and a Series X|S version. The Xbox One version is €5 cheaper. If I buy this will I get the Series X version as well? The Xbox website says it supports Smart Delivery:

But why are there 2 versions in the store if it supports Smart Delivery?

Yeah, I'm just trying to save €5, I'm a true Dutchman after all 😜

Roufianos

Do any of you guys switch storefronts to get cheaper games? I might actually be able to justify the Starfield Premium Edition if it's in Egyptian Pounds.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

I sometimes purchase digital keys to content in other regions and use VPN to activate them. A lot of the time the regular discounted sale prices are cheaper.

Last edited:
I Dont Arrested Development GIF

Ebay, G2A, Playasia, CDkeys, Eneba, and very rarely Amazon. It is worth noting that with the overseas transaction fees on some of those you could save yourself the time using a VPN and buy the digital content during a sale on the Microsoft Store. Of course delisted content and some DLC are a different story.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just picked up my Series X, time to upgrade my game pass to ultimate.

I'm ready to enjoy some Starfield and the massive catalog of great games.
Go through all the BC games on the store and add to your wishlist to buy on sale. Some are disappearing so don't wait on that. There's a large BC game sale at the moment too. Just got Onechanbara for $5. Some of the Splinter Cell games are on there now like Blacklist also. Ubisoft has been delisting stuff lately.

Enjoy!

P.S. Ninja Gaiden Black / 2 never go on sale so just buy it.

I second the Ninja Gaiden 2 purchase. Black is optional with Sigma being so widely available and being so similar with quality of life upgrades.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys switch storefronts to get cheaper games? I might actually be able to justify the Starfield Premium Edition if it's in Egyptian Pounds.
Dude just switch your region on the console to Turkey and put a Turkish living address. I pay $2 a month for gamepass and most new games are like $40 from the start, let alone when a sale comes. Calisto Protocol is $10....resident evil 4 is $35 and thats not even on sale.

adamsapple

Quick question to those who have it.

Is Alan Wake's American Nightmare also FPS Boost-ed or is it just the base game ?

It (American Nightmare) is on sale for $3 and I wouldn't mind picking it up again if it's 60 FPS>

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Quick question to those who have it.

Is Alan Wake's American Nightmare also FPS Boost-ed or is it just the base game ?

It (American Nightmare) is on sale for $3 and I wouldn't mind picking it up again if it's 60 FPS>
I got it but havent tried it. I know someone said they spotted a DLC reference in the newest trailer for 2. Planning to play them all in a row.

adamsapple

I got it but havent tried it. I know someone said they spotted a DLC reference in the newest trailer for 2. Planning to play them all in a row.
Yes, they've already mentioned AW2 will have 2 DLC episodes and getting the deluxe edition will give you access to both of them

- Night Springs Expansion (additional story content)**
- Lake House Expansion (additional story content)**

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yes, they've already mentioned AW2 will have 2 DLC episodes and getting the deluxe edition will give you access to both of them

- Night Springs Expansion (additional story content)**
- Lake House Expansion (additional story content)**

I meant someone claimed there is an American Nightmare callback. No idea if that is true though.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Is it me or is the new dash bugged. I use the default background but when I hover over games it doesnt change.

splattered

My super old 5TB hard drive from the XBO era finally died so i bought a new WD Black 8TB to replace it... i had all my 360 games on the old drive so it's gonna take a LONG TIME to redownload all these from the cloud. Like 600-700 games.

In looking at some of these games... how are newer collections like Mass Effect Legendary and Crysis Remastered? Weren't those newer collections crapped on at launch? Are they worth purchasing now and deleting the old 360 versions?

And then Ninja Gaiden prob not worth it cause they used the censored versions in the remastered collection, yeah?

My super old 5TB hard drive from the XBO era finally died so i bought a new WD Black 8TB to replace it... i had all my 360 games on the old drive so it's gonna take a LONG TIME to redownload all these from the cloud. Like 600-700 games.

In looking at some of these games... how are newer collections like Mass Effect Legendary and Crysis Remastered? Weren't those newer collections crapped on at launch? Are they worth purchasing now and deleting the old 360 versions?

And then Ninja Gaiden prob not worth it cause they used the censored versions in the remastered collection, yeah?
Mass Effect Legendary's minor changes would probably need to be pointed out, but fidelity is increased across the board. Crysis Remastered is a wierd case of simplified physics and features. The Ninja Gaiden Collection has the entertainingly altered Sigma revision of Black, the terrible Sigma 2, and a port of the Razor's Edge version of 3. I recommend Sigma for improved water mechanics (running and jumping out instead of climbing out on surface), bow mechanics (jump shot and better fps aiming), textures, Spider Ninja clan models, and extras (dual swords, Rachel chapters, new accesories) despite some odd choices in modifying a few levels (one door removed from city center along with door switches as well as key items removed and gated areas replaced in water chapter). I would not bother with Sigma 2 as its pacing is shot to hell with female sidekick chapters and level design and bow mechanics are greatly simplified (the added extras do not really make up for it). Razor's Edge is a completely linear experience with some gameplay downgrades for Ryu relative to NG2 but cool Ayane chapters and worthwhile extras.

Last edited:

kikkis

Looked at ps5 at store for the first time. It's really big compared to series x. I know the total volume isn't that much higher, but it just looks big.

adamsapple

Does anyone know how I can check whichever all DLC's for any game I own on xbox, either on console or via the website?

Just trying to catalog whichever game I've gotten any DLC for in the last couple of years.

Does anyone know how I can check whichever all DLC's for any game I own on xbox, either on console or via the website?

Just trying to catalog whichever game I've gotten any DLC for in the last couple of years.
If you go to manage games and click on the game it should show a list of all dlc owned. So if you clicked on Fallout 4 in the picture it would display them.

manage_game_addons_xbox.png

adamsapple

If you go to manage games and click on the game it should show a list of all dlc owned. So if you clicked on Fallout 4 in the picture it would display them.

manage_game_addons_xbox.png

Thanks, that is helpful, but is there any way to just see like a catalog list or whatever I have bought without having that game in my library.

Kilau

Thanks, that is helpful, but is there any way to just see like a catalog list or whatever I have bought without having that game in my library.
For game add-ons and other DLC, the first place to check is in your library:
  1. In My games & apps, highlight a game (but don’t select it).
  2. Press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game and add-ons.
  3. Select the game tile, and then select each checkbox for which items you want to install.
  4. Select Install, to confirm the installation.
For example, My Forza 7 with all the DLC I have but nothing is installed.

CdhW5Y3.png

splattered

For game add-ons and other DLC, the first place to check is in your library:
  1. In My games & apps, highlight a game (but don’t select it).
  2. Press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game and add-ons.
  3. Select the game tile, and then select each checkbox for which items you want to install.
  4. Select Install, to confirm the installation.
For example, My Forza 7 with all the DLC I have but nothing is installed.

CdhW5Y3.png
I think he's asking if he can just see a big full list of all his game add-ons for every game without clicking on each game manage individually.

Kilau

I think he's asking if he can just see a big full list of all his game add-ons for every game without clicking on each game manage individually.
I don’t think you can view just DLC without going to the game. You can view order history on the website but it will show everything not just DLC and MS also changed that a few years ago so that it doesn’t go back very far.

If there is a way, I don’t know it, sorry,

Forsythia

If you want to buy the High on Life DLC, buy this instead:

Contains the main game + DLC for only 5 bucks more! Don't know if it's for Game Pass subs only

Top Bottom