• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING! Sony's studio for securing ports: We are working on securing ports!

This studio is considered a failure until they get a new monster hunter on vita.

Monster Hunter Frontier G is coming to the Vita. That's probably about as close as you're going to get to the mainline games. Something to keep in mind is that both sides have to agree on this. The studio/publisher/developer that originally created the game has to be okay with it, and Sony has to be willing to put things in place to make sure it happens. I'm certain that Sony would want MH on the Vita, but that really isn't their choice.

This studio is considered a failure until they get a new monster hunter on vita.
Do people really want MH to play, or just to use in list wars on forums.
I also suspect that there's quite a bit of inertia on the part of the big Japanese publishers to let their property be handled by an outside party.

Another indie PC project I'll like to come to consoles (preferably Vita if possible) is Banner Saga.

Takao

Banned
Ever positive - why just in the US? Why just this year? Why not worldwide? Because it's easier to be so fucking miserable all the time if you use a small group because it proves you "right"?

I chose the US because I don't know if SCE is publishing BL2 Vita internationally. The year stemmed from the fact that Borderlands 2 is kind of an old game. It's not old enough to be nostalgic for, but old enough to be in the clearance bins. I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of demand for that game in 2014 on any platform, never mind one that has a greatly diminished retail presence and a small user base.

Which games? F2P garbage doesn't count

Presumably he's referring to Monster Hunter Frontier G and the already released Dustforce.

Monster Hunter Frontier G is coming to the Vita. That's probably about as close as you're going to get to the mainline games. Something to keep in mind is that both sides have to agree on this. The studio/publisher/developer that originally created the game has to be okay with it, and Sony has to be willing to put things in place to make sure it happens. I'm certain that Sony would want MH on the Vita, but that really isn't their choice.

It's Capcom. If Sony sent enough money to them Monster Hunter would probably have never seen a Nintendo platform. Yoshida's comments about MH pretty much confirmed that Sony isn't interested in paying them.

Melchiah

This gets me pretty hyped. Just the idea of establishing a studio for porting/localization of old titles is exciting. Lots of stuff I would like to see. Hopefully they read GAF. Region is EU.

HD:

Shadow Hearts Collection
Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1&2 Collection
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou vs. King Abaddon
God Hand
Maximo 1&2 Collection
Onimusha Collection
Resident Evil Remake (unless it's tied to an exclusivity deal)
Resident Evil Zero (same as above)
Viewtiful Joe 1&2 Collection
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Collection (3, 4 and 5)
SSX Collection (1, Tricky, and 3)

Localization:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (PS2)
Jeanne D'arc
Okage: Shadow King
Shadow Hearts: Covenant: Director's Cut
Suikoden 3
Suikoden 1&2 (the PSP one)
The Last Blade 1&2 / Bakumatsu Roman 1&2 (PS2)
Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

Port:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Assault Android Cactus
Bayonetta (PS4; Vita)
Bleed
Broken Age
Bulletstorm (PS4; Vita)
Contact (the DS one; unless it's tied to an exclusivity deal)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS4; Vita)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS4; Vita; based on PC version)
DmC: Devil May Cry (PS4; Vita)
Journey (PS4)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS4; Based on PC version)
RainBlood Chronicles: Mirage
Risk of Rain (PS3; PS4)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Skullgirls (PS4)
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
System Shock 2
The World Ends With You (unless it's tied to an exclusivity deal)
Thief: The Dark Project
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Vanquish (PS4; Vita)
Xenosaga 1 & 2

Release on Sony console when completed:

Aces Wild : Manic Brawling Action!
BroForce
Dudebro: My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Malebolgia
Pillars of Eternity
Super Time Squad
Torment: Tides of Numenera

All I can think of atm. Just one of these will make me happy. No, I'm not crazy.

Good list. I support the Amnesia ports, and HD versions of Resident Evil & SSX.

This gets me pretty hyped. Just the idea of establishing a studio for porting/localization of old titles is exciting. Lots of stuff I would like to see. Hopefully they read GAF. Region is EU.

