• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

MicH

I already had an account in CC so that's 5 easy STs for me. I hope they do a 10+1 Summon event once we get the new global exclusives as those 5 tickets would put me at exactly 10 summons

Primus

The two new GLBF-exclusive units debut tomorrow (1/20), as do 7* Raydn, Golem and Rina.

EDIT: The CC closing stuff was in my BF mailbox this morning, so that's already getting shipped out. Just in time for the new global units, too.

Rixa

Hello everyone \o_

I originally started BF yesterday, but accidentally (and didnt know) downloaded EU version, played some hours of it and decided to quit cause so many bugs there and I heard EU version is about 6 months after Global.
Well searched Global version and started this game today (about 10h ago), mostly due to Chain Chronicle beign taken down.

My learning curve is going on but mostly everything is going fine. As playing with phone I couldnt reroll, eventho I deleted game and downloaded it again. I wanted to try cause my first 2 pulls werent exactly good.

Screenshot_2016-01-19-20-46-35.png
Screenshot_2016-01-19-20-46-51.png

After that pulls have been really good, I managed to do 3 & 4 Gem pulls before day changed and did them again. My next pulls in pull order:

Yesterday I got general info about summons that units whose number is >1000 are the ones I should get and well atleast Iam trying to pull them. Nice timing for this event. Dunno if timing has something to do with closing of CC.

IGN: RixGAF
ID: 3943086619

MicH

Chrome, Vermillion and Rahgan can be evolved to 7* form and are all extremely good. Rahgan is amazing as an arena lead.

Darvanshel is decent. even though he's way past his prime, but he's a mitigator which are essential to clearing harder content so he'll do until you get a better mitigator. Welcome to the game! I feel so bad for everyone who played CC regularly. I would feel awful if BF had closed down so soon and I'll probably still be sad if I'm still playing when BF shuts its servers. Did you get the transfer rewards at least? Selena and Mifune are both excellent units both when starting out and later (7* Selena in a Rahgan-lead arena team will destroy EVERYTHING)

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Rixa

Chrome, Vermillion and Rahgan can be evolved to 7* form and are all extremely good. Rahgan is amazing as an arena lead.

Darvanshel is decent. even though he's way past his prime, but he's a mitigator which are essential to clearing harder content so he'll do until you get a better mitigator. Welcome to the game! I feel so bad for everyone who played CC regularly. I would feel awful if BF had closed down so soon and I'll probably still be sad if I'm still playing when BF shuts its servers. Did you get the transfer rewards at least? Selena and Mifune are both excellent units both when starting out and later (7* Selena in a Rahgan-lead arena team will destroy EVERYTHING)

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
So RNG gods have been really good to me :)

I did fill that form but havent got them yet. Prolly taking some time to get them.
I did use some highbie from my short friendlist and finished 2 quests in Randall. Other one (tougher) took long time and I got "C". Shorter one I got "SSS".

Questions:

Should I use those tix when these new Global units are introduced?
I have made 6 pulls now but I havent got that extra reward unit, should I contact to Gumi? Link to info
Gumi BF said:
As a special treat for our brave summoners, get one of the Top 18 Popular Heroes as a bonus for every 5 summons until Jan. 24, 06:59 PST wherein your first summon will only cost 3 GEMS and second summon costs 4 GEMS. Third Summon onwards will cost 5 Gems.
Is best way for me to get gems via story mode?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Elulu was one of my first summons too. She still has a special place in my heart.

And damn, Chrome, Vermillion and Rahgan as first summons? lucky you. ;p I think my second summon was Elza (who'll be getting her 7* on global soon woot)

If you did 5 summons and didn't get a bonus, I would. From what I heard on the reddits, it's currently bugged if you summon 5 times over the course of the days, when it should automatically give it to you in your present box.

I had to put one in myself.

Is best way for me to get gems via story mode?

Starting out, yeah. With those units you should have no problems clearing the first few stages of the main quest. You'll get one gem for clearing each chapter.

Then there's Arena which can give you gems while you level up and the level up rewards from main as well.

Later on you can do Frontier Hunter, (I think you need to be level 40 for that to open?) and you'll get gems from the rewards there as well.

Rixa

Elulu was one of my first summons too. She still has a special place in my heart.

And damn, Chrome, Vermillion and Rahgan as first summons? lucky you. ;p I think my second summon was Elza (who'll be getting her 7* on global soon woot)

If you did 5 summons and didn't get a bonus, I would. From what I heard on the reddits, it's currently bugged if you summon 5 times over the course of the days, when it should automatically give it to you in your present box.

I had to put one in myself.

Starting out, yeah. With those units you should have no problems clearing the first few stages of the main quest. You'll get one gem for clearing each chapter.

Then there's Arena which can give you gems while you level up and the level up rewards from main as well.

Later on you can do Frontier Hunter, (I think you need to be level 40 for that to open?) and you'll get gems from the rewards there as well.
Yes those pics in earlier post are my summons divided between 2 game days (for me everything is made in 10h time) . So I will send a ticket tomorrow.
Iam doing story with auto (nice feature with these units). Trying to get levels asap too so that I can fit all my 5* to party, will help alot now. Later on when power creep starts to hit its time to think party combinations more (if I havent done it already by that time).

MicH

Yeah, try to clear as much of the story quests when there's 2x exp. That should make you level up quickly. Starting tomorrow a whole lot of events are starting including half energy vortex, super honor Summon and super fusion rate up. So save your honor points as you can get upgrade material from super honor Summon.

I also added you. I think some high level friends can help you a ton :)

Rixa

Yeah, try to clear as much of the story quests when there's 2x exp. That should make you level up quickly. Starting tomorrow a whole lot of events are starting including half energy vortex, super honor Summon and super fusion rate up. So save your honor points as you can get upgrade material from super honor Summon.

I also added you. I think some high level friends can help you a ton :)
Highbies will surely help :), I accepted you. Still got room in friendslist. Yea main focus is now to use energy to story and collect gems as much as I can. After event is over I need to use gems to increase my unit inventory.

Primus

Tossed you a request as well, Rix (and you, jello, for that matter), and switched my friend leader back to my 7* Tridon. Should be a big help for you with harder content.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I got a response from my ticket, basically telling me that it is supposed to be per day, but that is not how it is worded in any of the news updates.

It is making it sound like if you summon 5 times during the event, you should get a bonus unit.

"Summon count for the bonus unit will run until Jan. 24, 06:59 regardless of the featured units on rate up."

Hello everyone \o_

I originally started BF yesterday, but accidentally (and didnt know) downloaded EU version, played some hours of it and decided to quit cause so many bugs there and I heard EU version is about 6 months after Global.
Well searched Global version and started this game today (about 10h ago), mostly due to Chain Chronicle beign taken down.

EU server is actually pretty freaking awesome.

- Their Exclusive units are stupid-OP.
- 'community' events that basically give you unlimited MP.
- Solid compensation when things go awful.
- No expiring dates on present stuff.
- Actual legit rate ups unlike Global.
- 3x game speed for making farming a breeze.

Sure, content is behind....but that is in no way a bad thing. I play on both and find I like EU a bit better.

Rixa

Found this from Reddit:

Greetings Summoners!
Our sincerest apologies for the issue with Popular Heroes Summon earlier wherein some summoners where not able to get their bonus unit after doing 5 summons within the period of Popular Heroes Campaign (Jan. 18, 07:00 PST - Jan. 24, 06:59 PST)
We appreciate all the reports regarding this and our team is glad to inform that the problem has been addressed.
For summoners who haven't received their bonus unit after completing 5 summons between Jan. 18, 07:00 PST to Jan. 19, 14:00 PST, please file for a support ticket so that we can check your records and compensate properly.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.
Brave Frontier Global Team

Time to make a ticket.

Primus

The new GLBF units are Avani (Earth), and Mikael (Lightning):

★7 - Monster Hunter Avani

Leaderskill:
80% boost to Atk, 20% boost to critical hit rate, enormously boosts Spark damage, Spark damage boosts BB gauge & raises normal hit amount

BB: Briar Tempest
28 combo powerful Earth attack on all foes, Spark damage boosts BB gauge, probable infliction of random status ailment & boosts damage against status afflicted foes

SBB: Taeun Easifa
34 combo powerful Earth attack on all foes, probable enemy Spark vulnerability boost for 2 turns & boosts Spark damage and raises normal hit amount for 3 turns

UBB: Khabayth Al'iiesar
40 combo massive Earth attack on all foes, boosts Spark damage and enemies' Spark vulnerability for 3 turns & raises normal hit amount for 3 turns

Extraskill: Matriarch's Indignation (Sphere required first)
Boosts damage dealt against status afflicted foes & raises normal hit amount when Vorpal Chainblades is equipped

★7 - Storm Champion Mikael

Leaderskill:
40% boost to max HP, Def, negates all status ailments, damage taken boosts BB gauge & boosts damage reduced while guarding

