• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Thread

AJ needed to step it up in the 4th or 5th, not the 9th.

Though if he did that he would be tired by the 9th and would have got sparked.

He couldn’t win barring a lucky knock out.

Fury gonna get clipped as well!
Crack Crazy Kids GIF

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Plus let's be real...i think Fury's supposed size advantage that he will have against Usyk is overblown

images
doesn't look like that much of a difference

plus i doubt Fury is even stronger than AJ was, i mean AJ is shaped like a greek god

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
1ztBlXc.jpg

AJ taking a leaf out of our man DonJorginho DonJorginho /Kanyes book.

Fair play to him, guy has done it all but Usyk is just SO good. He’s loaded. Retire and take it easy. He needs a rest for his mind, was just babbling at the end. I’ve done the same to be honest at times. Just not in front of millions of people.

U8UG8fX.jpg

Fury will beat Usyk and might even toy with him. You guys must be new to boxing thinking being muscular means anything, Fury is strong in general and doesn't need to have a bodybuilder body like AJ. Also it's not even his size really, Fury is just as skilled as Usyk and moves well unlike AJ. Fury will use feints on Usyk, his reach advantage is big which he can just keep Usyk at bay with it and throw the straight right when Usyk is close. Fury can go to the body with a safer distance than AJ due to his reach.

GymWolf

Plus let's be real...i think Fury's supposed size advantage that he will have against Usyk is overblown

images
doesn't look like that much of a difference

plus i doubt Fury is even stronger than AJ was, i mean AJ is shaped like a greek god
Joshua never used his size advantage except the rare times when he pounded the body of usyk during a charge (literally the only times he was successful), take a look at how fury used his size in the second fight against wilder, and wilder is bigger and way stronger than usyk.

Joshua is strong and has great punching technique, but he really has only that, he crumble when he get hit a little and has no strategy at all.

Also fury is almost 10 cm taller than joshua and even way heavier if he decide for the size route.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
I didn't realise at first but it looks as if AJ was also trying to start argument with Uzyk's team before he took the mic.

It's a shame people are rushing to defend this petulant behaviour. Too many yes men on AJ's side behaving like spoilt kids.

Apocryphon

He is right. he will be his toughest opponent, Silva fought legit boxers and I'm glad he is going to make bank beating up Jake Paul
It's all relative. Anderson may go some way to legitimizing Paul's boxing efforts but a 25 year old fighting a 47 year old who's at the end of his career is pathetic. There are other legitimate opponents like Chev Clarke that Jake is purposefully avoiding. He certainly isn't going to fight somebody like Badou Jack and Kenzie Morrison. So what.. more ex-MMA guys on the verge of retirement?

I'm calling it now: Paul beats Silva by ugly knockout and people will eat it up. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and Anderson schools him, but I don't see it.

3liteDragon

I placed my bets on Paul winning, what an 8th round knockdown. I hope KSI shuts the fuck up & doesn't take this fight lol.

Last edited:

mekes

I thought it was a very good fight and JP’s first real test.

Anderson outclassed him through the fight with his style and experience. But it’s the same as always with him. Going through the motions and being inactive cost him. I think JP threw a couple hundred more jabs in the fight and that won him the fight. Obviously the age difference played a part.

This fight would be infinitely better than a fight against Diaz who is small in comparison to JP.…

Some of these YouTuber boxing fights have been great. And some stink. I’m happy to watch amateurs as long as long as effort and application are on show. I’m much more of an MMA fan than boxing but with some of these guys, for having just a few fights, they are virtually indistinguishable from newcomers with small records that are entering the UFC etc. ’Some’ make me feel that way, not all.

I won’t pay for the events tho. Hell no 😂

Top Bottom