Port:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Assault Android Cactus
Bayonetta (PS4; Vita)
Bleed
Broken Age
Bulletstorm (PS4; Vita)
Contact (the DS one; unless it's tied to an exclusivity deal)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS4; Vita)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS4; Vita; based on PC version)
DmC: Devil May Cry (PS4; Vita)
Journey (PS4)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS4; Based on PC version)
RainBlood Chronicles: Mirage
Risk of Rain (PS3; PS4)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Skullgirls (PS4)
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
System Shock 2
The World Ends With You (unless it's tied to an exclusivity deal)
Thief: The Dark Project
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Vanquish (PS4; Vita)
Xenosaga 1 & 2

All I can think of atm. Just one of these will make me happy. No, I'm not crazy.

Assault Android Cactus was already been announced for Ps4 and Vita last year. So there's your one to make you happy.

sublimit

Banned
Do people really want MH to play, or just to use in list wars on forums.

Regardless if someone is a fan of MH or not it makes sense to see people wishing for it because they hope its mainstream appeal will finally "unlock the gates" for more games to be developed for Vita especially from Japanese developers.By securing MH Nintendo made the smartest move possible in order to block the development of Japanese games for Vita.

Then again if the success of your platform (PSP/Vita) depends mainly on the whims of a third party publisher then you're doing something very very wrong.

Drac84

Vita (EU) Wishlist:

Morrowind
Resident Evil 2
FF XII
Baldur's Gate II
Shenmu I & II (never owned a Dreamcast, want to know what the fuss is all about)
Silent Hill Collection
Ico
Gunpoint
Grandia
GTA San Andreas
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Maximo
Lucas Arts Adventure Collection
SWAT (think it would lend itself well to the Vita)
Diablo III
Dragon Quest 8
Tenchu
Tony Hawk/Skate
Gran Turismo
KOTOR I & II
Longest Journey/Dreamfall
Planescape Torment
Suikoden I & II
a new Harvest Moon

and mother flippin' Hearthstone.

Ravage

There's so much stuff i want it would be impossible to list them all...

But more than anything, please gimme

Final Fantasy Type-0
Yakuza 5
God Eater 2
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

AmanoBuff

I hope the guy really delivers the goods soon.

Crisis Core HD + FF Type-0 HD for Vita, the Tabata Master Collection. Do it!

Also FFXII HD packed with FF Tactics HD while you are at it SQEX.

And Skies of Arcadia HD for PS4 and Vita please?

AwRy108

It's prolly been said countless times already, but, heck, here goes: PLEASE BRING PSO2 TO ENGLISH SPEAKING TERRITORIES. Game is already finished, as is the English dialog thanks to a dedicated community of PC players.

sirap

Excuse me? MH is one of my favorite franchises. I would buy a Vita right now if they came out and said MH for the Vita is coming, and I already have a 3DS.

I bought a Vita at launch because of MH :(

Couldn't even get MHP3 on my Vita because it's not available on the US PSN store :/

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Probably a long shot due to Bizarre Creations being scattered to the winds, but if there is any way, any possible way to get a Geometry Wars 2 port on Vita, oh my god make it happen. Nothing could ever be more perfect a pairing.

Presumably he's referring to Monster Hunter Frontier G and the already released Dustforce.

I was. Actually forgot about Dragon's Dogma Quest as well. Three games this year from them then?

Clearly they don't have even the slightest interest in the platform alright :/

LastNac

*Look at OP's status*

87107-Batman-sad-crying-shake-head-g-gasD.gif

I-hate-u

Grimløck;102166349 said:
did he get permad? i figured it'd be the usual one-week hiatus.

Self requested ban :(

OT: Seems this division only is responsible for ports/remakes/bringing games overseas. I don't know why folks here are suggesting them to look at games that don't exist.

Folk lore was a magnificent game that was.seriously overlooked at a time when the PS3 wasn't popular. The franchise deserves a chance to live again on the PS4.

Also, the fact that there has not been a new DarkCloud game since the PS2 is goddamned ridiculous.

Fix this shit Sony!

