• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING! Sony's studio for securing ports: We are working on securing ports!

Zukuu

Banned
This is the best thing since first party exclusive studios.

Use it to bring over some jap-only titles like Yakuza 5.

Steroyd

hmm sony going that extra mile to save vita i guess but why else are they doing this when sony has all the 3rd party support lulz. If this was Nintendo, it would of been newsworthy since they has none

There are games that will never make it over seas like "Yakuza" or "I thought this was a harem paradise but it was Yandere Hell".

You hear that Sony? Port ITTWAHPBIWYH please.

iGsFzh4s26oei.gif

Believe.

Yup - this pretty much confirms it - Shenmue is on the way to PS4!!!!!!

F4r0_Atak

Hell yes, more ports on Vita. Just what it needed.

I know it needs original content and I agree with you at 200%, but right now original content, no matter how good or fun they are (Tearaway/Soul Sacrifice/Toukiden/Gravity Rush), is not what sells the system unfortunately, at least for most people.

The main reasons are most likely to be able to Play-on-the-go, to use Cross-saves (for some games, ie Dragon's Crown), the evident ports available and requested (Persona 4, Monster Hunter, Type-0, Crisis Core, Dissidia, etc) and the remote-play on the PS4. Those are the main incentives (now) for people to buy it (or to try it).

As much as I want to see more original content (especially as good as Tearaway), we need to show the publishers the value of the Vita. The more we become, the easier it will be to request games.

Games I want to see on the Vita:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix (with cross-saves)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix (with cross-saves)
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
God Hand
Viewtiful Joe Collection
DMC (original content or spin-off)
Onimusha Collection (1-3 + Dawn of Dreams)
Okami (with cross-saves)

jimmypython

Ports:
Vita: Demon's Souls Gold, Dark Souls Gold, FFXII ZJS HD, KH1.5+2.5+3D HD; PS4: Dark Souls 2, FFXII ZJS HD

New games: Demon's Souls 2 (PS4/Vita)

Yeah I have been excited about the potential of this team since the moment they were announced. I mean it is an entire team dedicated to helping third party teams port games over to Sony hardware, either financially or whatever.

My wishlist as of now would be ..

Star Citizen
Phantasy Star Online
Puzzle and Dragons : Battle Tournament : Vita
Yakuza 5
Monster Hunter 4

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
PSO2. Please.

PSO2 and Type-0 are the only things I want!

Make PSO2 in the west happen pls.

Man PSO f2p PS4 and we get the vita version cross compatible with PC *Drools*

I'm a PC gamer and I currently don't have any plans to buy a PS4, but I'll tell you right now, if PSO2 comes to the PS4 in the USA, and it's a decent port, hell I'd have to have a SERIOUS talk with the girlfriend about me plunking down the $450 for that. I spent more hours with the good old DC game than I'd ever admit. Seriously, it's an embarrassing amount of time. A lot of that was with the GAF crowd too.

PSO2 for the PS4? I'd cave and buy a PS4 for that.

Not so much interested in Japanese games outside of Type-0 for Vita, but if this could help PC exclusives like Cube World and Starbound end up on Vita/PS4, I'd be all for it.

RPGamer92

Banned
Type-0
Monster Hunter Potable 3
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD
Persona 5
Tales of Symphonia HD
Shenmue 1+2
All on my Vita. Do it Sony

I really hope this group somehow manages to get more JRPG's and SRPG's over in North America through this group. I don't care if they are download titles only or not. I'll be sure to support their efforts with my wallet whatever they do. It sounds like a whole division devoted to the niche tastes of gamers like those found at NEOGAF.

Labadal

Cool. Give me the two missing Yakuza games on PS3 and Ishin for PS4. Give me all those legend of heroes games that have no western releases. That is all.

Yakuza 5 and The Shenmue HD Collection are the obvious nominations here, and then when TSHDC is the gargantuan success it was always destined to be, Shenmue III is greenlit for the PS4. Everybody's happy.

TyrantII

Everyone knows capcom is hurting for cash.

Seems they have a good relationship with Sony and the ICE team. (Deep down/p rae engine)

Sony, make a exclusive Resident Evil 2/3 Remake happen! Like NOW!

Top Bottom