• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

Is there anyone that has tested if you can get villagers on your full version from people that just have the demo?
Yes, you'll continue to get villagers from people who have activated Streetpass in the demo. What I found convenient as well is that there is also no need to switch off the demo's Streetpass in the full game it will automatically take over the demo's Streetpass place.

Awesome I keep streetpassing my 2 3DS systems and getting one villager a day haha.

This is what I thought of when I read this post...

RJUbxDF.jpg

I got the 20 villagers from the demo. You won't be able to check/verify it in-game until about an hour in, but before you start the game you will be asked if you want to have the bonuses from the demo.

You also get the items from whatever tier you unlocked in the demo from quests.
Not what I was asking but thanks for the quick response anyway haha
Yes, you'll continue to get villagers from people who have activated Streetpass in the demo. What I found convenient as well is that there is also no need to switch off the demo's Streetpass in the full game it will automatically take over the demo's Streetpass place.

This is what I meant, thank you. Good to know because I made a couple friends download the demo and activate this when I was playing it but they don't play these types of games so they won't be getting the full version. So this should still be the case if I delete the demo, so long as I transfer everything first, correct?

do the demo bonuses matter at all, or should I just start the real game tomorrow and not bother about going through the demo?
These are the demo bonus:
All 7 reward sets now, they are:
Gameplay reward
Played the demo version
Caldislan Relief Set
Antidote x2
Eye Drops x2
Echo Herbs x2

Norende fully restored
Caldislan Adventurer's Set
Bronze Bangle x1
Phoenix Down x2

Mid-boss reward
Melusine reward
Caldislan Recovery Set
Potion x3
Hi-potion x1

Minotaur reward
Caldislan White Mage's Set
Staff x1
Ether x1

Adamant. Shell reward
Caldislan Black Mage's Set
Rod x1
Ether x1

Boss reward
Dragon reward
Caldislan Soldier's Set
Bronze Helm x1
Leather Armor x1

Automation reward
Caldislan Knight's Set
Broadsword x1
Buckler x1
Only worthwhile bonus tbf is the Streetpass villagers, these items become useless quite fast tbh.
This is what I meant, thank you. Good to know because I made a couple friends download the demo and activate this when I was playing it but they don't play these types of games so they won't be getting the full version. So this should still be the case if I delete the demo, so long as I transfer everything first, correct?
Yeah should be alright for you to delete the demo after it tells you the items transferred over. Just make sure they are actually in your possession though.

It's pretty awesome that I'll have between 21-24 villagers to start out with hehe

Now I just need to find a Europe/Japan GAFfer to get an elixir Mammon I think it was? How far in do you have to play to get nemesis'?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Forget the demo, I'm going in raw. Just 6.5 hours and however long it takes to download left. Please don't crash, eShop.

It's pretty awesome that I'll have between 21-24 villagers to start out with hehe

Now I just need to find a Europe/Japan GAFfer to get an elixir Mammon I think it was? How far in do you have to play to get nemesis'?
You can get it quite early, think almost as soon as you can start rebuilding Norednde or after a boss or so.

Yeah should be alright for you to delete the demo after it tells you the items transferred over. Just make sure they are actually in your possession though.
Awesome, thanks!
Forget the demo, I'm going in raw. Just 6.5 hours and however long it takes to download left. Please don't crash, eShop.

It's not worth it to you at this point. Street pass villagers are the only worthwhile thing to transfer and you already know you want the game so you don't need to test the battle system out for that reason with the game coming out so soon anyway.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Probably wouldn't get streetpasses anyway. The only way I get stuff is spotpass at starbucks if I go before work, which I wont mess with in this shitty weather. I may try when the weather improves tho, to see if people in my area got the game.

nikos

For some odd reason, I'm sort of having second thoughts about getting this game. What I'm looking for is a great story and experience. I couldn't really care less about the battle system. That sort of comes second to stories for me in JRPGs.

That being said, I put over five hours into the demo and have the CE preordered, but it's disappointing that we're not getting the Agnès figurine. I hadn't realized that until now because I've been avoiding any media.

What should I do? Maybe I should check out some reviews.

For some odd reason, I'm sort of having second thoughts about getting this game. What I'm looking for is a great story and experience. I couldn't really care less about the battle system. That sort of comes second to stories for me in JRPGs.

That being said, I put over five hours into the demo and have the CE preordered, but it's disappointing that we're not getting the Agnès figurine. I hadn't realized that until now because I've been avoiding any media.

But have you SEEN the figurine?

Eh I feel the same way about RPGs as well, but I'm going with my gut on this one. I've heard the overall story actually is good, it's just mostly standard JRPG fare most of the game. Characters are supposed to be great, especially Ringabel and Edea.

You can't receive nemeses from friends sadly.

It's time to play the Mammon Lottery!

In any case, I always send off Elixir Mammon, but dunno if anybody still does? I rarely get it when I update data; it's usually the new year boss or something.

Probably wouldn't get streetpasses anyway. The only way I get stuff is spotpass at starbucks if I go before work, which I wont mess with in this shitty weather. I may try when the weather improves tho, to see if people in my area got the game.

