• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Thread

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Dam Teofimo shouldn't have tried to get the KO in the 1st round drained a lot of gas for the later rounds. Oh well. Congrats to Kambosos these aussies man !!

MastAndo

Very entertaining fight. Kambosos showed no fear of Lopez's punching power and stayed in there with him landing shots the whole time. It would have been nice to see Lopez handle the loss with some humility, and not go full Deontay Wilder in the post-fight interview, excuses and all.

Last edited:

MastAndo

This Paul/Woodley fight is an absolute snoozefest, but not sure how anything else was to be expected. They don't even have punches to show in the highlights in between rounds - just accidental headbutts, elbows and a takedown by Woodley.

EDIT: ...and there's a KO right on cue, lol. Jesus, Woodley went down like Apollo in Rocky IV.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
tom hardy inception GIF

mekes

Good lord. I have enough distrust of Woodley to know it was 90% likely he wouldn't perform to his best. But for him to get faceplanted like that? I am surprised.

Props to Jake Peds

Winter John

Gold Member
I expected the thing would be an embarrassment, but holy christ, that wasn't even close to a boxing match. I felt sorry for the commentators. They sounded like they'd reached the lowest point of their careers.

Fury stops Usyk late rounds. This isnt AJ that doesn't move, also I wouldn't rule AJ to winning the rematch, he hurt usyk in round 6 with a body shot.

Im not sure, I think Usyk is too elusive and can stay away from any danger. It would be close but I think he would just sneak through on a points win.

I can’t see AJ winning the rematch unless he gets lucky, Usyk is a different level to him.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
rewatched the fight and heard what he said to ESPN about glad the fight was stopped and talking about how if it continued it could've ended up worse

mad respect for Fury.

It ain't all about power buddy, it'll come down to frequency and accuracy. Taylor has a superb engine so I look forward to the stoppage win. Have a nice evening

It ain't all about power buddy, it'll come down to frequency and accuracy. Taylor has a superb engine so I look forward to the stoppage win. Have a nice evening
katie gets tired late so i dont see the engine you mention. she wont be able to go toe to toe with amanda, amanda would win that all the time since she hits harder and relentless pressure.

I look forward to your blushingly poor excuses on the outcome once KT does a job on your friend tomorrow evening. I don't want to embarrass you so I imagine you'll be redundantly quiet due to the result.

Awww, bless you. ❤️ Night sweetie 😂

Top Bottom