• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Yup. It's not as if Porter's style was some mystery before the fight. He's fighting like he normally does, Berto's tendency to clinch and inability to fight on the inside is killing him.

I can see his excuses now:

Porter was clinching too much
Porter was headbutting me too much
Porter threw an elbow

Dude was never really in the fight at all. Complained all the way to the end.

I can see his excuses now:

Porter was clinching too much
Porter was headbutting me too much
Porter threw an elbow

Dude was never really in the fight at all. Complained all the way to the end.

There's a certain mental toughness Berto lacks. You could see his body language showing it once the fight began. That's how I knew Berto was going to get KO'd. Hell Berto looked like he wanted to tell the Doctor to stop the fight every time they were checking his eye. LOL At least he got to go out on his shield, and hopefully retire.

There's a certain mental toughness Berto lacks. You could see his body language showing it once the fight began. That's how I knew Berto was going to get KO'd. Hell Berto looked like he wanted to tell the Doctor to stop the fight every time they were checking his eye. LOL At least he got to go out on his shield, and hopefully retire.

Yeah. I noticed that as well. As soon as he stepped into the ring, his body language was that of somebody who never wanted to be in the ring with Porter. He lost when Porter first clinched him and he gave up even more after that, lol.

Funniest comment I saw on Youtube.

Sean porter's forehead deserves it's own belt, Now we know why Kenny spent so much time talking to Sean's head, he's was like "This is all you baby, daddy gon buy you a new pillow tonight".

jchap

Both the Charlo brothers look great. Can't wait to see them step up with the elites in the division. Porter is always fun to watch and I look forward to his rematch with Thurman.

The fight I'm really ready for is Spence Jr. vs Brook. That should be a great fight.

Both the Charlo brothers look great. Can't wait to see them step up with the elites in the division. Porter is always fun to watch and I look forward to his rematch with Thurman.

The fight I'm really ready for is Spence Jr. vs Brook. That should be a great fight.

Spence Brook is the fight of the year I am looking forward too, but I really hope its not anti-climatic.

Brook almost broke the record for most clinches in a fight against Porter. With it was something fucking insane.

I'd like to see Spence put the beat down on Brook. Of all the enticing ones, that's the one I look forward to most. Canelo Chavez should be fun too.

LOL Berto. His whole career was HBO letting him beat him small dudes. He never once has a single fucking signature win at welter. Most people even had Carlos Quintana winning. There is no mystery. Floyd was obsessed with fighting Berto before he stepped up and lost to everyone, because Berto boxing skills are kinda crap at the level he is. Squared up, and barely any jab. Floyd knew that was a fucking easy fight. Master boxer against someone who is squared up, and barely jabs.

Made some good molla betting on Berto to be knocked out. Berto was even getting beating up by Jan Havick, until a cut saved him from the fight. A blowup feather weight wrecked him. There's been this weird thing where people are trying to legitimize him a lot because of all the Floyd Fan boys. Nah, Berto wasn't even a gatekeeper. Just a hypejob that never panned out at all.

El Topo

Wlad is not going to win tomorrow. Let's be real.

He's definitely the best heavyweight who got Ko'd by Ross purity ever

I think Wlad deserves credit for essentially rebuilding his career (which even German commentators proclaimed to be over) and for his enormous longevity/consistency.
More importantly, Emanuel Steward deserves endless credit.

If Wlad beats Joshua then he is the GOAT heavyweight

This can't be serious. Wlad isn't a Top 10 heavyweight despite what other people say. He's definitely a 1st ballot Hall of Famer and Top 15 to Top 20 all time Heavyweight.

Vitali's valiant loss against Lennox Lewis is more impressive than any victory Wlad has ever won.

Wlad is not going to win tomorrow. Let's be real.

As long as Wlad's not shot, I think he has a legit shot at beating Anthony Joshua. I hope I'm wrong and Anthony Joshua definitively defeats him hopefully by KO so we have a passing of the torch and can reignite the Heavyweight division. I personally blame Wladimir for destroying the Heavyweight as the glamour division in America. LOL

Spence Brook is the fight of the year I am looking forward too, but I really hope its not anti-climatic.

Brook almost broke the record for most clinches in a fight against Porter. With it was something fucking insane.

I'd like to see Spence put the beat down on Brook. Of all the enticing ones, that's the one I look forward to most. Canelo Chavez should be fun too.

LOL Berto. His whole career was HBO letting him beat him small dudes. He never once has a single fucking signature win at welter. Most people even had Carlos Quintana winning. There is no mystery. Floyd was obsessed with fighting Berto before he stepped up and lost to everyone, because Berto boxing skills are kinda crap at the level he is. Squared up, and barely any jab. Floyd knew that was a fucking easy fight. Master boxer against someone who is squared up, and barely jabs.

Made some good molla betting on Berto to be knocked out. Berto was even getting beating up by Jan Havick, until a cut saved him from the fight. A blowup feather weight wrecked him. There's been this weird thing where people are trying to legitimize him a lot because of all the Floyd Fan boys. Nah, Berto wasn't even a gatekeeper. Just a hypejob that never panned out at all.

Honestly it's hard to gauge Berto because he was definitely talented, however I do think his development was stifled due to the poor level of opposition he was fed as he was making million dollar purses in going the road of least resistance to winning a title. Berto was definitely old and past his prime in this fight against Shawn Porter. I think Berto at best was a gatekeeper. However you're right that his best win was a debatable victory over Luis Collazo. His loss against Jesus Soto Karass was embarrassing though.

Waste of talent IMO.

People should know Floyd's fight against Berto was basically a showcase/retirement fight after fulfilling his contract in this last fight and making a lot of money for everybody involved from his Canelo and Pacquaio fights.

Time is relentless. Wlad looked old and slow against Jennings already. Dude is 41.

You're right, plus he hasn't fought in over a year, so Joshua SHOULD win and I hope he does because he's a young, good looking talented heavyweight with superstar potential who's already a major draw in the UK. However Anthony Joshua hasn't fought 20 fights yet, hasn't fought past the 7th round, and was buzzed by Dillian Whyte despite knocking him out. The way Anthony Joshua fights will obviously allow him to KO Wlad if he can land a solid shot, however it also allows Wlad to hit him with his power punches, and Wlad can still hit hard with the Steelhammer.

So yeah, I give Wlad a very solid punchers chance.

Wlad hasn't looked good lately, hasn't fought in over a year......but he's also great at minimizing his opponents offense and fighting safety first. I can 100% see him taking Joshua into deep waters and dropping one of those rights.

Syder

In case anyone missed it, amazing fight until Round 11...

cNVb6XH.gif

eDKHicL.gif

ZF1Fy7i.gif

gccuPka.gif

Top Bottom