• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's feels like something out a greek tragedy that Cameron of all people is the one who is going to make Scotland leave the union and destroy the City as a financial hub.

I remember him saying if Scotland left last referendum that it would haunt him and tarnish his legacy

Oh dear

pigeon

Banned
Probably not, because UK wasn't 100% in the EU in the first place, and will likely rebuild all the essential trade deals before making their leave official, making things economically similar between the EU and UK.

If Germany or France left, the EU would be in way more danger.

Nobody has any incentive to make it easy for the UK to leave the EU. I doubt anybody will negotiate any trade deals for a while.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
300k lead. It's gone.

Can someone link me to info that has clear ramifications on the economy if brexit happens?
Talking to someone who denies it would be bad for the economy

GBP losing 8% in six hours should be a pretty clear picture.

Don't listen to all the fear. Honestly no one has any idea what will happen. The one thing that seems certain is that nothing will change for a while - leaving the EU doesn't happen overnight, it will take years for things to settle.

If you need help, we're here for you!
I wish I could give your post a thumbs up :3

maxresdefault.jpg

So I hear your racist now UK.

What show is this from?

antonz

Sorry but this Trump crap is a bit silly, nothing to do with UK politics and what went down in the 70s and 80s, unions, strikes, fishing and the overriding feeling the EU was a mistake by large proportions during 80s by lots of classes.

There's also big democratic questions towards the EU that the US trump jokers wouldn't understand.

Trump comparisons are completely valid. You have a bunch of 1 foot in the grave types longing for the good old days of the British Empire when England kept its foot on the throat of all those pesky brown people.

You have polls showing large numbers of support for leave come from people who did not even finish school etc.,

Leave Campaign is 100% the typical Racist Republican style campaign of the US

Ash735

By stabbing themselves in the face?
Essentially, yes, if Remain wins, the North continue to get nothing and get ignored, if Leave wins, the North will be in the same position as they are now, just slightly worse, but London would be hit HARD.

Syder

Don't listen to all the fear. Honestly no one has any idea what will happen. The one thing that seems certain is that nothing will change for a while - leaving the EU doesn't happen overnight, it will take years for things to settle.

If you need help, we're here for you!
Co-signed.

There are a lot of people who will almost certainly lose their jobs though and that sucks.

Honestly, as someone struggling with severe depression, this kind of thing (which could impact me greatly) could be it. I don't know even know what to do.
Hey buddy. Don't worry too much. I have the same affliction. This will hurt the UK for sure, but even so, there's far worse places to be and situations to be in.

Scotland should really leave the UK and join up with us Scandinavians.
Sure! I went to Göteborg and Oslo last Sept. Had a great time! (yes, I know Norway are non-EU...I got cheap Lagavulin and The Botanist thanks to that!)

Lo-Volt

The Labour party is now working on the assumption that leave will win, a source tells The Guardian.

And Labour has as much to think about as the Conservatives do; areas that have heartily supported Labour outside of London (like Sunderland) are rushing for the exit even when the leadership is largely in favor of remaining in the EU (the shadow cabinet more than Corbyn, but a lot of the Labour heavies are Europhiles). How is Corbyn going to bridge this widening gap in the party?

Madness

Leave leading just keeps growing. Not looking good at all

Been saying it for pages now. I think it is obvious it will be a small Leave win around 51-52% by the end of vote count. Remain just does not have the numbers anymore the way these results have come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom