• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remaster Is Full Price (50$) Game...

eizarus

Banned
Stay losing Gearbox. You're a shadow of your former self
or so I've heard

Well said. It's one of the best and funniest shooters of the past gen and it's a fucking disgrace that it bombed this hard.

NeoGAF, a place where we love games but don't want to pay for them.

Really hope it does well. Gonna buy it on PS4 if nothing else is released in April.
Not exactly the best argument for a re-release that doesn't change much in a 6 year old game.

Wait, I bought this game for full $60 on the X360, for the Gears 3 beta. IIRC the disc had to be in the tray and we had to boot the beta from the main menu (much like Halo: Reach's beta that came with ODST) of the game. I got burned so bad that half of my friends list (100 was max back then on the X360) was doing that USB download trick and playing the beta for free, and as usual there were scaremongers on forums saying MSFT's gonna ban them all who do that, but EPIC gave zero fucks because they needed more players in the beta lol.

After the beta was over, the disc is sleeping on my shelf ever since. A glorious 0G on my achievements list. Don't even know if it's worth playing and there's a remaster already with almost full price. 6 years, damn. Time flies indeed.

bigjig

Besides Skyrim are any remasters selling anything these days?

I can understand trying to make a quick buck back in 2014 when new games still aren't ready for market, but looking at how stacked the first half of 2017 is, I'm reaching as to who they think is going to pay full price for a barebones remaster.

Roshin

Good luck with that. Let's wait and see how this remaster actually turns out and then wait some more, until it hits a reasonable price.

Fhtagn

All games without a long DLC/Consumable tail are launching at a high price. The digital market is very sale focused and a game with a $50 list price that is 80% off looks better than a $20 list price with 50% off. The rubes that buy at full price are just a bonus.

This is my sense too.

FaintDeftone

Gotta pay for that Battleborn failure somehow.

Seriously though, this will drop like a rock. Anyone who wants this should seriously just wait a month or two and it'll be $20 in no time.

StereoVsn

I Love Bulletstorm, and would be nice to play the remaster on PC but at $50 it's a huge giant Nope. It's alright, it will be $20 in 3 months.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
We all know it will be $20 or so within the first month.

I'll pick it up again, but not even for half off. May be a good BF pickup next year in the $8 Target pile, or a Best Buy Clearance in the spring/summer.

It's not like the shelves in the game segments are already full of Battlebornes and Borderlands: Handsome Jack copies. Gonna ad another Gearbox game to the list of bombas.
Oh wait, I guess this won't even get released in Germany anyways.

styl3s

How much were DmC DE and DMC4SE when they released on PS4?
I mean people are expecting $40-$50 for ports of games coming to Switch.

BTW, Skyrim on PS4 costs $60 base IIRC.
Skyrim also comes with mods, all dlc and isn't 4 hours long and sold a megaton of copies.

Nobody bought bulletstorm for $60 when it came out why would they buy it for that price now? Some games can get away with that pricing and bulletstorm most certainly ain't one of them

Apdiddy

Fucking cheeky considering MP never worked on PS3 when it was first released.

And still wasn't working right up until EA plugged the plug.

I got the online trophies (except for the DLC) and even then it was laggy as hell.

Ooccoo

Imagine the Switch ports. Same games but with a coat of paint for $90 CAD. There will always be people defending such efforts, but IMO it's getting beyond ridiculous. As always, just vote with your wallet.

Neo_Geo

Banned
This is one of the games I bought at half MSRP and haven't even logged an hour onto. Good luck selling more than 9 copies. You may get a sympathy sale from someone to at least hit double digits.

MUnited83

For you.
It's really shitty they are not doing any discount at all for previous owners. Mind you, the previous version literally has a expiry date where it will stop working.

Freeman76

Fuck this type of business practice. Its not like the game was a best seller in the first place. Dont get me wrong, it played well and had some great systems but probably the most memorable aspect was how fuckinf bad the writing was. One of the first and only games where i actually turned the voice volume to 0

Mash83

A sequel would have been much more interesting. I remember having fun with the game when it originally came out. Way too many games to play right now, Im probably going to skip this.

Sequel isn't happening if this doesn't sell.

Oh well. I let that dream die a long time ago. It's just a shame, because they can't take a chance on a game that is as unprofitable as this one. But it would have been great to see as a series. It has one of the most fun styles of gameplay and the most unique visuals for a shooter. It was a breath of fresh air and I'll miss it after the remaster bombs.

Cleve

Give it a couple months and you'll get a 75% off deal on it somewhere. Gearbox gotta pay off those Battleborn bills somehow.

On one hand it makes sense to price it as high as possible to get those early adopter sales and then drop the price quickly to something more budget friendly. On the other $20 would have been impulse buy territory (enjoyed the first game) but now I'm probably not going to get it until it's on PSN for $5-$10.

JakeD

This becomes more offensive when you realize the original on PC still uses GFWL and is possibly unplayable to the people who paid full price for it back in the day

EYEL1NER

Bulletstorm plummeted in price very quickly and seemed like a game that the majority of people were picking up for sub-$10. So this move is a bit puzzling. I'd be up for a replay of the game, especially with the changes and fixes that a remaster will bring. I'll probably wait until I can get it for the same price I paid for the vanilla game though (which was somewhere below $15).

The Handsome Collection has pretty regularly been on sale for ~$20 or less, right? Gotta imagine this follows at some point.

I liked Bulletstorm, but there's nothing really stopping me from saving $50 and firing up my PS3 or 360.

hank_tree

But why??
I honestly don't get it. It's a remastered version of 6 years old game with no major new content. (One character and few maps if i am not wrong).

In years when most developers are giving Remasters for free to owners of the original versions, and pricing them no higher than 30$ Gearbox Software decides to price Bulletstorm 50$. That's how much brand new or few weeks "old" AAA games cost today.

Your opinion? I am personally not supporting and buying this.

Because there are people who will pay full price. so the strategy is charge full price up front and then they cut the price by half a month later.

Just like Skyrim Remastered. And Arkham Remastered, And the Bioshock collection. And so on.

Sulik2

Its the best shooter of the last gen, its actually worth $50 purely from a game perspective, but its insane to ask that much for an old game.

How much were DmC DE and DMC4SE when they released on PS4?
I mean people are expecting $40-$50 for ports of games coming to Switch.

BTW, Skyrim on PS4 costs $60 base IIRC.

Skyrim SE was given for free to previous Legendary Edition owners on PC. DmC DE was $50 if I recall and DMC4SE was $25.

or for $30 or less you could be playing DOOM Arcade Mode instead

not even a hard choice

fuck this noise, expensive remasters are already a shitty enough practice but for fucks sake people who bought Bulletstorm when it was new can't even play the exact same goddamn version sans Duke Nukem that they already paid for right now

Fury451

Banned
I like the game but it wasn't worth that price the first time around, so I'm not sure they're going to see any crazy sales here. I'll probably support it because of PCF, but I'll also likely wait for a sale.

Still, this isn't out of trend with this generations remaster pricings.

mXyupD1.gif

The original was free on PS+ 4 years ago.

Holy shit that's misguided.

Top Bottom