• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

trihunter

Cerrius said:
so is this like a little ARG Bungie's got going for their next announcement?

There is no secret. Microsoft screwed Bungie. Stop talking about conspiracies, or ARG's. These don't involves letters from the president of Bungie. Multiple Bungie employees and Luke have already said this isn't a joke. No announcements are coming.

JdFoX187 said:
Shhh...they won't listen to logic. Just sit back and watch and laugh at the overreactions.
Some of us were really excited to see what Bungie was working on next. We have been teased for MONTHS and the night all the cocktease and ball-tickling was to come to an end, Microsoft comes in and shits all over everything.

I have every right to be mad.

Wizman23 said:
I wonder is this is more or less a big Fuck You from MS for going independent.

70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

Xun

UltimaPooh said:
Alpha Delta08 at the Halo 3 forums found this in the source code:

Quote:
</div>
<div class="timertext" >
00:12:00:00
</div>

It was meant to stop at 12.
Hmm...

There's still hope.

JdFoX187

Banned
snack said:
Some of us were really excited to see what Bungie was working on next. We have been teased for MONTHS and the night all the cocktease and ball-tickling was to come to an end, Microsoft comes in and shits all over everything.

I have every right to be mad.
You did it to yourself. It's a fucking ANNOUNCEMENT. I've never seen people get this upset over a game being delayed, let alone an ANNOUNCEMENT getting delayed.

Even so, who knows what the countdown would have lead to? Sure, it's disappointing, but you hardly got "fucked."

t4ng0

snack said:
And it wasn't even like a clean, one-wiper either.

We're talking a messy shit explosion requiring at least one entire roll.

Xun said:
Around 11 hours.

Thanks.

Oh the excitement. Is it true? Is it a setup? Does shane hit the gym?

psyduck.jpg

Yeah, seems like it was really canceled. Oh well. Microsoft totally sucked for doing this.

Kibbles

Xun said:
Hmm...

There's still hope.

If that source was found after the update to the site went up then it has no relevance at all. If it was before the disappointing update, then either a) Bungie had prior knowledge or b) It's set-up [Doesn't seem likely anymore]

Lazslo

I think this is because of the MAG annouc. today. Squad based just like the new bungie title. Oh shoot bungie got PWNED by sony

Kifimbo

BenjaminBirdie said:
This is a TOTAL shine job you guys. There is no way they would throw the publisher under the bus like that.

You got a good point. But maybe Bungie is so sick of Microsoft that they see that as an opportunity to throw their publisher under the bus.

MMaRsu

Banned
if I'd were you bungie guys I'd just leak this shit to some polish website :p

Once it's out start the marketing campaign anyway :p

Ssparks said:
I think this is because of the MAG annouc. today. Squad based just like the new bungie title. Oh shoot bungie got PWNED by sony

I'm sure you'll be around long.

darkressurection said:
I know this is a joke, but really what are the chances of Bungie working only with Microsoft after this?

After this....BETRAYAL?!?!

Ssparks said:

have we no standards?

clashfan

UltimaPooh said:
Well... Luke since you're so open about telling us who the publisher was.

Why not give us the reason they wanted to stop this?

It's pretty easy to understand why they stopped this. The FFXIII news was going to take away from the Bungie game. They want to make this new game a special announcement.

Jesus, B-net forums are a mess. What the fuck is MS thinking? BUNGIE MADE THE XBOX! NO BUNGIE, XBOX WOULD BE DEAD! Can they not announce something they've clearly planned out well at their own pleasure?!
darkressurection said:
I know this is a joke, but really what are the chances of Bungie working only with Microsoft after this?
Unfortunately high, don't they have the whole deal w/ them that MS gets first dibs on all projects in return for becoming indie?

MS probably has a good reason to axe the showing anyway. It's probably another rush job like last year's Halo debacle. Ya'll are better off not seeing it.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
darkressurection said:

Oddly enough, the exact same chance that I will have a boner at 7:07PST tomorrow morning. The balls are in your court, Mattrick.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
snack said:
Someone is probably getting off on this quote as we speak.

TDG

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
so we have to wait a little while longer for the announcement, big fucking deal.
Maybe it's not a "big fucking deal" to people who just casually heard about this the other day, but for fans who have been watching this saga unravel, and have been interpereting all the little clues Bungie has left over the past few months, yeah, it is a big fucking deal to have the payoff delayed.

I don't know why people feel the need to come into the thread and laugh at people who are disappointed.

clashfan said:
It's pretty easy to understand why they stopped this. The FFXIII news was going to take away from the Bungie game. They want to make this new game a special announcement.

Eh, I don't buy that reason.

Top Bottom