• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the end of labour. They have properly shit the bed, as they are saying on the BBC they lost scotland, who have voted from them for a century, and now they are losing the working class of england, who they claim to represent.

A UKIP bloodbath in Labour's heartlands is a very real prospect.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's actually what a lot of poor people are feeling across the globe in all of the major continents.

Tonight it's manifesting in GB, but it's a world wide issue.
It is but this kind of thing will not improve things. Burning the whole thing down isn't going to fix a damn thing.

Kathian

Banned
And who are influenced by unrealistic, nostalgic, rose tinted memories of the the pre-EU glory days of their youth/childhood.

Brexiters talking about "why did they die in the last war"/German domination and the British soul whilst ignoring part of said soul.

Floody

If UK out of europe is allowed i demand a referendem on Liverpool leaving England. Fuck this shit show. Im not English im SCOUSE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Are we currently the only ones in the NW who have voted remain? Manchester we need to put our differences aside and beat the rest of these fuckers!

So if the UK leaves, is the EU dead?
not immediately but it'll be wounded and the Danish are as euroscepitcal as the UK and there are others clamouring for their own 'exit', once the smell of blood is in the air the EU may quickly go from wounded to very, very dead.

As long as NATO and the UN remain unscathed though I'm hoping we (europe) will be fine in the long run, though it'll likely be pretty rocky in the short term.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Would be interesting if Scotland voted for independence again and voted to stay in

Hilarious tbh

Limmy is Scotland and the two gobshites are the rest of the U.K. Right now

limmy-s-show-peaces-cream-o.gif

darkwing

based on the data, looks like Leave is going to win it narrowly, like 51%/52% what happens next? US stocks would be interesting when they open in several hours

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Practically speaking, the only declarations for Remain in non-London england have been Liverpool and Oxford.

London is keeping strong showings with >70% remain and >70% turnouts, but unless there's some turning in outer england, it's not going to be enough - not by a long shot.

I think it's more likely the whole financial market in the UK relocates to continental Europe.
UK imports more from EU than they export. The UK currency will be weaker, but I'm not sure they'll be buying their food from China. For example, UK will probably overfish until their stocks are depleted.

jm89

It's looking like london may not be enough to fight off the sheer number of leave votes from other places in england.

Going to sleep now and hoping for a miracle for remain.

Good god, no. The whole EU will watch how the UK goes up in flames. Their economy will be hit hard, Scotland will leave the UK... The EU will come out stronger than before out of this. Nobody will want to experience what the UK will in the next months and years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom