• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

zroid

Banned
so uh maybe a mod should move this to Community and/or update the title so it's clear it's for the FtS/PAL release

Sadly, I won't be getting this til Monday.

For whatever reason it said the estimated Delivery for my CE was the 11th. When I contacted a Help Rep about this, they upgraded me to one day shipping for free, but it was too late (even at 2:30 pm) to get it delivered to me Friday =/

I got 5 dollars bonus credit out of it which is something I guess.

First 5 hours or so was amazing. The second 5 is really starting to drag and I think I'm starting to sour on the game.

Does it pick up again story and character wise? There seems to be a long road ahead.

krossj

First 5 hours or so was amazing. The second 5 is really starting to drag and I think I'm starting to sour on the game.

Does it pick up again story and character wise? There seems to be a long road ahead.

Story and characters didn't do a whole lot for me throughout the entire game. The later chapters are a joke in my opinion. If your not that interested in the battle system and the characters and story aren't doing it for you at this point you might find the whole thing tedious.

The jobs/ abilities becoming available and customising my approach in battle with the team I had kept me playing though. I really enjoyed the Brave/ Default system and some of the final jobs that become available in the game are the most fun and rewarding.

Story and characters didn't do a whole lot for me throughout the entire game. The later chapters are a joke in my opinion. If your not that interested in the battle system and the characters and story aren't doing it for you at this point you might find the whole thing tedious.

The jobs/ abilities becoming available and customising my approach in battle with the team I had kept me playing though. I really enjoyed the Brave/ Default system and some of the final jobs that become available in the game are the most fun and rewarding.

Yeah that is what I figured. I'm thinking maybe it should be "A better crimson gem saga than Crimson gem saga".... but that'd probably lead to legal troubles.

I'll push on for a while longer. The job system is still addictive enough at this stage.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to play this, I wish they would put it out on vita as well...

Just a friendly piece of advice: this is not the best idea to put in an OT of an already existing game

antibolo

Banned
I dunno if this has been answered or not, but can I buy it without creating the NNID on eShop?

As far as I can understand, you can still buy games on the eShop without an ID, you just can't download demos anymore.

And yes, it makes no fucking sense.

aScaris

So, I have a question regarding chapter 5 and maybe also the following chapters...

I enjoyed the "bossrush" in chapter 5 and did all bosses up to the fight at the water crystal. When prompted to do the same button mashing for the 6th time I got curious and wanted to see what happens if I just keep mashing when Airy tells me to stop. Turns out you can destroy the crystals and get to the final chapter immediately. The main quest markers on the map disappered and only the one at Norrende remained, which makes me think I could now go directly to the final boss fight. However, I do not want to do this and skip half of the game... Did I just fuck up my savegame after 49h playtime? I really hope there is a way to continue the story the way it was meant to be played :(

Leezard

So, I have a question regarding chapter 5 and maybe also the following chapters...

I enjoyed the "bossrush" in chapter 5 and did all bosses up to the fight at the water crystal. When prompted to do the same button mashing for the 6th time I got curious and wanted to see what happens if I just keep mashing when Airy tells me to stop. Turns out you can destroy the crystals and get to the final chapter immediately. The main quest markers on the map disappered and only the one at Norrende remained, which makes me think I could now go directly to the final boss fight. However, I do not want to do this and skip half of the game... Did I just fuck up my savegame after 49h playtime? I really hope there is a way to continue the story the way it was meant to be played :(

You're in no trouble. You're on the path to the normal ending, and once you complete it you will be returned to before you
destroyed the crystal.

Glass Rebel

Alright, I posted this in the new thread but Leezard suggested I use the old one instead.

Chapter 7 Spoilers:

jeez, the battles are getting fucking hard now. Rusalka remains one of the toughest fights: deals tons of damage, 3 clones, charm. Maybe I should give up playing the rest with random builds to master my last few jobs. Are you guys going with specialized builds in the late-game? Mine are basically one healer and three physical attackers with Sword Magic for elemental damage until I max all jobs.

Leezard

Alright, I posted this in the new thread but Leezard suggested I use the old one instead.

Chapter 7 Spoilers:

jeez, the battles are getting fucking hard now. Rusalka remains one of the toughest fights: deals tons of damage, 3 clones, charm. Maybe I should give up playing the rest with random builds to master my last few jobs. Are you guys going with specialized builds in the late-game? Mine are basically one healer and three physical attackers with Sword Magic for elemental damage until I max all jobs.

Good for the Americans. :)

Late game, I built something like this:

Freelancer/Performer
Spiritmaster/White mage
Swordmaster/Pirate
Swordmaster/Pirate

I was thinking about adding a ninja with sword magic, but my last character couldn't use that job combination. Swordmaster/Pirate combo works really well at least.

bumpkin

So how does the add friends from the internet work? Does it basically crawl your 3DS friend list and look for any others who are playing BD and have enabled the street pass?

Glass Rebel

Almost done with Chapter 7 I think:

Did all the side quests except for DeRosso + Victor and I have only the last crystal left. Hype.

Good for the Americans. :)

Late game, I built something like this:

Freelancer/Performer
Spiritmaster/White mage
Swordmaster/Pirate
Swordmaster/Pirate

I was thinking about adding a ninja with sword magic, but my last character couldn't use that job combination. Swordmaster/Pirate combo works really well at least.

Hmm, I gotta invest some more into Pirates. They have some pretty cool skills. I'm currently going with a Sword Magic Ninja and it's pretty cool.

Finally got the delivered. Enjoyed the demo and enjoying the main game, but I'm only like an hour in. I'm digging how this game uses just about every feature of the 3DS.

That being said, how do I add friends? I've never done it for my 3DS. Is there a thread/post with a list of people? I don't even know how to get my own friend code lol.

also

Banned
Is anyone else playing with auto save off? I'm doing a hard mode run but I can't decide if no auto save is too fucked up.

I did a hard mode and no auto save run. I got wiped out once or twice and lost about 30 minutes of progress each time but nothing major. If you run out of supplies you can always turn off random encounters and hightail it to the nearest town. There's no shame in that.

Glass Rebel

Chapter 8 Spoilers:

Theoretically this should be the last time, right? Can I do the optional boss groups later or do I have to do them before awakening the crystals?

Just hit chapter 7...

Did anybody beat all of the bosses in each cycle?
I did in 5 and 6 but it's wearing thin now. Can I just activate the crystals each round until the end of the game or does continually fighting them get you more than additional notebook pages?

bumpkin

If anyone cares to add me, my FC is 3652-0543-3251. PM me your code so I can add you too. I'm in the US.

HammerOfThor: I got your PM and added you.

I just finished reading both the Bravely Default novels that were released late last year together with For The Sequel. It takes place after the end of the true ending. Plot summary (major spoilers for the end of the game and the books):
Tiz, Agnes and Edea went back to their original world. Ringabel wanted to go back to HIS original world. On his way through the hole his airship encountered some difficulty and he was thrown off. When he awoke, he was back in Norende. And the hole was still open. So he went back there, and met Tiz and Agnes. But they didn't recognize him. Or each other, in fact.

Yup. He had ended up in yet another world. Even Airy was back, and on her wings she bore an infinity symbol. He sets out on a journey to release all 4 crystals AGAIN. Except this time he swore to save everyone. And he kept questioning if this Airy was lying to them again.

He was eventually able to recruit Holly and Bearing, Jackal and Najit, and the Venus sisters. He rallied all the nations against the empire, and eventually managed to convince Brave to stop his plans. The four crystals were released without bringing about the Holy Pillar. Airy turned out to have been evil all along, and was actually some lingering power of Uroboros (even she herself did not know this). With the aid of Anazel the party defeated her. Instead of killing her off, Ringbel brought up his oath to save everyone, and managed to convince her to Bravely Default from the voice in her head insisting she should bring about the world's end.

Overall I found the story a bit of a disappointment, but it had some really good moments. The biggest one being Ringabel commenting that
Victor, Victoria and Anazel were the three with the most tragic stories among the Empire, and how he intended to use that to convert them to his side.

I have a couple questions for you experienced folks,

1. Is there a particularly great spot in Chapter 4 for grinding jp? I finally got myself to progress to there last night after grinding in every chapter haha I want to hurry up and get Free Lunch unlocked to use with my Pirates and it'd be nice to learn dual wield with the two guys but I haven't ever assigned Ninja to them so want to generate some nice JP to do it quickly.

2. I received two of the same Nemesis yesterday, but one of them had it's name in Japanese. Is there a difference between the two? Do they have different stats or hp? different rewards? I can see they are the same level and the creature is Asmodeus if it helps.

Zornica

Banned
I have a couple questions for you experienced folks,

1. Is there a particularly great spot in Chapter 4 for grinding jp? I finally got myself to progress to there last night after grinding in every chapter haha I want to hurry up and get Free Lunch unlocked to use with my Pirates and it'd be nice to learn dual wield with the two guys but I haven't ever assigned Ninja to them so want to generate some nice JP to do it quickly.

2. I received two of the same Nemesis yesterday, but one of them had it's name in Japanese. Is there a difference between the two? Do they have different stats or hp? different rewards? I can see they are the same level and the creature is Asmodeus if it helps.

I'd wait till chapter 5, stronger enemies, more xp, more jp...

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Receiving this as a gift from a very sweet soul! *cries*

Watching YouTube videos in the meantime.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd wait till chapter 5, stronger enemies, more xp, more jp...
I expected as much. Job levels are grabbed easily enough up to 9 then the game sends a pretty clear "NOT YET" message. Levels 10 & 11 could probably happen on their own over chapters 3 & 4, but you'll probably want to spend that time leveling up your new ones instead.

Top Bottom