• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What the hell is a semite and what the fuck does transphobic mean? Does it refer to tshirt transfers?

I think a Semite is one of those fruits you find in the weird part of the supermarket.

As for transphobic, I dunno. I just say it because everyone else does. I think it means a fear of transport. Bit like agoraphobia but you're scared of walking.

The_Poet

Banned
I bought a HDMI audio splitter to use with my WIIU and external speakers, the thing needs a USB connection for power.

I plugged it in last night, was happily playing Mario Kart and listening to the decent music no longer on the tinny speakers built into my monitor.

Woke up to find that I hadn't plugged the USB power in anywhere, the protective cap was still on the end of it. I'm legit shook guys, what does it need power for? Is my audio splitter haunted by Zeus?

8bit

Knows the Score
I bought a HDMI audio splitter to use with my WIIU and external speakers, the thing needs a USB connection for power.

I plugged it in last night, was happily playing Mario Kart and listening to the decent music no longer on the tinny speakers built into my monitor.

Woke up to find that I hadn't plugged the USB power in anywhere, the protective cap was still on the end of it. I'm legit shook guys, what does it need power for? Is my audio splitter haunted by Zeus?

It probably works unpowered but if you plug it in it will be amplified.

NinjaBoiX

As for transphobic, I dunno. I just say it because everyone else does. I think it means a fear of transport. Bit like agoraphobia but you're scared of walking.
I thought it was a fear of arguing with the missus.

(I always thought it was spelt "agrophobia".)

It sounds like your speakers are active as opposed to passive. Active systems have built in amplification meaning they don't need a dedicated power source.

SmokyDave

Man, I really shouldn't read any threads pertaining to marriage or children on this site. Bums me out, man.

This week seems to be flying past. Can't grumble.

Kiddo spent ten straight minutes pissing herself at our cat last night. Along with 'good girl' and 'car', she's now started shouting 'cat!' whenever he walks in the room. Dunno what tickled her but she was giggling until tears were rolling down her cheeks, just watching him clean himself.

I think a Semite is one of those fruits you find in the weird part of the supermarket.

I'm pretty sure that semite is a mineral, mainly found in Wales.

Transphobic is indeed a fear of transport.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Fear of Trans World Sport?

Legit.

I thought it was a fear of arguing with the missus.

(I always thought it was spelt "agrophobia".)

I think you're right. I'm thinking of angoraphobia which is something different.

Man, I really shouldn't read any threads pertaining to marriage or children on this site. Bums me out, man.

Kiddo spent ten straight minutes pissing herself at our cat last night. Along with 'good girl' and 'car', she's now started shouting 'cat!' whenever he walks in the room. Dunno what tickled her but she was giggling until tears were rolling down her cheeks, just watching him clean himself.

I love when children find random things funny or scary. So cute.

Ah that would make sense re Semite. I think they use it for construction in the mind control and wealth accumulation industries.

I feel a bit too liberal today. I'm gonna take on an ism or phobia. Maybe gregorphobia which is intolerance of Gregor.

jimbor

Banned

Thank god for that! I thought it had something to do with willies.

SteveWD40

It probably does look pretty funny...

spuckthew

Fuck this fucking weather. Either snow, or give up. Not this inbetween pissy fat rain nonsense.

I love snow, but I'd only want snow if it were heavy and prevented me going to work. Light snow is drivable but dangerous and turns morons into, well, even bigger morons.

I just hate rain. Being cold is one thing, but being wet is a whole different ballgame.

And while I used to love autumn and winter in general when I was younger, in adult life snow is about the only thing I like about winter and I've found I'd just rather it be spring and summer permanently. Warmer weather and 9pm sunsets can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned!

Mikeside

Ffs Dave, your posts used to be edgy, now you just me more broody with every post

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
very little is!

Game is so good. With work being so quiet my lunchtime Lumines is the most stimulating part of the day. Headphones loud, of course!

Oh yeah we're doing a BritGAF Hashtag Driveclub #club.

Ninj and Dave and me so far. We can have three more. So let me know if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit.

I think it'll mostly just be me playing given that Ninj has a life and Dave's bored of it, mind.

Pookmunki

Game is so good. With work being so quiet my lunchtime Lumines is the most stimulating part of the day. Headphones loud, of course!

Oh yeah we're doing a BritGAF Hashtag Driveclub #club.

Ninj and Dave and me so far. We can have three more. So let me know if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit.

I think it'll mostly just be me playing given that Ninj has a life and Dave's bored of it, mind.

I'd be down to join HASHTAG club, in need to play it more and stop wasting time on Destiny.

resumelurk

jimbor

Banned
Oh shit, gypsy thread in OT. Can all members of BritGAF kindly stay indoors until advised otherwise.

Sorry man, I'm getting old :(

It's a good job Jed isn't here, he absolutely fucking hated gypsies, the racist fuck. I can only assume it was a gypsy that touched him up as a kid, as he's usually so reasonable.

SmokyDave

Sploat, your constant whispering in my ear about Lumines has cracked me. I'm re-installing Electronic Symphony as soon as I get home.

It's a good job Jed isn't here, he absolutely fucking hated gypsies, the racist fuck. I can only assume it was a gypsy that touched him up as a kid, as he's usually so reasonable.
To be honest, his racism was so palpable and powerful that I half expected to see his account resurrect itself just for that thread. He's probably on Reddit typing the word 'pikey' over and over and over in random threads as we speak.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'd be down to join HASHTAG club, in need to play it more and stop wasting time on Destiny.

resumelurk

Fab. I'll probably sort it out tonight when I play. I think we're already PSN friends. Although I'm not sure how!

Sploat, your constant whispering in my ear about Lumines has cracked me. I'm re-installing Electronic Symphony as soon as I get home.

David I don't do whispers. Did I mention LUMINES. LUMINES ELECTRONIC SYMPHONY.

Seriously though, it's such an amazing game. I always go back to it. I even dream about it sometimes.

Reknoc

For whatever reason Lumines never really resonated with me. I did like one music based puzzler that was on XBLA but I don't remember the name of it. Think it had a Moby track and sales of the game want to charity or something.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm with jimbor, I want to believe it's forcefully reminding anyone signing up of their place in the hierarchy.

TxTEkOt.jpg

Son Of D

Okay, Castlevania SotN done. Next up on my LttP list is... not sure actually. I have a week until Metroid Prime Trilogy comes to Wii U so I guess I can find something short to play.

jimbor

Banned

To be honest, his racism was so palpable and powerful that I half expected to see his account resurrect itself just for that thread. He's probably on Reddit typing the word 'pikey' over and over and over in random threads as we speak.

That makes sense as the talk in whatsapp is that one of his earlier accounts get banned for using pikey. Jean Turrets or summat?

8bit

Knows the Score
Chime is kind is fun, although it lacks variety in music a bit. Kind of Tetris but with two layers.

Must dig out Lumines as I've not played that in some time, but as much as I love LCD soundsystem their track is out of place on electronic symphony. First lumines I remember playing was on my Motorola pebl.

Never really got meteos, it seemed strategy could be substituted for scribbling when under pressure.

NinjaBoiX

There is a certain distance from said door, combined with that quintessentially British reluctance to impose, where the recipient is required to quicken their pace so as not to leave you waiting, possibly requiring more effort than simply opening the door themselves when they get there.

"It's a tightrope Spud, it's a fuckin' tightrope."

Danj

Where do you get these from and how much are they?

Also, I'd like to get something better than my monitor speakers, but I have very little space. I know I can use headphones but there are some times when I don't want to do that (for example when eating dinner). Can anyone suggest anything?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Chime is kind is fun, although it lacks variety in music a bit. Kind of Tetris but with two layers.

Must dig out Lumines as I've not played that in some time, but as much as I love LCD soundsystem their track is out of place on electronic symphony. First lumines I remember playing was on my Motorola pebl.

Never really got meteos, it seemed strategy could be substituted for scribbling when under pressure.

The thing I feel most about Disco Infiltrator is that I need to focus because it's a tough level. I really like all of the songs though, it's a nice mix - bit of cheese, some 'chill out' (is that still a buzz word?) and then some great electro ish techno ish stuff.

There is a certain distance from said door, combined with that quintessentially British reluctance to impose, where the recipient is required to quicken their pace so as not to leave you waiting, possibly requiring more effort than simply opening the door themselves when they get there.

"It's a tightrope Spud, it's a fuckin' tightrope."

This weekend! Do you still wanna come over?

The_Poet

Banned
Where do you get these from and how much are they?

Also, I'd like to get something better than my monitor speakers, but I have very little space. I know I can use headphones but there are some times when I don't want to do that (for example when eating dinner). Can anyone suggest anything?

I got this. Works great.

As for speakers, desk or living room?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah man, Mos Def. Mario Kart!

Maybe Sunday?

Edit: Oh shit, scratch that, olds are up this weekend. Maybe Saturday afternoon?

I'll check with my owner 😄

I have "bear in mind...we all fall behind...from time...to time" in my head now. Thanks 8bit.

Edit: Bowen! Roger. Tomorrow is a go. I've asked a friend from work if she'd like to come too(she is also a #Gamer) but it's not for sure yet. What time m'dear? I can meet you at Piccadilly station, it's nearby.

The_Poet

Banned
Well, as you can see, space is kind of an issue. That's why I wanted to know if there are any compact speakers that manage to be not shit.

Mount them on the wall behind your monitor, that's what I did. If you cant use nails, get some of that stuff which doesn't leave marks.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh stupid me, oh stupid me.

STOP-UH!

Anyone remember the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the Strokes? Having a bit of a 'retro ish' moment. Even though I know they are both still active.

Also Beck. Where do we stand on Beck? I really like Beck. My favourite album is either Sea Change or The Information and my favourite colour is blue.

Top Bottom