BB: Impetus Claustra
10 combo powerful Thunder attack on all foes, 50% damage reduction for 1 turn, guarding boosts BB gauge for 3 turns & boosts damage reduced while guarding

SBB: Incitus Fragor
12 combo powerful Thunder attack on single foe (damage relative to remaining HP), 50% damage reduction for 1 turn & boosts Def relative to Atk and boosts Def for 3 turns

UBB: Tempestatem Ludicium
14 combo massive Thunder attack on all foes, reduces all damage to 1 for 1 turn (2 turns for self) & boosts Atk, Def and boosts Def relative to Atk for 3 turns

Extraskill: Lord Commander's Umbrage (Sphere required first)
Boosts BB gauge fill rate, damage taken boosts BB gauge when Eremorn's Aegis is equipped & boosts Thunder elemental damage

Avani's not bad, lots of raises normal hit count, a solid boost to ATK and Spark raising BB gauges. Prolly a good Arena unit.

Mikael's all kind of good mitigation, but is outclassed by Gazia and apparently some forthcoming units, so not too sure about that.

Rixa

Gumi said:
• Guaranteed one bonus Unit either Avani or Mikael for every 10 summons.
• Super Rare Summon Plus.
• Minimum of 5 stars unit and higher chance to get Avani or Mikael.
Would this be the good time to use those 5 tickets (when I get them) for minimum 5* units?
I didnt see any mention that tickets wont work in those special summons.

MicH

Would this be the good time to use those 5 tickets (when I get them) for minimum 5* units?
I didnt see any mention that tickets wont work in those special summons.
It's pretty good. The best gates to use your tickets on are the limited pool gates (Frontier Hunter, Medal Rush gates). They only have 17 units (!) and they are all pretty darn useful. They cost 6 gems per summon because of the very limited pool (no shitty two year old units), but this is also a pretty good place to use them

broz0rs

yeah, definitely hold on to those summon tickets until either the Frontier Gate or Arena Gate. The limited pool consists of very useful and powerful units. They usually cost 6 or 7 gems too, so using tickets make it even more of a value.

Those exclusives aren't as OP as I thought. The first seems like he could be the new arena meta, but the second doesn't do anything for me.

Not sure I want to pull

MicH

Avani looks extremely solid to me. Top tier Spark damage buff on SBB (100%! That's the highest in the game - only Charla has a Spark dmg buff this good) and the best Spark vulnerability buff too! I'm definitely pulling for Avani, even more so since I don't have Rahgan. Knowing my luck I'll get Mikael as my gift box freebie though :p

Rixa

Got an answer from Gumi. It seems that initial (not surprise) starting pull is not counted to this event ;).

Gumi said:
Greetings, Summoner~

Thank you for addressing us this issue. Upon checking my records, I have verified that you summoned five (5) times. However, you were unable to receive the bonus unit as advertised in the current summon event.
We apologize for this inconvenience, Dear Summoner. (๑◕︵◕๑) I have noted your account details and have forwarded this issue to our High Council. Rest assured that we will do everything to wrap this up as soon as possible. Kindly wait for further announcements.

Rixa

that's me ;p

Yeah I noticed that it might be you.
Btw did you play CC?

If not, would you like to have 5 tickets and some goodies?

I did play CC with 2 accounts and I cant claim rewards twice to BF. So I could give them to you (cause you been so helpful here).
All I need is your ID number and I think email (you can send them to me via private message).

If you have claimed CC rewards I need to find another helpful person that hasnt.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah I noticed that it might be you.
Btw did you play CC?

If not, would you like to have 5 tickets and some goodies?

I did play CC with 2 accounts and I cant claim rewards twice to BF. So I could give them to you (cause you been so helpful here).
All I need is your ID number and I think email (you can send them to me via private message).

If you have claimed CC rewards I need to find another helpful person that hasnt.

I never played CC, so I am not sure I can claim the rewards.

Primus

Avani looks extremely solid to me. Top tier Spark damage buff on SBB (100%! That's the highest in the game - only Charla has a Spark dmg buff this good) and the best Spark vulnerability buff too! I'm definitely pulling for Avani, even more so since I don't have Rahgan. Knowing my luck I'll get Mikael as my gift box freebie though :p

Looking at the full stats now, Avani's kind of sick. 100% Spark dmg buff on LS. Another +100% Spark dmg for 3 turns on her SBB. Then that UBB with the huge freaking 1200% AOE, another +130% Spark dmg coupled with 100% Spark vuln. Definitely trying to pull for her.

EDIT: Nope, got a Mikael (Guardian) for my guaranteed. Oh well, I did pick up a Febros and Rinon, so I'm not totally salty.

MicH

Did 10 pulls with the tickets I had. Didn't get Avani :( Got Guardian Mikael instead (my nameake just spelled differently :p). But I did get a Guardian Piany as well which was really, really nice. They have quite similar LS'es.

Rixa

No more 3/4 gem summons? I didnt see option, it only says 5 gems (in rare & rare+), didnt see super honor summons either.

This game seems to know what Iam missing. I didnt have healer, now I have.
I might pull atleast once more or more more, dunno :p.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
^ RNGesus is blessing you, Rix.

I think it worked :)

It says from 22 onwards. But for me it took around 24h after I submitted that. So if it is same for you, you should get them around 23h later from this post :p.

Youre welcome.

Sweet! I guess we'll find out in a few days. Thank you again!

I did one summon for Avani and got a 6* Rosetta. Is she still worth keeping? I see she's a good sparker. (But I have Elza too)

Rixa

Ok, decided to use all my tix. Didnt get dupes but rather got outclassed units and my first 6* which prolly is outclassed too (it has 7* form but still)? Krantz is Oracle but Ill live with it.

When I have enough cost to add 5x5* to party should I focus to form party from these units:
Rahgan / Chrome / Vermillion / Charla / Krantz
Who to use as leader?

MicH

Chrome is one of the best leads in the game. Couple that with an Avant friend and you'll be doing insane damage. Krantz is a top tier mitigator too

Ok, decided to use all my tix. Didnt get dupes but rather got outclassed units and my first 6* which prolly is outclassed too (it has 7* form but still)? Krantz is Oracle but Ill live with it.

When I have enough cost to add 5x5* to party should I focus to form party from these units:
Rahgan / Chrome / Vermillion / Charla / Krantz
Who to use as leader?

Chrome is better designed for harder content Offensively while Charla is a good lead for Defense.

Rahgan is basically Arena meta w/ Hadaron.

Lol it's only been two hours since the global exclusives got released and I already found someone that has a maxed out Mikael. Some people are crazy. Used ten summon tickets for the global exclusives, got Piany and a bunch of dupes for my trouble. Giftbox was a Guardian Mikael.

Shot you a friend request Rixa, I'm just "Justin" on Brave Frontier.

Rixa

So after spending some gems to unit & material inventory I decided to use rest of my tix & gems to "Super Rare Summon+" (2 summons yesterday, 3 today). I made slight mistake, upgraded Lord Charla to 78 and next pull was Anima Charla.
Is there use for 2 Charlas and if not what I do with another one and is Anima better one of those (I dont mind if I lose some exp)?
Second summon yesterday evening was 5* Darvanshel (I have that 4* version too).

So today evenings 3 pulls, I first looked I got two units from 800 series thus I was thinking they are outdated and I got one nice unit & 2 not so nice onces. Then went to check & favourite those units and was wtf these are not 800 series but 8000 series o_O.

After those I went to see inbox cause I have got new stuff there and wth? totally forgot that special offer "Guaranteed 1 bonus unit of either Avani or Mikael for every 10 summons"
Ahem yeah those pulls & unit inventory in pics:
As seeing Avani being also 8k series, are those Global exclusive units or some collabs (Halloween?)? Frankly now I dont know what to. Atleast I know I dont need to summon anything for some time. Used 33 super honor summons too. My unit inventory limit is 135 so room is not the problem. Who should I use those crystals etc?

Primus

Damn, Rixa, you're using up all of the luck from the summon pool. That's a pretty stellar set of initial pulls you've gotten yourself.

When it comes to typing, Anima is generally considered to be the superior choice due to the bonus HP. It's not all that big of a deal in the end, though, so don't feel like you need to burn your Lord Charla to raise your Anima version.

Of the rest of your pulls, Jed, Ciara and Avani are standouts. Jed is a Brave Burst gauge filler as well as a Burst Crystal/Heart Crystal drop rate adder, which makes him good for pretty much all content. 7* Ciara is a monster of a unit, about the best elemental damage and attack buffer out there. Avani is the new arena sexy, and has some use in certain high-level content due to her normal attack rate buff.

7* Semira is a status affliction unit, which makes her really useful in particular content and meh in others.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Thanks to Rixa, I got those rewards from having a CC account.

Anyway, I tried to get a Krantz since his rate up is today, and I swear I never have any luck with using tickets. Got a whole bunch of nothing (3 dupes and a Behemoth lol the other one only had 6* potential :\), but I did get a Kira in my inbox. He seems alright, but I really don't know what to make of him. His LS is very niche, I have a Griff for the Crit up, but Kira has the chance to inflict Attack/Def down, which is nice.

Anyone else have some input?

Rixa

Yeah, units with IDs above 8000 as global exclusive
Thanks for the info.
Damn, Rixa, you're using up all of the luck from the summon pool. That's a pretty stellar set of initial pulls you've gotten yourself.

When it comes to typing, Anima is generally considered to be the superior choice due to the bonus HP. It's not all that big of a deal in the end, though, so don't feel like you need to burn your Lord Charla to raise your Anima version.

Of the rest of your pulls, Jed, Ciara and Avani are standouts. Jed is a Brave Burst gauge filler as well as a Burst Crystal/Heart Crystal drop rate adder, which makes him good for pretty much all content. 7* Ciara is a monster of a unit, about the best elemental damage and attack buffer out there. Avani is the new arena sexy, and has some use in certain high-level content due to her normal attack rate buff.

7* Semira is a status affliction unit, which makes her really useful in particular content and meh in others.
Beginners luck or something o_O. Ill raise Krantz to 80 & another Charla to 80 and after those I check how many Crystals I have and what colour they are and try to get as many units as high as I can (GS Rate Up).

Iam not sure is it some prolonged campaing or why, but I seem to get "Christmas & New Year Login Rewards", today got "Day 4/30" -> 2 Crystals of every colour.

^^ EDIT: I think I get some days and when it ends, it ends for me too so wont get to 30 days rather getting under 10 days total, but its nice to get stuff I didnt think I get at all.

Thanks to Rixa, I got those rewards from having a CC account.
Iam really happy that it worked. Would been such a waste to let that other account be nonused.
Btw I havent got that missing unit yet, not sure when I get it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Iam really happy that it worked. Would been such a waste to let that other account be nonused.

Thank you again for it. Shame those tickets didn't really amount to anything (except merit points lol), but that's the way it always seems to be with me haha. Game trolls me.

Btw I havent got that missing unit yet, not sure when I get it.
From the other day? Neither did I.

Primus

Anyone else have some input?

Kira's real strength is in the Raid Medal Rush mode, where his crit buff and def ignore work well to blow through the content. Other than that, I mean, he doesn't suck or anything, but there's certainly better (coughZeduscough) units.

Rixa

Thank you again for it. Shame those tickets didn't really amount to anything (except merit points lol), but that's the way it always seems to be with me haha. Game trolls me.
From the other day? Neither did I.

Hopefully that "Other day missing unit" is atleast good for you :). Is there list somewhere what those units are?

Rixa

Some updates about my progression:

Level 52
Unit slots 170 (going to increase these)
Item slots 185 (going to increase these)

Teams I use

Arena: 6* l.Rahgan / 6* Selena / 5* Vermillion / 5* Ciara
Everything else: 4x5* l.Chrome / Krantz / Vermillion / Avani

Yesterday I used most of my stamina to hardest level of Friday Dungeon and grabbed shitton of materials, Zel & Karma and got about 20 levels. When Monday hits going to do same with monday dungeon, if Iam correct its ½ Energy so it should be fun :p

Arena with my team is now really fun. Managed to get party cost up and evolved Rahgan & Selena to 6* versions.Huge improvement from 5* versions, now I have BB ready at 2nd turn while before it was ready 3-4 turns (and usually I ended up beign dead).

Then managed to get from "Brave Slots"
- Carnage Edge (+40% atk)
- Divine Sword (+25% atk)
- 2x God Armor (+25% hp)

Gave CE to Rahgan, DS to Selena. Iam not using these units outside of Arena.

With help of friends managed to beat Thunder, Water, Light Mecha Gods. My energy max is 52 so thankfully those dungeons are now ½ energy. Going to do more Mechas during this weekend. Rahgan & Selena are now ready for 7*, not evolving before I have enough Crystals & party cost.

I have done some raiding and just opened 2* raids. I know that in raids when harvesting you get stuff that you cant otherwise obtain but:

Whats the idea with raids, get rare materials at higher difficulties or can you acquire some units from there too?

MicH

Set Avani as your Arena lead and have Rahgan as sub instead. Avani is amazing in Arena.

You can get done characters in Raid but they're not that good. Raid is for farming rare materials to craft incredibly powerful spheres like Malice Jewel (30% all stats), Buffer Jewel (35% all stats) and Occult Treasure (40% all Stats)

Top Bottom