• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking down real world chances for GTA5 on Switch

crash-14

I don't see any reason from a financial point of view to support this.

What we're discussing here it's to port a 4 years old game that has already sell 75M copies. Which means that certainly the bast majority that was interested in the game, already play it on hardware that's more establish than the new Nintendo device, the predecessor of which made hardly 10M units around the world and certainly there's a big % of people that had other of the platforms where GTA 5 has been released. So at best you're aiming towards let's say 5M that only had a Wii U, someone that didn't find a reason to buy any of the other devices, not even your game. So you rely on people that will buy the switch and already have one of those hardware where the game is out (People that most likely have it already).

Don't know how much a port could cost. but I don't see enough profit to them care about it.

True Fire

GTA5 would probably sell millions of copies on Switch. Look at SF4's sales on 3DS. Nintendo fans love to buy anything during the launch window as proof that the console haz gaemz.

But it's not happening.

JMY86

There is zero chance of this happening. Rockstar has no reason whatsoever to invest any time or money into porting GTA V to the Switch. I think they are 100% focused on RDR 2 and GTA VI. The Switch is a huge unknown and I think most third parties are waiting to see if this thing actually sells.

KAL2006

Banned
I don't see any reason from a financial point of view to support this.

What we're discussing here it's to port a 4 years old game that has already sell 75M copies. Which means that certainly the bast majority that was interested in the game, already play it on hardware that's more establish than the new Nintendo device, the predecessor of which made hardly 10M units around the world and certainly there's a big % of people that had other of the platforms where GTA 5 has been released. So at best you're aiming towards let's say 5M that only had a Wii U, someone that didn't find a reason to buy any of the other devices, not even your game. So you rely on people that will buy the switch and already have one of those hardware where the game is out (People that most likely have it already).

Don't know how much a port could cost. but I don't see enough profit to them care about it.

But they don't have to make the same exact game.

Maybe GTAV San Andreas Stories, featuring 3 new protagonists, that's shorter than the original.

It can be a multiplatform release, 360/PS3/Switch/PS4/XB1/PC

The Switch Version will have the advantage of having the original GTAV as part of the bundle as that didn't release on that before.

EDarkness

Witches 3 is the better question to me.

I would laugh so hard if CD Projekt Red worked on a Nintendo anything. I just can't see it happening. Not that the game can't run on the NS, but they have never really done anything on any Nintendo hardware and I doubt very seriously that they'll start with the NS. I'd be totally shocked if they did, though. Not gonna happen. I would definitely pick up The Witcher 3 on the NS, though.

You have a much better chance of seeing GTA V on the NS. Can it be ported? Definitely. Will they do it? Good question. I hope they do.

gafneo

Banned
I think the chances are very high. Rockstar made all their games available again for the sake of mobile. Switch is the next entry point to take V on the go. No other platform has the capability to launch V so Switch is their opportunity at R* to get the game running on mobile specs.

Seik

Banned
It's doable, if they did it on 360/PS3 it is definitely possible on the Switch.

The question is if R* will give it development time or not, which I think the answer is no, but hey, everything can happen!

opricnik

Banned
Let's put it this way, WiiU was already a tiny bit stronger than PS360, Switch has even more power than WiiU. So yeah, it can easily run it.

I don't think this will happen tho.

Also Zelda has a lot going on with its physics system.
Power is nof a cumualtive level. Wii U cpu should have better ghz despite being old architecture ,what he said are totally valid but im not sure if you are replying to him

HeelPower

Switch is a Nintendo, indie game, and japanese third party portable game machine.

Abandon hope all ye who expect the big western (and even quite a few japanese) console games. This couldn't be any clearer.

Even Big Japanese games are unlikely.

Where is FF?Where is RE ?

Seriously.

Real-ass GTA5 on the go can happen now on the Switch. They would be fools not to do it.

And Nintendo should beg them for it. They're selling the "AAA gaming on the go" concept. They need titles like this to help make the case.

Now all we gotta do is wait for E3. These non believers will be shocked when it gets announced >:)

Top Bottom