• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

LayLa

Don't worry about it. It's not nearly as bad as it may sound. And the ending ties everything together quite nicely. It's absolutely worth it.
from what I can remember, there was no pay off with the
endless 8
. That's most definitely not the case here.
The Disappearance film
is the payoff for
Endless 8
The first thing i thought of when i realized what was happening in the later chapters was
Endless 8, lol

JLeack

Banned
I just got a press e-mail from Nintendo announcing the release of Bravely Default...

it comes out tomorrow.

THE PAIN!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As I recall, don't only first party Nintendo games get a midnight eShop release? Anything else is the standard 9 AM PST/Noon EST update.

it was already selected. ive just been having issues with amazon not only with shipping. it even creeped up to my billing address. but it was already preparing to ship yesterday night so i didn't have time to change it.

but they gave me $10 credit instead.

this will happen to tales of symphonia too ( nothing i change gives me a release date)

also. Best buy preorder here too LOL.

well.... amazon just sent an email saying it shipped and ETA Delivery is tomorrow... probably complained for nothing lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So best buy has listed my copy of BD:CE as not in stock?

I dont understand. I preordered over a month ago.

... I preordered from BB too... mine says not in stock as well, but it's not released yet so I think that makes sense... right...

Yay my Amazon order finally told me a expected delivery. Although it won't be till next week. Enjoy the game everyone who is getting it tonight/tomorrow.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I am ready. I didn't want to play the demo too much so that the full game was all fresh.

bumpkin

when did you place your order? i placed an order late. by late January 18 lol.

but order status says Preparing order. so i should be good for now.
Did you do shipping from BestBuy.com or in-store pickup? I pre-ordered my copy on Jan 6th through BestBuy.com for pickup at my local store. I just checked and the status is currently "Order In Process".

Fey

Banned
hihihihi I want to pick this up tomorrow but I have an exam on Monday and don't know if I'll be able to resist the game all weekend.

I'll probably get it tomorrow anyways hihihihi

Did you do shipping from BestBuy.com or in-store pickup? I pre-ordered my copy on Jan 6th through BestBuy.com for pickup at my local store. I just checked and the status is currently "Order In Process".

site to store. status says order in process as well. hm. i'll go there regardless tomorrow after work. lol. but i'm sure i'll get an email tonight.
EDIT: wth. nvm. i did ship to me LOL. weird. thought i did site to store.

Did anyone here order the CE from Amazon and are scheduled to get it tomorrow?

I've also had it pre-ordered for months, not sure why the standards are saying the 7th and CE the 11th

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GameStop has the CE on their site again, & through some miracle, I was actually able to get an order to go through (which I haven't been able to do for about 2 years now for some reason). Granted, kind of sucks it cost me $62, but at least I had about $80 in credit & can take comfort I can order online again as a last resort.

I've also had it pre-ordered for months, not sure why the standards are saying the 7th and CE the 11th

wait until you get a tracking. i got one right after i posted here. my order said the 11th as well but the tracking and information they sent said the 7th.

minty_jpg

Not sure if this has been asked/answered before but when I put my 3DS in sleep mode to gather SP, do I have to be IN the game or just the 3DS menu/home?

Very sorry if it was already asked.

Mudron

I pre-ordered the CE in early December, had a delivery estimate of the 11th until I bumped up the delivery speed to One Day Shipping and the delivery date was revised to the 7th - the order is being processed now, though I have no idea if they really are aiming to having it delivered tomorrow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure if this has been asked/answered before but when I put my 3DS in sleep mode to gather SP, do I have to be IN the game or just the 3DS menu/home?

Very sorry if it was already asked.
I think it has to be in sleep mode with the game running, from what I'm seeing/hearing.

Derrick01

Banned
Do you guys think wal mart will have this in store tomorrow? They don't tend to carry really niche games like this but the fact it's being published by Nintendo gives me hope. I need to start using some of the christmas gift cards I got.

So is the Spell Fencer any good? I'm not really an expert on this game but elemental weapon attacks seem quite handy to have around. I'll probably keep one of my characters a ninja/spell fencer even if it's not a good combo because the concept of a ninja using elemental kunai is just so cool :p

Sadist

So is the Spell Fencer any good? I'm not really an expert on this game but elemental weapon attacks seem quite handy to have around. I'll probably keep one of my characters a ninja/spell fencer even if it's not a good combo because the concept of a ninja using elemental kunai is just so cool :p
Spellfencer is pretty handy. When you face elemental enemies, pick the one it's weak too and let the good times roll. :)

Geoff9920

I pre-ordered the CE in early December, had a delivery estimate of the 11th until I bumped up the delivery speed to One Day Shipping and the delivery date was revised to the 7th - the order is being processed now, though I have no idea if they really are aiming to having it delivered tomorrow.
Same here, but I just got a heads up that it shipped and it's still scheduled to deliver tomorrow.

Nintyb

Banned
I really wish I didn't feel so guilty calling out of work. I'd love to download at midnight and spend all day playing in bed tomorrow.

Chitown B

played a few min of the demo, but I just can't get into demos because I know ultimately the progress is pointless - though it's nice that a few things carry over to the game if you buy it.

I'll be getting the game, maybe tomorrow but we'll see. I'm glad a semi-classic FF game is finally coming out again.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I got the call from Gamestop. I can get this amazing game tomorrow first thing in the morning. Which is 10am EST. Can't wait.

Sora_N

Is there anyone that has tested if you can get villagers on your full version from people that just have the demo?

I got the 20 villagers from the demo. You won't be able to check/verify it in-game until about an hour in, but before you start the game you will be asked if you want to have the bonuses from the demo.

You also get the items from whatever tier you unlocked in the demo from quests.

Top Bottom