• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Business Insider: Taco Bell is one of the best options for finding healthy fast-food

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, when all the smoke has cleared and the dust has settled. I think Taco Bell really is the best of them all.

You have to go all the way out to the shitty suburbs to get Taco bell in Vancouver. I've never had it.

dbeaf903ce4956d976241b9f4e5ad33b.jpg

Could care less about it being healthy but they do have the best options for food out there. There is always something new and its always pretty darn good.

A 'dietician' is an absolutely meaningless term. It's not a thing, and there's no studying or degree involved. It's a fake nutritionist, basically.

Nutritionist is the meaningless term.

I approve of what they are doing, though it sucks they are feeding into BS fears about artificial ingredients being unhealthy. Whether something is natural or synthesized has zero to do with how healthy or unhealthy it is.

Faiz

You're adding this after the fact.

That ret-conned information is also irrelevant to Taco Bell's foods' nutrition.

Try again when you can formulate an actual point of discussion.

No kidding. If someone doesn't provide the results of a full physical with blood work then they have no position and anything they post means fuck-all. Accreditation of the physician performing the exam as well as certification for the lab performing the blood analysis should also be included or you can kindly GTFO of any discussion. I expect these reports to be peer-reviewed and published in the American Journal of Medicine or you are simply wasting our time.

😏

j-wood

Seems like not alot of people read this article or even the bolded parts.

Does taco bell still offer shitty items like a frito taco? Yes.

Do they also give the consumer option for healthier items? Yes.

Across the board, did they cut back on sodium and start using natural ingredients? Yes.

Good on you Taco bell. I usually grab a couple of soft shell tacos and a quesdilla, and it's under 700 calories. For one of the main meals in a day, that's not bad at all and hit's a good mix of protein, carbs, and fat.

Exis

Actually this thread got me looking at their nutrition calculator and there are a handful of things there I could actually eat without throwing out my plan. Mind you I eat low carb so there is little I could eat there but even some of these macros are not THAT bad.

j-wood

Actually this thread got me looking at their nutrition calculator and there are a handful of things there I could actually eat without throwing out my plan. Mind you I eat low carb so there is little I could eat there but even some of these macros are not THAT bad.

Exactly. It's really not bad. Just depends on what you order. This article isn't saying their cinnabon twists things are good for you.

this_guy

KFC - $5 fill up box with 2 pieces grilled and get the green beans for the side item. Toss the biscuit and cookie. And get a diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi.

Yeah Taco Bell is good when you want to eat healthy but I prefer Pollo Loco (don't know how far they extend out of So Cal) in any case they both have far better taste than anything you can get at subway

SoCal'r here, and I regularly walk the 8 extra blocks to Pollo Loco over Taco Bell for specifically the case that I was unaware they have anything else close to the Pollo Bowl (w/black beans) in terms of "healthier" fast food options.

Is it because you poop it out only 2 hours after eating? It's like it was never there!

Wouldn't be nearly as funny if it wasn't true.

No kidding. If someone doesn't provide the results of a full physical with blood work then they have no position and anything they post means fuck-all. Accreditation of the physician performing the exam as well as certification for the lab performing the blood analysis should also be included or you can kindly GTFO of any discussion. I expect these reports to be peer-reviewed and published in the American Journal of Medicine or you are simply wasting our time.

😏

Not to mention if you're upset about someone not contributing information to the thread, it's counterproductive to deliberately avoid identifying the point that you think they're failing to address.

SoCal'r here, and I regularly walk the 8 extra blocks to Pollo Loco over Taco Bell for specifically the case that I was unaware they have anything else close to the Pollo Bowl (w/black beans) in terms of "healthier" fast food options.
Wouldn't be nearly as funny if it wasn't true.

Yeah and they taste pretty good but I still think Pollo Loco just tastes better and would be worth that 8 block walk,

Zombine

Banned
I eat Taco Bell like 4 times a week. I'm in perfect health. Actually, I'm about to go there in a few after I work out. Fuckin love their beef quesarito.

Sulik2

The chicken cantina power bowl minus sour cream is delicious filling and low enough in calories to be a normal human meal.

P.S. Taco Bell's app is also miles ahead of any other fast food place or restaurant. For the entire month of February, they've had a 25% off all orders code you can use through the app. Applies to everything on your order usable once a day. Walking out with 1,500 calories for like $3.50. Also, there is a Taco Bell subreddit that is truly amazing - it's like a group of people from all over the world that come together to discuss and share their love of a common food place.

Malvolio

Being concerned about which fast food is healthiest is so American. We rejoice when we glug down diet soda because at least it's not loaded with sugar. We feel joyous when our Fitbit tells us we walked a mile today because at least we aren't sitting on the sofa all day. As long as there is something, someone or some action that is less healthy, we see our poor choices as acceptable. This country is going to die at the hands of the lessor of evils.

Ashodin

You're adding this after the fact.

That ret-conned information is also irrelevant to Taco Bell's foods' nutrition.

Try again when you can formulate an actual point of discussion.

okay there bud. It's just taco bell.

It's always been about what you eat, even at a place like this.

FStop7

Banned
I'd sooner go to El Pollo Loco. Their chicken tastes like actual chicken.

I'd even prefer to go to In-n-Out. A couple of singles wrapped in lettuce w/ tomato and onion slices.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
XiaNaphryz, now that you are a mod doesn't give you the right to lie to me in a thread title!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
XiaNaphryz, now that you are a mod doesn't give you the right to lie to me in a thread title!

I didn't lie, the Business Insider article writer believes that. :p

Article writer said:
In my own personal experience, after a week of eating nothing but fast food, Taco Bell was one of the best chains around to find healthy options.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Good job, article writer on saying they're healthy but not listing any options/menu building. You apparently can only find these "fresco" options through the mobile order?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
2-3 of their soft tacos makes for a pretty good work lunch. They won't give you that sleepy aftrnoon feeling or make you feel fatter when you sit down.

However, I am still loyal ultimately to McDonalds.

Taco Bell threads are great for pinpointing people with weak stomachs.
Good job, article writer on saying they're healthy but not listing any options/menu building. You apparently can only find these "fresco" options through the mobile order?
At least in CA, I've always seen fresco options on the menu in-store. At the very least, they list that you can ask for the fresco menu in-person.

Unison

OP, you make so many fast food threads.

Do you work in the industry or something? Or do you try out all of these foods?

Just curious, because I rarely eat fast food and would have no idea about most of their stuff were it not for GAF OT.

You should look up the potential toxicity of dihydrogen monoxide. They put that shit in all sorts of food. You'll never catch me eating any DNA in my food. Also, I am glad that humans have never manipulated or modified the genetics of any food until the last 15 years, otherwise humanity would have been poisoned centuries ago.

OMG dihydrogen monoxide is the worst. It's in everything. Too much of it will kill you but so will not enough. It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom