• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

banofypie

Banned
I don't have much wish to vote, because it won't really do much. That said, I might just vote Green in protest that my vote won't do anything.

AcridMeat

Banned
We're still stormy a bit this morrrrrrn so I've got Portishead going.

As for games of the year, I've been thinking about it more since I usually make a proper blog post about it on another site. I honestly don't know what the hell I played this year. I think the vast majority of Dark Souls was this year and about 50 more hours of Spelunky too.

Actually released this year all I can think of is Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare and Crossy Road. Skipped pretty much everything I was interested in this year, including Far Cry 4.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Bought the following today...

Once Upon A Time In America: Extended Director's Cut.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom for Vita (used).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry, OT / Bloggish post. Oh man. Titanfall might be the first PvP game I actually 'get'. My k/d is positive!! I swear my heart beats so fast playing this game.

I don't get these tumblr references. I went there once but it was too much like the future.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
also thanks to some drunk proxy-texting tonight i basically confirmed a rumour about a fur acquaintance going to a gay orgy lmao

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
more dark souls...

]Ok. So I killed the big skeletons in the graveyard and went down to the catacombs. Turns out that's not a place I want to go. So I went down to the New Londo Ruins and tried to cross the bridge. Turns out I'm not welcome there either. So I went through the garden and found a giant butterfly. Turns out we don't get along.

Hmmm. I feel completely stuck and lost. Which I guess is the point. I think I'll try that butterfly again. I reckon the White light means something is happening right. Right?!?! That's a rhetorical question. I'll figure it out. I hope.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You're still in a few places you ain't necessarily supposed to be yet but you'll figure it out. Plus it's good practice anyway and if you can rise to the challenge you can complete stuff in any sequence order you like.

bla bla fucking bla

I blasted some Snow Leopards with a machinegun in Far Cry 4, top that.

I also chased an eagle in a helicopter and killed it with my Skorpion in mid air, eat my shit.

Such a thing still exists?

I have seen private polling that says Nick Clegg is in trouble. Even Vince Cable's seat is moving towards the error margin.

Well, if one exists, Bristol West would probably be it - 20.5% majority last time around. Could they really lose it? Hmm, this probably belongs in UK poligaf.

In other news, I'm off to India today. Meeting my fiancee's parents for the first time which should be interesting. Back next week.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
more dark souls...

]Ok. So I killed the big skeletons in the graveyard and went down to the catacombs. Turns out that's not a place I want to go. So I went down to the New Londo Ruins and tried to cross the bridge. Turns out I'm not welcome there either. So I went through the garden and found a giant butterfly. Turns out we don't get along.

Hmmm. I feel completely stuck and lost. Which I guess is the point. I think I'll try that butterfly again. I reckon the White light means something is happening right. Right?!?! That's a rhetorical question. I'll figure it out. I hope.

Look at the item descriptions of the keys you have.

More than a clue:
There is one door in Undead Burg you've missed that will bridge a few of those areas together.

Oooo

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Spent most of last night being fairly violently and repeatedly puked upon by my little girl. Amidst the stench of regurgitated cheese and beans and caked in a paradoxical volume of vomit, I comforted and cleaned her (and her room), rocking her gently back to sleep.

Looking down on her dozing and pale little face, having dealt with the whole situation with (for me) an unprecedented about of calm and efficiency, I actually felt like a proper 'dad' for the first time in 15 months.

When she's older, years from now, I'd like to think that she'll half remember this moment like some weird fever dream, and come up to me one day and say: "I'll reimburse you for that wicked-cool T-Shirt, Dad."

Sorry, OT / Bloggish post. Oh man. Titanfall might be the first PvP game I actually 'get'. My k/d is positive!! I swear my heart beats so fast playing this game.

I don't get these tumblr references. I went there once but it was too much like the future.

Titanfall is pure gaming adrenaline. You're playing on the 360? It is a shame as we could team up (I am on PC).

This and Hawken are my two favourite online games; the problem is they have both died a death with very low numbers on the PC. It seems to be a curse of big robots. I can't speak of Mech Warrior as I have never played it.

Symphonia

Banned
Spent most of last night being fairly violently and repeatedly puked upon by my little girl. Amidst the stench of regurgitated cheese and beans and caked in a paradoxical volume of vomit, I comforted and cleaned her (and her room), rocking her gently back to sleep.

Looking down on her dozing and pale little face, having dealt with the whole situation with (for me) an unprecedented about of calm and efficiency, I actually felt like a proper 'dad' for the first time in 15 months.

When she's older, years from now, I'd like to think that she'll half remember this moment like some weird fever dream, and come up to me one day and say: "I'll reimburse you for that wicked-cool T-Shirt, Dad."
I had no idea you were a dad, Meat. From the sounds of it, you're doing a great job at being the best dad you can be. With your taste in music and games, I have every belief she's gonna have a great childhood. Just remember to savour every moment with her, pal. She won't stay little for long. The first years are the best, in my opinion, including waking up at 2am to see to her. You just know it will be worth it to see her happy.

I had a similar moment when my little girl was a baby. It really is a surreal moment, looking down upon her, knowing she's your child and you helped bring her into this world. I'd give anything to go back in time and relive that first year, and stop me fucking up. Falling asleep with her in my arms, comfortable and content, is truly one of the best moments of my life.

Seems yesterday was a good day for kids puking. One of my nephews just started randomly throwing up out of no-where and the same with a friend's kid. Christmas spirit!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea you were a dad, Meat. From the sounds of it, you're doing a great job at being the best dad you can be. With your taste in music and games, I have every belief she's gonna have a great childhood.

Her cot mobile only plays Merzbow and Zeni Geva. :)

Falling asleep with her in my arms, comfortable and content, is truly one of the best moments of my life.

Absolutely. Not something I would've imagined even 2 years ago.

Symphonia

Banned
Absolutely. Not something I would've imagined even 2 years ago.
It only truly sunk in I was going to be a dad in the eight month of pregnancy. Right up until her birth, I just couldn't fathom being a father to a baby girl. But holding her for the first time, I fell in love.

Anyhoo, cats!

RfcMoux.jpg

jimbor

Banned
Wow at how shit this thread became in my absence. New blood spiced it up a bit temporarily but overall wtf.

This morning I'm enjoying the defensiveness of The Order fanboys in that Eurogamer thread. Press doesn't call out bullshit, they're corporate shills. Press airs some worries about a title 'They have an agenda'.

Too many funny.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Not to mention many of those criticisms were blindingly obvious from the moment it was first shown. It looks like a rubbish 'cinematic' game.

And saying don't preorder is advice that should be given at birth. It makes no sense.

Wow at how shit this thread became in my absence. New blood spiced it up a bit temporarily but overall wtf.

This morning I'm enjoying the defensiveness of The Order fanboys in that Eurogamer thread. Press doesn't call out bullshit, they're corporate shills. Press airs some worries about a title 'They have an agenda'.

Too many funny.

Please advise as to how we can spice things up. Preferably without a ban getting dished out for those partaking.

Yes The Order thread is a great morning's entertainment. The game never looked special, gameplay wise, in fact it looks dull beyond measure.

People seem to take gaming criticism to heart as though their nearest and dearest have been insulted. If the game is junk, it is junk. There are plenty more games to play and I am sure the quality of life for these people will not be pissed away if the game isn't that good.

The setting of the game could have leant itself to something interesting. Instead it looks like it holds your hand and is a slow and done-to-death third person shooter.

Please advise as to how we can spice things up. Preferably without a ban getting dished out for those partaking.

Yes The Order thread is a great morning's entertainment. The game never looked special, gameplay wise, in fact it looks dull beyond measure.

People seem to take gaming criticism to heart as though their nearest and dearest have been insulted. If the game is junk, it is junk. There are plenty more games to play and I am sure the quality of life for these people will not be pissed away if the game isn't that good.

The setting of the game could have leant itself to something interesting. Instead it looks like it holds your hand and is a slow and done-to-death third person shooter.

if you expected anything else from a modern action game then I fear you may have some kind of brain damage or learning difficulty. Like most of the fools who've been breathlessly hyping it for the last year. They've picked their thing and by golly they're going to champion it, quality regardless. Battle lines have been drawn.

I don't know what's more pathetic though - genuinely caring about a game that's you've not even played yet, or caring (one way or the other) about the coverage it's getting. Both are equally futile wastes of time LOL! Sometimes the gaming Internet makes me dispair for everyone involved in it.

I propose we talk about Eastenders, it's a far more productive and enlightening waste of time. Who killed Lucy Beale??

Mikeside

It's changed a fair bit in here.

Nice to see Cyanide isn't making up a bunch of stories to seem interesting and create drama this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom