• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING! Sony's studio for securing ports: We are working on securing ports!

NyMartin

Banned
Please Sony bring this to the US!! Please!
FMDx2a1.jpg
afMlDF0.jpg

m0X0meI.jpg

Valve needs to set up a similar operation.

Agree 100%.
I admire what Sony is doing and in the same time I could cry when I look at the situation we have on PC. This is something PC gaming is in dire need of. We missed out on so many great games because we're at the mercy of each publisher's moody decisions. I wish we had an equivalent of something like this.

liquidtmd

Banned
Imagine the guy who actually has to collate these requests

I've got this image of the gawky teenager guy from the Simpsons in his exact voice in my head: "Errrrm sir - GAF are at it agaiyyyn. Shenmue 3 is all we've got. And FF0"

*Takes that day and rest of year off on sick after the stress of mere days of people perpetually Andy DuFrense'ing the shit of him about Ryo*

swit

I don't use twitter. Hopefully these guys visits neogaf. My wish list for Vita:

Square Enix:
Final Fantasy Type-0 Vita (PSP)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Final Fantasy V, VI (iOS)

Capcom:
Phoenix Wright Trilogy (iOS)

Sega:
Shenmue 1 & 2 (DC) - dual audio or keep Japanese one + subtitles.

Take-Two:
Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, San Andreas (iOS)
Max Paine 1 (iOS)

Blizzard:
StarCraft 1 (PC)

Indies:
Super Meat Boy (PC)
FTL (PC)

Overhaul Studios:
Baldur's Gate EE (Android)

Well I have every day I remember. Begging for:

-HD Collection
-Y5
-Ishin

I want to play the entire series, Sega!

Good! But i feel that the window of oportunity is quite short for Yakuza, Ishin would've been THE perfect candidate for a first localization: PS4 just launched and there is a gaming drought that could've been filled with it.

If they do it, I hope it'll come out this summer at the latest, if not it'll bomb hard and Yakuza will be forever dead in the west.

Suero_D

Neo Member
Guys don't hurt me buuut I want Skyrim with the Hi-Res Dlc that was only for PC, on my PS4. Other than that I want Yakuza Ishin, Crash, PSO2, and um a Steam in-home streaming app! That would be wonderful!

Cornbread78

So, about that Vita Type-0.....

So many wants, not enough space..

How about more PS2 jrpg HD upgrades, with trophies for Vita?

Please.... I'm ok with the Vita being a port machine if it gets those games..

Takao

Banned
Not so much interested in Japanese games outside of Type-0 for Vita, but if this could help PC exclusives like Cube World and Starbound end up on Vita/PS4, I'd be all for it.

Starbound is already coming to Vita/PS4.

Sony set-up a team to convince first party studios to release games on their own console.

if that's an initiative targeted at Vita, I can see their pleas falling upon deaf ears

This is interesting. We'll see what actually comes of it. This is really something Nintendo should have done, although perhaps they couldn't promise the types of sales a third party would be looking for.

sajj316

I think that's great and all but I'd like to see something first before making recommendations ..

Maybe I missed this but has there been one announced title that has been secured by this team?

I think that's great and all but I'd like to see something first before making recommendations ..

Maybe I missed this but has there been one announced title that has been secured by this team?

Borderlands 2 Vita.

I would have loved to see the giant list with requests, but i dont blame Sony for not showing it, because it would only lead to dissapointment when 1 of the most requested games doesnt get ported.

sajj316

Borderlands 2 Vita.

I would have loved to see the giant list with requests, but i dont blame Sony for not showing it, because it would only lead to dissapointment when 1 of the most requested games doesnt get ported.

Didn't know that. I thought Borderlands 2 was announced before the formal creation of this team. It's possible this team was created after the success of third party negotiations with Gearbox/2K.

boingball

This news has me hyped. Though I hope the title doesn't indicate the main focus of the mission. (I.e. bring Minecraft to the PS4). Bringing over Yakuza 4 and 5 and Type-0 is not really a porting issue, more of a localization and marketing issue. And that crazy Shenmue talk. That is a new project... Why not throw in Crash as well? Crash is more likely than Shenmue, but still improbable.

Top Bottom