• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

spuckthew

Incredible stuff...

Yesss Five Guys is opening a branch in Market Square. Cannot wait to see what the fuss is about. I swear every restaurant thread mentions that company.

It's certainly not a gourmet experience. Depends what you're looking for I guess: Shake Shack in Covent Garden is pretty good for a fast-food burger joint (I prefer it over Five Guys), while the BRGR.CO café in Soho do some seriously pucker burgers (among other things).

Mikeside

I agree with Mike, get all the toppings so it actually tastes of something. Maybe ask how long the buns have been out while you're there.

I'll admit the fries are pretty damn tasty, but it's massively overpriced for how thoroughly mediocre it is as a meal. You could have a pretty decent meal in a restaurant for the same price.

What's wrong with the buns now?
You've got the weirdest chip on your shoulder about this burger place!

NinjaBoiX

Just had a wierd coincidence; I was having a cig on the steps at the back of The Temple with my bro when Guy Garvey walks down. Just as he stepped foot on the stairs an Elbow song came on the jukebox. He just glanced up fairly sheepishly and smiled, haha.

I just said "I recognise that voice! Alright, nice to see you." Cool dude.

Edit: it was just stale Mike, I don't know what to tell you.

I've been to the 5 guys in the O2 a couple of times and their burgers are really fucking good, definitely way better than spoons or McD's, and I'd say better than Gourmet Burger Kitchen as well. It is pricey but I'd say worth it, you get what you pay for.

Just had a wierd coincidence; I was having a cig on the steps at the back of The Temple with my bro when Guy Garvey walks down. Just as he stepped foot on the stairs an Elbow song came on the jukebox. He just glanced up fairly sheepishly and smiled, haha.

huh, awesome. love elbow!

SteveWD40

Not sure if it's common knowledge, but Temple is "the hole in the neighborhood" from Grounds for Divorce...

Also, Guy is a top bloke.

NinjaBoiX

Just had a lush meal in Try Thai with the olds, would recommend.
Not sure if it's common knowledge, but Temple is "the hole in the neighborhood" from Grounds for Divorce...

Also, Guy is a top bloke.
Yeah, my bro said it would've been extra weird if it was Grounds for Divorce. I nearly said "alright Guy" until I realised how inappropriately familiar that would've sounded.

:|

"I loved Kingdom of Rust!" - me, if I ever met Guy Garvey

ok no I wouldn't say that, but I'd really want to
Isn't that Doves?

The_Poet

Banned
There's a great dedicated burger place near me called Smokey's, had a teriyaki beef and guacamole burger the other day, was totes amazeballs

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Mancs and not-Mancs!

After the overwhelming success (ahem) of the First Inaugural Sploatee's Flat Gaming Event, a second is being planned for February!

You are invited!

If you are travelling from not-Manc there is an Ibis Budget next door to our building.

If there is to be clubbing or such, the Star and Garter is about five mins walk away.

So!

Don't all bite my hand off. But please register your interest!

Or not and ignore this post and make me feel even more insecure than normal. Your choice.

NinjaBoiX

Obviously dates depending but count me in!

Write my name on the list with one of those pens shaped things that use lead instead of ink.

Blue Lou

I managed to get some tickets for the Game of Thrones exhibition at the 02 in London. I've never been to London before, looking forward to it!

I'de love to come, but I'm away for all of Feb :(

Haha, amazing.

"When is it?"
"February sometime."
"Oh, what a shame, I'm, er, away, for all of February. Otherwise I'd be there."
"We could do the first week of-"
"I'm away then too. But I'd really like to have been able to come."

The_Poet

Banned
Haha, amazing.

"When is it?"
"February sometime."

No, I really am away for all of February.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'de love to come, but I'm away for all of Feb :(

That's no probl--

Haha, amazing.

"When is it?"
"February sometime."

---hang on a minute!

Obviously dates depending but count me in!

