• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remaster Is Full Price (50$) Game...

Dremark

Banned
mbsfQ.jpg

In all seriousness I think it's overpriced for a rerelease and I don't want to give Gearbox more money. The game is supposed to be good and I missed it the first time around so when the price drops I'll probably get on board.

scoobs

Cash grab. You can pick this game up on Steam for $19.99. I've seen it on sale for much less. Remasters sell pretty well at that price though so I can't really blame them

Even though I really liked the game, found it really underrated. It didn't do very well last time. The price is too high. I expect they know that though, will get whoever they can sucker for full price and it will drop price quickly.

Let's just be clear here, as with every game, it will launch at that price and then that price will gradually decrease. Wait until it hits a price point you're comfortable with. It's not like it's a new game that you have to be there day one to be part of the zeitgeist. It'll be on PS+ within a year or release anyway.

PnCIa

Z6swlKb.png

Enough truthiness for you today, OP
Not comparable at all.

Maaaaaybe with the right marketing it will sell well, not sure though since the appeal of a game like this is by no means that wide and it doesnt have a name like Doom attached.
I really liked it when it came out, but paying that much again....nah son. Also Randy Pitchford is attached to this :-/

Dremark

Banned
Cash grab. You can pick this game up on Steam for $19.99. I've seen it on sale for much less. Remasters sell pretty well at that price though so I can't really blame them

Yeah, I don't blame them for the price, but I'm not willing to pay it either. They did add some juice to it as well so I will give them some credit, but I don't think it's enough to justify the price tag.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Even established franchises are having trouble selling this year, it's baffling they would price it at that.

N30RYU

This is not the Remaster I'm looking for... do you hear me KONAMI I will buy MG Rising remaster full price (all DLC included)

Because there are people who will pay full price. so the strategy is charge full price up front and then they cut the price by half a month later.

Just like Skyrim Remastered. And Arkham Remastered, And the Bioshock collection. And so on.

I agree, however in this instance I don't think there's going to be too many people willing to pay near full price for this. It was a bit of a bomb first time around and I don't think things will be much different this time around.

I'm not particulary interested in Bulletstorm, but $20 for a remaster and $20 to pull out Games for Windows Live is something I'm willing to pay for.

Instro

Nintendo level pricing lol. The game is pretty cool, but hardly anything I would pay more than $20 for, and certainly not when I already own it.

Senteevs

I loved Bulletstorm.
Still hoping for a sequel.
I will buy the shit out of this.
When it costs $10 or less

Belker

I played Bulletstorm quite a while after release when a friend lent me his copy. I thought it was great fun and recommended it to people, but only for the campaign

The problem I had was with replayability; it was cool that I could go back into levels I'd completed, but I was limited to the weapons I'd unlocked up to that point in the story.

I wanted to go back into any level and experiment with weapons from the entire campaign. I know levels were designed with certain guns in mind - and perhaps that might have broken aspects of the experience - but I was willing to risk it.

If this remastered gives me a full sandbox, I'll probably buy it. (In a few months.)

Excuse my ignorance but what does Gearbox have to do with this?

They're publishing it. By attaching themselves to a bigger more well-known company like this People Can Fly can get better marketing for the game, and let the publisher take care of things like financing, legal things, etc.

maty

I have question regarding the complaints about the full price. What makes games different from other media (music, movies) that when a remaster is released some games should not charge full price.

Whenever you buy a cd that was remastered or buy a movie again in whatever new format has become mainstream there is no loyalty program. Of course games are more expensive than the stuff mentioned above but still... I honestly would like to know why games are not worth it. And no one is being pressured to buy it day 1.

I understand that with the PC version there is an expiration date with GFWL (this is the version I own) which is something to be considered and since most of its sales where on digital platforms a loyalty discount could be given since it's quite easy to detect ownership.

Having said that I do appreciate when a new version is given for free to owners of the previous release.

RavenHawk

It was a fun game, but there is no way that this game is going to sell well at that price.
Gearbox is going to kill this game in the dick...

Catvoca

Banned
The 360 and PS3 versions are €3 in a local shop. Great this thing is coming to PC without the gfwl stuff but yeah, It's severely overpriced and I won't be buying it (and I really like Bulletstorm)

Vanadium

Got half way through and never touched it again. Still sitting in a laundry room cabinet with copies of LOST the game and FF13.

KalBalboa

Banned
$50 is one thing. I understand people expecting it to be cheaper in terms of MSRP.

The "loyalty discount" doesn't seem terribly realistic an expectation. Is there any precedent for that in this situation? Is there a 1:1 example where a remaster came with a loyalty discount?

meanspartan

This game didn't even blow people away when it launched, and was campaign only with like a 6 hour campaign if I remember right.

The most memorable thing they did was making fun of Call of Duty in that one "Demo"

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Z6swlKb.png

Enough truthiness for you today, OP

Which you also got for free from owning the Legendary Edition on PC. What's your point?

$50 is one thing. I understand people expecting it to be cheaper in terms of MSRP.

The "loyalty discount" doesn't seem terribly realistic an expectation. Is there any precedent for that in this situation? Is there a 1:1 example where a remaster came with a loyalty discount?

Let's see, you got Darksiders 2 Deathinitive for 80% off or for free if you owned all the DLC, Skyrim (see above), Darksiders Warmastered for free (and they launched it at 80% off as well, for everyone). Tons of examples really.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Damn it. I like Bulletstorm but didn't realize that fucking Gearbox owns it now.

And yes, if you want to check it out, just get the original on sale. Fuck this cash grab shit.

meanspartan

I have question regarding the complaints about the full price. What makes games different from other media (music, movies) that when a remaster is released some games should not charge full price.

Whenever you buy a cd that was remastered or buy a movie again in whatever new format has become mainstream there is no loyalty program. Of course games are more expensive than the stuff mentioned above but still... I honestly would like to know why games are not worth it. And no one is being pressured to buy it day 1.

I understand that with the PC version there is an expiration date with GFWL (this is the version I own) which is something to be considered and since most of its sales where on digital platforms a loyalty discount could be given since it's quite easy to detect ownership.

Having said that I do appreciate when a new version is given for free to owners of the previous release.

Fairly or unfairly, games have more of an expiration date than other mediums, and only a select few really stand the test of time. Remastered or not this is an old game that will certainly show its age against newer shooters and should be priced accordingly.

KalBalboa

Banned
Which you also got for free from owning the Legendary Edition on PC. What's your point?

Let's see, you got Darksiders 2 Deathinitive for 80% off or for free if you owned all the DLC, Skyrim (see above), Darksiders Warmastered for free (and they launched it at 80% off as well, for everyone). Tons of examples really.

Were those on console?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
But why??
I honestly don't get it. It's a remastered version of 6 years old game with no major new content. (One character and few maps if i am not wrong).

In years when most developers are giving Remasters for free to owners of the original versions, and pricing them no higher than 30$ Gearbox Software decides to price Bulletstorm 50$. That's how much brand new or few weeks "old" AAA games cost today.

Your opinion? I am personally not supporting and buying this.

This comes out in April, yeah? You're posting this in December. Right after Black Friday where shit is dirt cheap.

So, here is what you do. Wishlist it on Amazon. Revisit it next November and buy it for $9.99 because its going to super bomb.

Problem solved.

mdubs

Banned
I hate to be the one to break this to you OP but $50 is not a full-priced game.

Still too expensive tho

Top Bottom