• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 |OT| Go To Hell, Larry - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"It works! I've never been more proud of you for anything in your life."

"I mean, I've solved a lot of cases for you."

"And yet crime persists."

EDIT:

I love Teddy.

Boogs31

I thought the funniest line of the episode was
Terry saying the only Japanese he can remember is "Do you have a larger door I can walk thru".

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 14 "Serve & Protect"

Terry's ex replaces Teddy in evaluating the precinct, but Jake and Rosa are distracted by a burglary case that occurred on the set of one of their favorite detective TV shows. As the rest of the Nine-Nine concentrate on the audit (and Terry's past relationship strategies), Jake and Rosa pass time with the series star and producer, who meddle in the case and charm Jake with the glamour of show business.
- Promo for this week's episode.

vypek

I fucking lost it at the conversation where Boyle and Holt are discussing how to speak and imply things in speech to that guy. The whole bit was great

Macka

That was one of the funniest episodes in a while. Holt and Boyle deciding on the right eyebrow raising choreography was hilarious.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 15 "The Last Ride"

In what could be their last case as partners, Jake and Charles go to great extremes to apprehend a local bike thief. Terry shockingly isn't in the lead for "Mr. Nine-Nine" (the detective who has solved the most cases), leaving Rosa determined to boost his ego. Meanwhile, Amy spends some precious time with Holt.
- Promo for this week's episode.

I was SLAIN by this entire exchange in episode 8 during my recent re-watch before things started up again. Quoted for length

"I need to talk to you about this Boyle family vacation that my mom's forcing me to go on. Why is it in Butt Thumb, Iowa?"

"No, it's pronounced "Beaut-Hume," And Iowa is the ancestral homeland of the Boyle clan. I am so excited for you to get to know all of the cousins. Watch out for Sherman. He's left a trail of broken hearts longer than his ponytail."

"Boyle, can we please just go to a resort where I don't have to see your family? There's a great one in Aruba."

"Aruba? [laughs] Boyles don't do beaches. We're not swimmers. We're burrowers." ***

"Yes, I know, you're all earthworms, but, Charles, even nature's most disgusting creatures deserve pleasure. Come to Aruba."

"Sorry, the cousins voted and it was unanimous. We're going to Iowa. We've already rented the tent."

"'Tent' singular? ...Charles, 'tent' singular?"

***Boyle's delivery on this line is perfect

Legit great one, maybe best of the season.

"Thanks for the heroin, hunky Jesus!"
"TRIPLE PRANK!"
The in-unison squeal for Terry...

etc etc etc

Is it just me or did the writers not know how to handle Jake and Amy's relationship at all? After all dat sexual tension them getting together was an absolute fizzer and reminds me of Leonard and Penny from TBBT. It just isn't there. I reckon Jake and Gina would be a good couple.

Is it just me or did the writers not know how to handle Jake and Amy's relationship at all? After all dat sexual tension them getting together was an absolute fizzer and reminds me of Leonard and Penny from TBBT. It just isn't there. I reckon Jake and Gina would be a good couple.

Jake and Gina are like childhood friends and their personalities are too out there to work together imo.

I think the Jake/Amy stuff has been handled well, just from the fact their relationship doesn't dominate the show or they don't feel a need to always pair them together in stories. I thought them working together in the episode with Amy's ex was fun and they both care for each other and know each other well.

MartyStu

So this is actually a thing with Schur. He likes building strong and stable relationships and then just letting them be. This is something I greatly respect. Relationship drama tends to take up an inordinate amount of screen time for these sort of shows if not properly managed, and his productions rarely have those issues.

Whether or not they know how to handle that relationship, Rosa blaming Amy for Jake's decision to pursue the case at the [potential] expense of the 9-9 was gold.

Karu

Yah the relationship in the background helps. It would be terrible if that was the main focus
It taking the focus, nearly tanked New Girl quality-wise in Season 3 - they worked really hard to destroy the heart of the show, the group dynamic. I'm a fan of Friends and could rewatch that show any day of the week, but I am so glad for Schur and co. going another route here on B99 or Parks&Rec in regards to will they/won't they-relationships.

So this is actually a thing with Schur. He likes building strong and stable relationships and then just letting them be. This is something I greatly respect. Relationship drama tends to take up an inordinate amount of screen time for these sort of shows if not properly managed, and his productions rarely have those issues.

You say the word strong but I don't see a strong relationship in action. It's like they are just paying lip service to it every couple of episodes or so. In my opinion they need to just be happy with being friends and leave it as that. I really don't buy them still being a couple.

Amy and Teddy didn't last long but their dating still felt way more real than whatever Jake and Amy are supposed to be going through together.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 16 "Moo Moo"

Sergeant Jeffords is stopped by a fellow police officer while off-duty in his own neighborhood. When the incident escalates, Terry wants to file an official complaint against him, but Captain Holt has other ideas. Meanwhile, Jake and Amy get a glimpse into the difficulties of parenthood and answer some tough questions when they babysit Terry's kids.
- Sneak peak at this week's episode.

Enzom21

Well that was an interesting episode.
I think this is the first time this show has dealt with racist cops, which is weird considering it's the NYPD.

I don't normally watch this show, but my wife had it on for background noise tonight and it was spot on. Hearing Terry Crews vulnerable and speaking for millions of blacks about why we fear for our kids' interactions with police was heartbreaking and rings so true.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't normally watch this show, but my wife had it on for background noise tonight and it was spot on. Hearing Terry Crews vulnerable and speaking for millions of blacks about why we fear for our kids' interactions with police was heartbreaking and rings so true.

I always thought it was weird that there's this NYPD comedy show in light of Eric Garner.

Then again, they stopped dealing with murders as well because you can't really make poop jokes while talking about dead bodies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Orgasm juice"

rofl

That was a great episode though - they balanced the serious stuff with the comedy surprisingly well.

vypek

The episodes have been really good recently. Either feeling very poignant or getting in some very good jokes.

IDK if the show has had a better comedic exchange from that "how to imply" something conversation between Holt and Boyle a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom