• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - The (Beautiful) Finale - Season 5 Part 2 - Sunday on AMC - OT3

Frost_Ace

Rewatching the minisodes on youtube.

The one with Badger and Walt always kills me:

"so your thinking was that I should have a lockpick...up my ass?"

LMAO.

y2dvd

BCgClHW.jpg

Bryan Cranston's first day directing.

Tell me this will be in the blu ray extras.

Blinck

Hey guys, so I started watching this show like 2 weeks ago, and been rampaging through it and I finally watched the finale just a minute ago and wanted to share my thoughts:

Absolutely loved the show. Amazing writing and acting all around.

For me, hands down, the best moment in the series was in the finale, when Walter finally admits to himself and Skyler that everything he did was for himself, and that he enjoyed it, and made him feel alive. It goes back to one of the first episodes (actually the first one I think) when he says to Jesse " I feel alive", just when they start their "business" together.

I just think it was so well delivered, and spoke the truth about the whole show and his character. Just amazing.

Great show, big props to the whole production and everyone that made it happen.

Frost_Ace

Rewatched Felina with my brother and well I liked it much more the second time, I still have problems with it but the scene with Jesse making the wooden box and the one with Walt and Skyler are some of the best of the series, Walt caressing Holly the last time shedding a single tear was also absolutely heartbreaking. The last shot was also perfect if it wasn't for the damn music (seriously stop putting shitty songs in series finales showrunners).

I thought the final song was PERFECT.
I hated it. Its lyrics were too on the nose, not to mention that the tone of the song was entirely inappropriate. It took me out of the moment.

I would have preferred Love Reign Over Me by The Who. Would've been legendary :-(

By the way, who do you think drew the shortest straw out of the remaining (alive) characters? Skyler got some closure, as will Marie when they exhume Hank's body I guess. Flynn has it bad though - he'll never know the complete truth of what happened (i.e. Walt didn't actually kill Hank).

I most feel sorry for Brock and Drew Sharp's parents, though. They'll never have even an inkling of explanation of the tragedies that befell them. I doubt Jesse's going back to ABQ anytime soon (even to see Brock), and the Nazis likely destroyed Jesse's confession tape, so any trace of Drew's murder is gone.

So much collateral damage, bygawd.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just finished watching the show. Loved it.

It's pretty telling of how rotten many characters of the show are when Saul Goodman feels like the most upright of them all. Nobody likes this type of character in a show usually, but Saul just works somehow.

Frost_Ace

Just finished watching the show. Loved it.

It's pretty telling of how rotten many characters of the show are when Saul Goodman feels like the most upright of them all. Nobody likes this type of character in a show usually, but Saul just works somehow.

When Jesse beat him it was actually the first time I was legitimely angry at him, I was like leave Saul alone lol.

Fezan

Marathoned the show. Liked it. but still feel strange about Jesse and Walter relation ship. Also Jesse was the real problem and main villain.

Also after watching some gifs i thought Walter would become some big drug lord

Triton55

Marathoned the show. Liked it. but still feel strange about Jesse and Walter relation ship. Also Jesse was the real problem and main villain.

What? Did you watch the right show?

Mistle

Somebody on Reddit posted the final two pages from the final script, and wow, they're written so well. Give a lot of extra context/emotion also. Hopefully somebody uploads the entire script (as apparently its currently exhibited for public viewing or something like that)

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes. You don't rat out a man who have saved you like 3 4 times. Putting him in rehab. Fighting Gus for a partner and finally giving own life for the person who was just supposed to be a partner cook.

If you see Jesse as the problem and not Walt, then I really don't know what to tell you. Sure, Jesse had some issues and caused some of the problems, but most could have been largely avoided if it weren't for Walt's pride.

I assume I'm just being trolled though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

eh? lol no.

Two things:

1. Happy Halloween

kuQBXKZ.png

2. My school is having Vince Gilligan come in and speak. I don't know what to ask him. I'm also hyperventilating

BX7XjM5IcAAVSiP.jpg:large

Top Bottom