Write my name on the list with one of those pens shaped things that use lead instead of ink.

Fab-O.

Lumines time. How is everyone?

(Sorry Blue I know nothing about Game of Thrones or London).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
now i imagine you northerners wobbling your decoy human bits about like hand-puppets ala quelaag.

i meanwhilst have grown a beard to hide my true lizardy nature and attempt to blend in.

Ask Bowen - when I say flat I really mean web.

Be careful nobody thinks you're a Muslim. Or a Jew. Better to be a lizard. Although I think Jews are lizards. Muslims aren't though. So probably better to be Muslim.

NinjaBoiX

Ask Bowen - when I say flat I really mean web.

Be careful nobody thinks you're a Muslim. Or a Jew. Better to be a lizard. Although I think Jews are lizards. Muslims aren't though. So probably better to be Muslim.
There better not be Jews there...

I hear they put forks in their sugar bowls and that they don't even spend Christmas.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
asked if i was a communist once, how do they rate?

Paranoia-clippy.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Haha, I hope Harry comes, it was oddly satisfying beating a four year old at Mario Kart. He's a funny kid.

He is. He loves his princess dress as much as Raphael from the Turtles. These kids, honestly.

Obviously I mean as much as he loves Raphael.

Basically, he's crazy. It's cute how James wants to get him a Mega Drive so he can grow up on 'proper' games and not Angry Birds.

What kind of Video Games might be at this thing, anyway sploat? I got a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS3 if you want me to bring anything cool

8bit

Knows the Score
He is. He loves his princess dress as much as Raphael from the Turtles. These kids, honestly.

Obviously I mean as much as he loves Raphael.

Basically, he's crazy. It's cute how James wants to get him a Mega Drive so he can grow up on 'proper' games and not Angry Birds.

A Mega Drive!?!

He should be made to type in listings from the back of PCW or load International Soccer for the C64 from an uncompressed cassette to fully appreciate this art.

I spent some of this weekend showing my son Mario Sunshine & Bubble Bobble.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
noted Cheez.

What kind of Video Games might be at this thing, anyway sploat? I got a copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS3 if you want me to bring anything cool

No idea! I'm still in the "vague formulation" phase. I can tell you there is no PS3 in this Jew Web.

A Mega Drive!?!

He should be made to type in listings from the back of PCW or load International Soccer for the C64 from an uncompressed cassette to fully appreciate this art.

I spent some of this weekend showing my son Mario Sunshine & Bubble Bobble.

How did he find it?

8bit

Knows the Score
He was interested in playing Mario (even though it's in Japanese) so I'll let him play that further. I loved Sunshine when it came out and 13 or so years later it's still a great game if flawed. The pachinko level still gives me nightmares but my memory card shows I rose to that challenge.

Bubble Bobble was probably a bit confusing (I was setting up mame on a raspberry pi to use an old arcade stick I had) as I was trying to explain what was going on badly while my muscle memory was hellbent on attaining a reasonable high score.

"Pick up the yellow sweet to shoot bubbles faster. Get the shoes to move quicker. The umbrella lets you skip levels. You get more points if you break all of the bubbles with monsters in them at the same time. The candy stick makes a big cake appear at the end. The bubbles with water in them can kill the monsters under me."

Son Of D

Mancs and not-Mancs!

After the overwhelming success (ahem) of the First Inaugural Sploatee's Flat Gaming Event, a second is being planned for February!

You are invited!

If you are travelling from not-Manc there is an Ibis Budget next door to our building.

If there is to be clubbing or such, the Star and Garter is about five mins walk away.

So!

Don't all bite my hand off. But please register your interest!

Or not and ignore this post and make me feel even more insecure than normal. Your choice.

It's a possibility but not looking good at the moment. I'm busy on the 21st due to prior arrangements and other weekends might be scheduled. Depends on what I hear back from others.