Edit: a 1080p 60fps heavenly sword would be amazing.

Folk lore was a magnificent game that was.seriously overlooked at a time when the PS3 wasn't popular. The franchise deserves a chance to live again on the PS4.

Also, the fact that there has not been a new DarkCloud game since the PS2 is goddamned ridiculous.

Fix this shit Sony!

It still hurts that the dev is dead. Love Folklore so much.

EMT0

Banned
If they're reading threads, I'd really like ports of the PS2 era SMT games. Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2, Raidou 1 + 2, all on my Vita. Hng.

Maligna

Banned
Yeah, I'd love to be able to play this on the Vita. Along with the original as well. Some sort of Power Stone collection. That would be awesome!

You realize there's already a Power Stone collection you can download on your Vita right? Check the PSP section on the PSN store.

ramuh

Isn't this for more for localization efforts for games that normally wouldn't be released in other regions? I thought the PS Now is suppose to allow the back catalog of game previously released in the region.

If were just throwing names in the ring, my vote would be for every PS2 rpg....ever.

Unlimited SaGa. Wild Arms 3. .hack games.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Isn't this for more for localization efforts for games that normally wouldn't be released in other regions? I thought the PS Now is suppose to allow the back catalog of game previously released in the region.

If were just throwing names in the ring, my vote would be for every PS2 rpg....ever.

Unlimited SaGa. Wild Arms 3. .hack games.
I still have the .hack// PS2 games on disc. Holding out for that sweet PS1-PS2 emulation, as rumoured to accompany PlayStation Now.

RedSwirl

To the people asking for HD PS2 games, it would probably be much more efficient if Sony got that HD emulation working they were rumored to be doing. If that turns out to be true, Sony could literally just dump PS1 and PS2 ISOs on PSN and have them running in 1080p (it would have to be tweaked on a game-to-game basis though). It's even technically possible to have that work for original disc versions of games.

They should focus more on the localization of games that never arrived, than the porting of old games if you ask me.

The two Vita Tales games, Yakuza 5/Ishin, Final Fantasy Type-0, Chronos Materia, the Vita remakes of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, etc. I care far more about those than some PS2 HD collections, and new content sends a better message for the system than repackaged old content. I don't have the sales data to back that up, I'm probably wrong.

I have a Google Docs... doc filled with games I will gladly, GLADLY purchase should they choose to come over. Make my dreams come true, Sony.

wilflare

They should focus more on the localization of games that never arrived, than the porting of old games if you ask me.

The two Vita Tales games, Yakuza 5/Ishin, Final Fantasy Type-0, Chronos Materia, the Vita remakes of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, etc. I care far more about those than some PS2 HD collections, and new content sends a better message for the system than repackaged old content. I don't have the sales data to back that up, I'm probably wrong.

I have a Google Docs... doc filled with games I will gladly, GLADLY purchase should they choose to come over. Make my dreams come true, Sony.

share that Google Doc
make it go VIRAL!

share that Google Doc
make it go VIRAL!

Yeah...... it ain't that big. Here, you can have it now!

Yakuza 5 (PS3)
Yakuza 1+2 HD Collection
Yakuza Ishin
Tales of Vesperia (PS3)

Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Ace Attorney Investigations 2

Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP/Vita)
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Tales of Hearts R (Vita)
Tales of Innocence R (Vita)
Chronos Materia (Vita)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (Vita)
Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 (Vita)
Hyper Goddess Faith Noire: Extreme God Black Heart (Vita)
Dangangronpa: Another Episode
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Phantasy Star Nova
God Eater 2
Gravity Rush 2

I can actually scratch off my desire for the Yakuza 1+2 HD collection since I just buckled down and got the originals on PS2 this week. Also I know Tales of Vesperia came out on the Xbox 360 but I don't have one and it's the only game I want to play on that system so it's so not worth purchasing it, and it came out on the PS3 in Japan but not in the US!

Teletraan1

Banned
Persona 5. Have Sony handle the PS4 port if they are too small or whatever million other excuses people can come up for why this is only on PS3 at this point. I have moved on from last Gen.

Top Bottom