• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Rixa

Set Avani as your Arena lead and have Rahgan as sub instead. Avani is amazing in Arena.

You can get done characters in Raid but they're not that good. Raid is for farming rare materials to craft incredibly powerful spheres like Malice Jewel (30% all stats), Buffer Jewel (35% all stats) and Occult Treasure (40% all Stats)

Does it matter that Avani is 5* and Rahgan is 6* or should I swap it after Avani is 6*?
I need to do raids more then.

^^
Edit:
I evolved Avani to 6* and tried it as leader.
-> Cant get skills ready to 2nd turn.
->> 6* Rahgan back to leader, his leader skill helps building BB with normal hits.

Primus

Some sort of new collaboration event is coming to GLBF starting on Friday. Not sure what it is yet, Gumi's just saying it's happening. Might be tied to that "tell us what collabs you want" Twitter thing they were doing last week.

Rixa

Last week was fun with ½ energy dungeons. I tried to plan ahead and grab evolve mats from dungeons that normally cost shitton of Energy. Not sure if I went overboard with it, I have 175 unit inventory and after every Quest battle I need to go sell 1-2* drops (3* goes to Merit points). I think I made 10 Miracle Totem runs + one of each colour Mecha Gods, except 3 for Light.

Rank is now 89 (almost 90). I bought that 9,99$ / 4 tix bundle and Iam gathering Gems (25 now) so that I can make either SR+ summon 10+1 or 2x 4+special gate (or whatever its called).

I did spend 3 Gems to one normal summon but yeah got 4* unit and decided its not worth to use those at all since those Super Rare+ summons are much better if I get some ancient 5* unit I can always raise its level and sell it to Merit points rather than get some shitty 3-4* unit.

After looking for some info, what the heck to do with Merit Points (had almost 30k) I found info that good way to spent 20k is to buy Prized Mercy, so I bought it and equipped to Avani.

Evolved Krantz to 6* version, in party switched Chrome (5*) temporarly to Ciara (5*) cause cost issues but going to switch it back to Chrome today. If Iam not wrong I should get +5 cost at level 90, cost issue is haunting me :/.

Now my party (outside of Arena) is: Leader Avani (6*), Krantz (6*), Charla (5*), Chrome (5*), Vermillion (5*).

For next, would it be better to raise Avani to 7* (I think I need 10 levels more) or some unit to 6*?

Rixa

New event:

Gumi said:
A warm, jubilant vibe envelops the wintry air that surrounds Grand Gaia. Feel the Winter Festivities by celebrating these amazing events with us!

A. New Unit Release

Welcome Luce, Farzen and Limera - second batch of the Descendants of Elgaia and three new addition to your squad! Enjoy two awesome deals to celebrate their arrival in Grand Gaia:

1. Divine Summon Promo

Form the squad of your dreams by taking advantage of Divine Summon!
Event Duration: January 29, 07:00 to February 1, 06:59 PST
5 Gems per summon
Divine Summon - minimum of 5-stars and a chance for 6-stars and selected units with 7-star potential from Kira batch onwards. More details regarding the unit inclusions will be provided on a separate news. Please check our official channels from time to time.
Super Rare Summon Plus promo for Batch 1 will end early on January 29, 06:59 PST. This is to give way to Batch 2's release tied with more exciting deals!

2. Elgif Specials

Get these white divine beasts and strengthen your units!
Event Duration: February 1, 07:00 to February 5, 06:59 PST
5 Gems per summon
Super Rare Summon Plus - Minimum of 5 stars and a chance for 6-stars
4 + 1 promo [Get a bonus high rarity Elgif with every 4 summons]
Together with Elgif Special event are two other in-game events to help you catch this little but helpful units:
a. Half Energy for Guardians of Lore
b. Half Price for Void Tablet Emgif from Exchange Hall (Limited to 10 Exchange)

B. Chinese New Year Specials

1. Login Campaign
Watch out for a special login campaign in celebration of Chinese New Year! Updates will be posted on our official channels so stay tuned!
Event Duration: February 7, 00:00 to February 14, 23:59 PST
2. Prosperity Brawl Dungeon Re-run
Enter Prosperity Brawl dungeon and get packets which can be exchanged to Zel and materials to craft special item and sphere!
Event Duration: February 7, 00:00 to February 13, 23:59 PST

I might pull from unit event & make 4+1 from Elgifs.
Not going to pull from Elgifs, rather use my Gems to Divine Summons.

I'll probably waste a ticket or two on Divine Summon, but I don't expect much from it. Probably going to be more merit points for me. Also Rixa I see you got Laberd, who is probably way better than Krantz in the mitigator slot, considering you also have Charla.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Here's the details of the collaboration event.

