• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING! Sony's studio for securing ports: We are working on securing ports!

Castef

Banned
"Breaking"

ku-xlarge.gif

Mondy

Banned
This is truly SEGA: The thread. They are going to get the shits hard at Sony demanding Shenmue and Yakuza incessantly.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
No seriously, what is going on with the thread title?

Having a department for securing ports is interesting if it gets them games that would otherwise never come to Playstation platforms.
I don't think the mod that changed the thread title has an issue with having a department for securing ports.

But that department's job is to secure ports and localizations. We already had the announcement that they were formed, this is just an announcement of an announcement of the results of their first year efforts.

Announcement of announcements are dumb.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Having a department for securing ports is interesting if it gets them games that would otherwise never come to Playstation platforms.

It's not that interesting because it is the default assumption that every platform holder is making an ongoing effort to secure 3rd party content. Well, besides Nintendo.

Mondy

Banned
While we're making unreasonable demands that Sony may never be able to uphold, how about an HD port of Dragon Quest VIII with trophies to PS4 and Vita?

You mean VIII right? It was the far better game.

Yes I did, thank you. Sleep deprivation is a killer, folks. Don't drive.

This reminds me a lot of a Nintendo announcement last year that was pretty much saying the same stuff (That eventually resulted in Bravely Default getting released outside Japan). Unsurprisingly though, the reactions from some are very different to what they were there.

Regardless, interested to see what results from this team's work.

It's not that interesting because it is the default assumption that every platform holder is making an ongoing effort to secure 3rd party content. Well, besides Nintendo.

Well, Gio Corsi's role is slightly different, but contextually you're not wrong either.

The issue about his role is that he can spend months trying to bring Type-0 and Yakuza 5 over, and if SE/GA says 'no, never', there's nothing he can do about it.

His role is obviously tailored towards bridging a gap that would otherwise never be filled in any other circumstances.

Borderlands 2 for Vita wouldn't had happened if not because of this, probably. I'm sure Gio Corsi tried to negotiate for more valuble games, but not all publishers are necessarily okay with it.

Liamario

Banned
So, could they technically port Titanfall themselves- not that this would happen. Just curious as to what precisely we can expect to see from this group.

Well, I for one am pretty excited to see what comes out of this.
Yakuza 5, Type-0, the more recent Legend of Heroes games... more Vita goodness in particular would be appreciated.

Hopelessness Springs Eternal for some good localizations clueless, hapless 3rd party publishers didn't localize getting the treatment, but...Hoplessness Springs Eternal.

MSMrRound

because Gio Corsi's department isn't something new. Most of us already knew about it since they announced it last year.

Again, much like Shahid's much teased about #jrpgvita, I'll remain skeptical till Shahid and Gio finally roll the goods out.

Toad.T

Banned
I sort of feel hyped for stuff like this, but then I realize I'm not in the majority, so my cries of wanting a new Parodius/Metal Slug/whatever will be drowned out by folks yelling for things like Bioshock Infinite Vita or whatever.

I don't think the mod that changed the thread title has an issue with having a department for securing ports.

But that department's job is to secure ports and localizations. We already had the announcement that they were formed, this is just an announcement of an announcement of the results of their first year efforts.

Announcement of announcements are dumb.
Not only that, but it's for Sony developed games in IPs owned by third party publishers. If BioShock Vita were ever to happen it would be these guys who secured it.

Mondy

Banned
This could actually turn out to be a big deal for Sony. Games by request has always been a risky proposition for publishers but to give a platform to indie developers with modest to adequate budgets to show off what they can do? Imagine what could be achieved.

EhoaVash

hmm sony going that extra mile to save vita i guess but why else are they doing this when sony has all the 3rd party support lulz. If this was Nintendo, it would of been newsworthy since they has none

Moobabe

hmm sony going that extra mile to save vita i guess but why else are they doing this when sony has all the 3rd party support lulz. If this was Nintendo, it would of been newsworthy since they has none

It's not just for Vita is it? I was under the impression this was across all playstation platforms?

Top Bottom