Yeah street pass was a worthless feature for most of us but they clearly had densely packed Tokyo in mind when they made it haha The only reason I was able to snag 20 villagers so quickly is because my roommate has a 3DS and we leave ours on stand bye and feed off each other twice a day.

bodine1231

Do I have to complete the demo to get the 20 villagers in the retail release? I just played up to the part where you can get the 20 and just saved afterwards.

Yeah street pass was a worthless feature for most of us but they clearly had densely packed Tokyo in mind when they made it haha The only reason I was able to snag 20 villagers so quickly is because my roommate has a 3DS and we leave ours on stand bye and feed off each other twice a day.
You'll get villagers from online peeps if you update your data anyway as well =)
Do I have to complete the demo to get the 20 villagers in the retail release? I just played up to the part where you can get the 20 and just saved afterwards.
Should be fine you, you should get 20 villagers when you start.

You can't receive nemeses from friends sadly.

It's time to play the Mammon Lottery!

In any case, I always send off Elixir Mammon, but dunno if anybody still does? I rarely get it when I update data; it's usually the new year boss or something.

What do you mean? Don't you add a friend and then they can ship one your way like you mention in the second portion of your post? I remember seeing people in this thread ship one left and right to people a couple months ago. My only hope is that someone is still playing it and has one that they didn't replace with something else haha

You'll get villagers from online peeps if you update your data anyway as well =)

Should be fine you, you should get 20 villagers when you start.

Yeah but that feature is locked in the demo, I was just speaking to how I acquired 20 in the demo quickly. Thank god for that feature.

Mpl90, where are you with your Amazon Bravely Default vs FFXIII: LR comparisons :p

edit: I'll do it myself

Bravely Default: 4th

Lightning Returns (PS3): 6th
Lightning Returns (360): 48th

(oh and for the lols, Titanfall is 13th)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, e-mail from GameStop saying my CE has shipped. From previous orders, I should probably get it on Tuesday.

zroid

Banned
Also, fwiw, Bravely Default in 4th is actually the best-selling piece of software atm. 1st through 3rd are all PSN money cards.

Also, fwiw, Bravely Default in 4th is actually the best-selling piece of software atm. 1st through 3rd are all PSN money cards.

yeah, I was about to mention this
in fact, taking away all non-games on the list:

Bravely Default: 1st

LR (PS3): 2nd
LR (360): 27th

(bonus round 2-Titanfall: 5th)

What do you mean? Don't you add a friend and then they can ship one your way like you mention in the second portion of your post? I remember seeing people in this thread ship one left and right to people a couple months ago. My only hope is that someone is still playing it and has one that they didn't replace with something else haha

No, I meant exactly what I said, sadly. When you add friends and update data, you can only use them for Abilink and friend summons.

It's random guests from update data (and StreetPass) that send you nemeses and Norende residents (plus guest summons).

Those people were likely just mistaken (I have 20 friends and used update data frequently).

No, I meant exactly what I said, sadly. When you add friends and update data, you can only use them for Abilink and friend summons.

It's random guests from update data (and StreetPass) that send you nemeses and Norende residents (plus guest summons).

Those people were likely just mistaken (I have 20 friends and used update data frequently).

What? noooooooooo So I can refresh once a day and that will swap my nemesis' out? Or can I choose to just swap specific ones? That way my roommate and I can keep refreshing until one of us gets it and then get it from the other, right?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Hopefully this is up by at midnight. Beat SMT4 and am going pretty much 100% blind into this game. Don't know what it is about, structure, combat, anything.

What? noooooooooo So I can refresh once a day and that will swap my nemesis' out? Or can I choose to just swap specific ones? That way my roommate and I can keep refreshing until one of us gets it and then get it from the other, right?

Bit confused about the question, but you would have to use update data every day until you (or your roommate) gets it from an internet guest who was sending it (like me). Or if you get StreetPasses, hope the person you tagged was sending it.

I got mine near the beginning of release from a Japanese player I believe; I rarely get sent Mammon these days, let alone the Elixir version.

Hope you manage to find it ^^

zroid

Banned
Should we expect to see this on the eShop at midnight? When do games tend to get released on there?

It's confirmed this will be released at midnight, but for future reference, all Nintendo published retail titles release at midnight eastern, while 3rd party published titles generally release at noon eastern.

Bit confused about the question, but you would have to use update data every day until you (or your roommate) gets it from an internet guest who was sending it (like me). Or if you get StreetPasses, hope the person you tagged was sending it.

I got mine near the beginning of release from a Japanese player I believe; I rarely get sent Mammon these days, let alone the Elixir version.

Hope you manage to find it ^^

Oh, so you choose what nemesis you want to broadcast out and random people pick that up when they update with the guy in red? I guess I'll have to hope US players can get it and we pass it amongst each other. That really sucks :(

TheContact

I wen to gamestop to pre order just now and the guy told me they were only getting 15 copies and I was 13 out of 15 to pre order

Tripon

So NOA is doing a Google handout on Tuesday to help promote the U.S. release for Bravely Default.

ProJared is confirmed to be there as well.

Zing

Banned
I wen to gamestop to pre order just now and the guy told me they were only getting 15 copies and I was 13 out of 15 to pre order
So, the same old GameStop bullshit. Drive to the nearest Walmart, Target, or Best Buy and buy it off the shelf. GameStop seems to intentionally undership.

Top Bottom