• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

eBay. Or I think Retro Computing sometimes sells stuff. There's probably a forum for it somewhere too (I only know of one for BBC/Acorn stuff though).

Cheers Danj, already checked eBay but will try retro site.

So I missed the monthly "metal is shit" talk? Boo. I love metal, always have always will, but it's ok if you guys don't like it, variety is the spice of life right? Although does this mean none of you will come and see my new band when we start gigging?

Mikeside

So I missed the monthly "metal is shit" talk? Boo. I love metal, always have always will, but it's ok if you guys don't like it, variety is the spice of life right? Although does this mean none of you will come and see my new band when we start gigging?

I'll try, for you, but I really hate most metal :(

I like old metal, your Maidens and Dios and what have you, and new metal that tries really badly to sound like old metal, like The Sword

IDK, like hip-hop, I'm real picky about that kind of stuff. Way more of a punk kind of person.

Qasiel

You know I'll be there, dude. Bring Haribo again.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've seen non Brits get shooed out of BritGAF, so I'd imagine for some communities it's more aimed towards specific users, which is fair enough.
You guys are monsters, look what you've done. Good thing I don't let it stop me from sharing my brilliance.

SmokyDave

Mornin' peeps. I was told there would be snow today. Lies.

Digging all the 8 bit computer love in here. Still got my C64, and a VIC-20 for good measure.

You guys are monsters, look what you've done. Good thing I don't let it stop me from sharing my brilliance.
You get a special dispensation for being a 'good egg'.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Bizarre. If anything we're more likely to turn on each other than so called 'foreigners'.

--

Taking a pile of Haloes and Mordor to Game today to trade in for #DRIVECLUB. I like Outrun and Mario Kart and I know that Ferrari is a make of car so I should be able to pick up and play, right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apparently we're the hardest community to get into. Maybe we should reflect that and put the name of a hard game in the title.

Volotaire

I haven't seen posters kicked out/not welcome here before. Perhaps it's because I don't post here as often as other posters here, but every time someone external has asked something about a subject I've tried to welcome them and respond. Moreover, you don't usually see many other posters here. However, perhaps I'm being ignorant to the reality of the culture here on BritGAF.

EDIT: It is surprising how many parallels this post has.

SmokyDave

We were hostile to some Johnny Foreigner or other a few years ago, and it got the thread locked temporarily. That was years ago though.
I say we, though I had no part in it. I'm the token anti-racist in the thread, trying to shepherd you bigots into the light.

I just woke up and there is no power. I'm not sure what to do, haha.

I checked the fuse box and it looks okay, and the guy over the road has his lights on so why do I have no power!

SteveWD40

Apparently we're the hardest community to get into. Maybe we should reflect that and put the name of a hard game in the title.

lol NOPE.

Try getting on with MMA Gaf without knowing all the in-jokes / meta shit.

They are nice guys, just meta as fuck. This thread has some off-line friends but as far as I see are very welcoming to new guys.

It suffers from the same problem a lot of community threads do, where the regulars refer to each other a lot by first names instead of user names so a newcomer finds it really difficult to follow and join in.

Dave is probably okay though.

Apparently there is power cut in the local area. Do I trust the internet and just sit here and wait and hope for the best?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It suffers from the same problem a lot of community threads do, where the regulars refer to each other a lot by first names instead of user names so a newcomer finds it really difficult to follow and join in.

Dave is probably okay though.

Apparently there is power cut in the local area. Do I trust the internet and just sit here and wait and hope for the best?

Yes. Just sit there and pray! Maybe sit outside? Take the opportunity to meditate on the futility of human desires.

-

I think we're a pretty friendly bunch. Maybe a bit sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, disablist, anti Semitic, xenophobic at times, but I think that all comes from Jimbor. Or Ninj. Or daps. But not Mike, Meat, 8bit or Coldman, they're pretty tolerant.

I just meta'd, didn't I? Fucksake!

Basically without meta / references I'd have nothing to say. Which wouldn't stop me posting. Muhahahahahababa

The power came back! Now it's gone again. It was on for about 30 seconds, sometimes that's long enough to do the daily challenge in Spelunky but I wasn't prepared.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
down with this sort of thing!

I saw your avatar last night wanting friends to play Dark Souls. I thought to myself "that's pretty clever. My PS4 struggles to send a text message. "

Also my new benchmark for all games is gonna be "yes. But is it as good as Lumines?" If the answer is no, I'll probably play it anyway.

I don't think Hashtag Driveclub will be as good as Lumines.

jimbor

Banned
Yes. Just sit there and pray! Maybe sit outside? Take the opportunity to meditate on the futility of human desires.

-

I think we're a pretty friendly bunch. Maybe a bit sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, disablist, anti Semitic, xenophobic at times, but I think that all comes from Jimbor. Or Ninj. Or daps. But not Mike, Meat, 8bit or Coldman, they're pretty tolerant.

I just meta'd, didn't I? Fucksake!

Basically without meta / references I'd have nothing to say. Which wouldn't stop me posting. Muhahahahahababa

What the hell is a semite and what the fuck does transphobic mean? Does it refer to tshirt transfers?

Slowdive

Banned
Page 3 isn't gone after all...

b76ly4yiiaaf_e0.jpg

the-sun.jpg

Top Bottom