B7Kdw4VCMAMHN9c.jpg

This Comedian live (Sara Pascoe, Michael Legge, Robin Ince, Katherine Ryan, James Acaster, Simon Evans) was incredible, just came back. Nothing quite like 2hr30min of comedy making it all feel like 80min. I need a cheeks operation after that. Everyone was brilliant. Michael Legge as a very self-deprecating and bitter host was perfect. Robin Ince's impression of Stewart Lee was absolutely spot-on, first time I've heard one. The lost Samuel Beckett play Pointless Anger with Robin Ince and Michael Legge inside black bins as just stage props while Arthur Darvill reads the play which really are just stage directions ("Breathe. Breathe. Stare.") and smashes up a cake to give to an audience member was a highlight. The Nevilles come out that do a very corny 80s TV-level bad comedy and are shat on by another comedian who tells them to do it backwards then becomes a genius subversion of innocent dialogue. Robin Ince being the Samuel Beckett fanatic can't take Arthur messing it all up and wombles towards him in the bin, but then Michael Legge just pulls up the bin as it had a hole through it which had me dying. Simon Evans as the more posh comedian giving tales of his 20 years of stand-up was fantastic, none of that class too different from this generation stuff and more of relating what kind of gigs you get as you start from the £100 to the £200 ones.

Wasn't expecting it, but compared to her on TV panel shows, Katherine Ryan is a lot more brutal and darker than I expected. Probably my favourite set of the entire night. Her 5 year old daughter comes up as an adorable opener. Then as the daughter is standing near the curtains, Katherine is just laying into her and going into how being banged up with a comedian was a mistake right in front of the kid. Too bad Romesh Ranganathan couldn't make it on account of being sick, still would love to see him live.

Can't wait to see Stewart Lee in March Kingston.

"Pick up the yellow sweet to shoot bubbles faster. Get the shoes to move quicker. The umbrella lets you skip levels. You get more points if you break all of the bubbles with monsters in them at the same time. The candy stick makes a big cake appear at the end. The bubbles with water in them can kill the monsters under me."

i have a lovely mental image of you losing it as the kid fails to understand the meaning behind the abstract gaming symbols of yore:
"look, the umbrella is good. no, no pick up the umbrella. pick it up. it's good. JUST FUCKING GET THE UMBRELLA."

8bit

Knows the Score
i have a lovely mental image of you losing it as the kid fails to understand the meaning behind the abstract gaming symbols of yore:
"look, the umbrella is good. no, no pick up the umbrella. pick it up. it's good. JUST FUCKING GET THE UMBRELLA."

The teapot! Get the teapot! YOU DIDN'T GET THE TEAPOT! right, that's it. go to your bed.

cooperative gaming isn't really something he's taken to yet, anytime we've tried Skylanders or Disney infinity it turns into see who can throw the other off avengers tower first.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The teapot! Get the teapot! YOU DIDN'T GET THE TEAPOT! right, that's it. go to your bed.

cooperative gaming isn't really something he's taken to yet, anytime we've tried Skylanders or Disney infinity it turns into see who can throw the other off avengers tower first.

That was pretty much the Mario experience this weekend. Platforms? Ha! Let's jump on each other's heads!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Romesh Ranganathan seems to be popping up on TV a lot lately.

Who?

Tempted by the new 3ds. But must resist. I know I'll never really love it. It'll just be another Nintendo machine that I admire but am indifferent to deep down.

I think I might try Grim Fandango when it comes out tomorrow, not that my Lumines addiction shows any signs of stopping.

Qasiel

Who?

Tempted by the new 3ds. But must resist. I know I'll never really love it. It'll just be another Nintendo machine that I admire but am indifferent to deep down.

I wasn't too fussed about it but then they announced Majora's Mask, and the MM n3DS, so I had to grab it. I've gotta admit that I really love my 3DS so I don't mind the upgrade so much. Plus, my current one is a hideous Chelsea Blue.

Top Bottom