Worlds collide as Rune Story's heroine Mira jumps into the realm of Grand Gaia! Join her in her adventures as she battles evil and triumphs over the darkness!

Let's give Mira a warm welcome with these collaboration events!

Rune Story Log-in Campaign:

Log-in from January 30, 0:00 until February 8, 23:59 PST and get these awesome rewards:
Day 1 - 1 Set of Elemental Gods
Day 2 - 1 Set of Elemental Totems and 2 Miracle Totems
Day 3 - 2 Sets of Elemental Crystals
Day 4 - 3 Burst Frogs and 5 Crescent Dew
Day 5 - 1 Mira Unit
Day 6 - 1 Sphere Frog
Day 7 - 3 Burst Emperors and 3 Almighty Imps

On another note, I now have the parts to create the Spheres for Hadaron, Deimos, Aurillia (sp) and Zenia. I already have Hadaron and Deimos at 7*. (I REALLY want Zenia now) and just need the void chunks to synth them. I just ranked up to Raid Class 4. Anyone happen to have that particular raid that drops void chunks? Or do I need to unlock it myself first? (I've soloed every raid so far)

Here's the details of the collaboration event.

Worlds collide as Rune Story's heroine Mira jumps into the realm of Grand Gaia! Join her in her adventures as she battles evil and triumphs over the darkness!

Let's give Mira a warm welcome with these collaboration events!

Rune Story Log-in Campaign:

Log-in from January 30, 0:00 until February 8, 23:59 PST and get these awesome rewards:
Day 1 - 1 Set of Elemental Gods
Day 2 - 1 Set of Elemental Totems and 2 Miracle Totems
Day 3 - 2 Sets of Elemental Crystals
Day 4 - 3 Burst Frogs and 5 Crescent Dew
Day 5 - 1 Mira Unit
Day 6 - 1 Sphere Frog
Day 7 - 3 Burst Emperors and 3 Almighty Imps

On another note, I now have the parts to create the Spheres for Hadaron, Deimos, Aurillia (sp) and Zenia. I already have Hadaron and Deimos at 7*. (I REALLY want Zenia now) and just need the void chunks to synth them. I just ranked up to Raid Class 4. Anyone happen to have that particular raid that drops void chunks? Or do I need to unlock it myself first? (I've soloed every raid so far)

Void chunks drop from Centurion, who is in RC4 Exodus and Relics of a Forgotten Era. Exodus is unlocked by beating Memories of a Valkyrie and Relics of a Forgotten Era is unlocked by beating Exodus. Centurion hits pretty hard so I'd be prepared.

Rixa

Sorry for picture heavy post :/.

Also Rixa I see you got Laberd, who is probably way better than Krantz in the mitigator slot, considering you also have Charla.

Yeah, forming something around Laberd.

Update about my situation
Level 94 / RC 4 / Sage / Dont bother much AC
Unit slots: 200
Item slots: 215

New summons:

Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-17-48.png
Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-17-38.png
Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-17-24.png

Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-16-40.png
Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-16-31.png
Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-16-23.png

Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-16-13.png
Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-16-01.png
Screenshot_2016-01-30-16-44-32.png

Screenshot_2016-01-30-16-44-39.png
Screenshot_2016-01-30-16-44-46.png

I made 8 pulls from Divine Summon portal, ggot another Raghan (6*) and my 3rd Charla.

Then I made 3 pulls from Arena summon (I had 4/17 units). Got 2 dupes Bestie & Iris, 3rd pull was Quartz. After that I decided not to pull more from that and use 3 gems to unit inventory and 2 to items.

All the units I have.

Outside of arena I was thinking something like this:
Laberd / Avani / Charla / x / x /

Which units to use in those "x" spots, Vermillion?

Then I got nice Elgif which I gave to Laberd:
Basically Iam running lv.5 Elgif dungeon + arena + raids, not doing story at the moment (weekdays are for story). I prolly have too much some not needed materials (been trying to keep them in 1 stacks).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So still another week later, I never got that bonus unit from the glitch from the summon portal of the popular units.

I sent another ticket back in and they gave me a summon ticket as compensation.

Used it on the Arena gate and got me Zenia. :D

Rixa, I think running Semira and Ciara in your team would be good. Semira has Status Null and BC/HC drop in her seven star along with status infliction, while Ciara has an attack buff and add 4 elements to your attacks.

Rixa

I sent another ticket back in and they gave me a summon ticket as compensation.

Used it on the Arena gate and got me Zenia. :D
Nice :). I got ticket yesterday too after 2nd mail to them. Too bad I pulled dupe from Arena but oh well what the heck :)

Rixa, I think running Semira and Ciara in your team would be good. Semira has Status Null and BC/HC drop in her seven star along with status infliction, while Ciara has an attack buff and add 4 elements to your attacks.

So like this:
Laberd / Avani / Charla / Semira / Ciara /
^^
Good thing is that Semira & Ciara are cheaper units (17 cost) and they both are already in level 80 cause I like those units.

MicH

Damn, Laberd is possibly the best unit currently in the game. I've been using him + Mikael leads a lot recently. Great survivability and BB management. Mikael has really taken me by surprise. I wasn't really feeling him when we first saw his stats, but his amazing 150% DEF buff AND 60% ATK to DEF conversion is just godlike. Especially if you can bring an 140% ATK buffer to boost that DEF extra high

Rixa

Elgif dungeon has now ½ Energy cost. Looked Reddit and there are many salty players about that Eligf summoning. Apparently Gimu thinks high rarity = 3*... Iam glad that I didnt waste Tickets / Gems to that promo. Instead going to run lv.5 dungeon so many times as I can during these days.

20 Energy and 8k exp and a chance for Elgif = win.

Elgif dungeon has now ½ Energy cost. Looked Reddit and there are many salty players about that Eligf summoning. Apparently Gimu thinks high rarity = 3*... Iam glad that I didnt waste Tickets / Gems to that promo. Instead going to run lv.5 dungeon so many times as I can during these days.

20 Energy and 8k exp and a chance for Elgif = win.

Why not lvl.7?

Havent tested but Iam fairly sure I cant auto it. Not even sure if I can finish it at all.

ohhh Yeah. It's not easy to auto. I don't find it TOO difficult unless I get Genocide'd 3-4 times in one turn.

Costs me 1 fujin a run, but doesn't take too long.

Hadaron (L), Zenia, Bestie, Krantz, Ark, Any friend lead.

Turn 1 : Hardon (SBB), Zenia (SBB), Krantz (SBB), Bestie (SBB), Ark (BB)
Turn 2 : Zenia (UBB), All Normal Attacks

Ark/Zenia are for extra normal attack BB/UBB.

Primus

There was a screwup with the awarding of the Mira collab unit earlier this morning, if you grabbed it in the first 40 minutes she had a random typing instead of Lord. If you mistakenly got the random-typed version, be warned that she will be reset to level 1 upon being fixed, although you will get some Merit Points as a booby prize.

Rixa

There was a screwup with the awarding of the Mira collab unit earlier this morning, if you grabbed it in the first 40 minutes she had a random typing instead of Lord. If you mistakenly got the random-typed version, be warned that she will be reset to level 1 upon being fixed, although you will get some Merit Points as a booby prize.

Havent tested if this bug is fixed and is it only graphical error or some error in code. Yesterday while doing Arena I noticed my Win streak got skyrocketed :p

Primus

The Lunar New Year Celebration is back again from the 7th through the 14th, and with it the Prosperity Brawl dungeon and all its special materials. Login giveaways for the 8-day period will be:

Day 1: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 4 Small Red Packet, 4 Longevity Dew, 30 Brave Medals.
Day 2: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 6 Small Red Packet, 4 Prosperity Essence, 30 Brave Medals, 5 Metal Key.
Day 3: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 8 Small Red Packet, 8 Prosperity Essence, 30 Brave Medals, 1 Gem.
Day 4: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 2 Medium Red Packet, 8 Prosperity Essence, 30 Brave Medals, 3 Jewel Key.
Day 5: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 4 Medium Red Packet, 8 Prosperity Essence, 30 Brave Medals, 2 Gems.
Day 6: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 6 Medium Red Packet, 4 Longevity Dew, 30 Brave Medals, 1 Imp Key.
Day 7: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 1 Big Red Packet, 8 Prosperity Essence, 30 Brave Medals,
Day 8: 8 Mandarin Oranges, 2 Big Red Packet, 8 Prosperity Essence, 30 Brave Medals, 1 Imp Key, 2 Gems.

Mandarin Oranges are a 3-turn HoT, much like the Sacred Light items.

There'll also be a special Prosperity Summon RS gate, for four Gems a pop and containing 15 specific characters:

Febros, Reviora, Kiravel, Iidor, Eldora, Zerafalgar, Magnazorda, Ragshelm, Leviathan, Duelmex, God Phoenix, Leorone, Kagutsuchi, Behemoth, Esna

You'll also be able to upgrade last year's Auspicious Lion Charm sphere into the new Golden Lion Regalia (+40% ATK, +30% HP, DEF and REC, boosts Spark damage) with 1 Auspicious Lion Charm, 50 Miracle Drop, 80 Prosperity Essence, 60 Longevity Dew, 20 Honor Drop, and 85,000 Karma.

Primus

The special Sphere for the Mira collaboration unit, Mira's Holy Relic (Recovers HP each turn & slightly reduces BB gauge needed for BB) is in your GLBF mailbox now.

Primus

In case you didn't think that Gumi was ripping off GLBF players enough, you'll love the special Valentine's Summon Gate!

Two separate gates, one for Randolph, one for Ravenna. You're guaranteed the special unit for 20 summons.

That's right, it's a 20+1 Gate. And then you have to do it again for the other unit, so if you want a guaranteed pair of units, that's 40! summons. And both units will only be available during the event.

Wow.

broz0rs

hahah.. so if a person theoretically fails to roll both units, they've essentially dropped 200 gems.

don't know about you guys but i'm winding down my time wth BF. Been spending more time on FFRK and Boom Beach. I'll probably uninstall once Brave Exvius hits global.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
And it doesn't even look like they're worth it.

But hey, 1/2 energy on Vortex and the evo dungeons are unlocked all next week.

(Now just give me my 7* Elza pls)

Primus

don't know about you guys but i'm winding down my time wth BF. Been spending more time on FFRK and Boom Beach. I'll probably uninstall once Brave Exvius hits global.

I'm certainly spending much less time in BF these days, most of the time I log in once for the daily reward and that's it.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the twenty summons if it wasn't for the fact that after 10 it turns into a global exclusive gate, which is awful because I own almost all of them. Took me 16 summons to get Randolph, so that was 5 global dupes. He seems really useful for CA which is why I got him. Don't care much about the girl though. The infinite SBB doesn't seem very attractive. In the end it's all a cycle, Gumi gives me free gems and summon tickets from CA, I use those summon tickets and gems to get a unit that I think will be useful in CA.

Primus

Some stuff coming out for JPBF, a Famitsu article is talking about new "Dream Maker" Evolutions. Not necessarily 8* evos, but more like a sidegrade evolution that gives some power boosts (up to level 150 now), ability changes and extra abilities you get by grinding more units.

No timetable for it hitting JPBF yet, but I expect it's going to be within the next month or two because that's usually when we start to get previews for upcoming features. Means this stuff might go to Global by the end of the year, maybe.

MicH

They break the gates way too often to the point where I think it's intentional. They NEVER take the gates down when they're broken so people can still waste their gems in them. Pretty scum my

Primus

They break the gates way too often to the point where I think it's intentional. They NEVER take the gates down when they're broken so people can still waste their gems in them. Pretty scum my

Yeah, while Gumi has apparently fixed the crash issues, the not-getting-anything problems are still there and yet the Gates are wide open to fleece people.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Update this week

Another grand week to look forward to as we bring you our weekly game updates!

• Gildorf Batch 1
Gildorf, Klaus and Isterio are coming to Grand Gaia to showcase their immeasurable prowess. Revel in their glory this February 21, 07:00 PST on our Rare Summon Gate.

Note: Lafiel, Malbelle and Reihard will be released at a later time.

• Maintenance
We are having a scheduled Server Maintenance on February 24, 22:00 PST. Maintenance will last for approximately 6 hours. Please see the inclusions below:
a. New 7-star Evolution
Ramna, Ophelia, Lilith and Elza will finally obtain their much-awaited 7-star evolution! Take advantage of their increased summon rates and get them from the Rare Summon Gate on February 23, 07:00 PST until February 25, 06:59 PST.
b. Grand Quest: Correct Path
c. Grand Gaia Chronicles: The Knight and the Princess Sphere

• Special Achievement System
Special Challenges are at hand for you over the next weekend to farm more Merit Points, so remember to do all the tasks!

Finally, Elza's 7* :3

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'll need to bank up evo mats this weekend, gonna 7* all four of those.

Still half energy vortex, go go go! (Unless you need the stones then good luck)

Just did that for my Elza, which is the only one I have out of that bunch. Still want Lilith though(And Reeze)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
...so Japan BF is getting a Shin Megami Tensei collab. Looks like to coincide with the release of SMTIVF in Japan about a week ago.

I...

FUCK

I want this to come to global, but I doubt it will.

Primus

The current RS gate for the Gildorf batch (all 6 now) has permanent rate ups, up to 10x, the more you summon. Plus free Elgifs for every 4 summons.

I pulled four times, got an anima Reihard and three trash, and my free Elgif was trash, so yay I guess.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I pulled four times myself and got Breaker Rize and Anima Lafiel.

My Elgif was pretty shitty too. Slight boost of HP, Atk and Rec when HP is under 50%. :\

But I did get one of the units I wanted from this batch!

Top Bottom