• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28)

MoogPaul

What are the odds of them letting you buy more than one copy of a specific game? I'd gladly hook up a gaffer with a discounted sealed W101 to offset the price of my own copy.

Toys R Us is running a Buy 1, get $10 gift card or Buy 2, get a $40 gift card right now. Not sure if it's just on Wii U games or all in general.

JCX

Might hold off on W101 now. W101, WWHD, and something else.

edit: not WWHD, since it's just digital. Darn it.

Lumyst

Okay, after buying so many bomba priced WiiU games and buying games back during Target's spring buy 2 get 1 free sale, I have 10 WiiU games (like, Batman and Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed kind of games). Ironically, that means I have so many that I am hesitant to buy Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, etc. (you know, the good stuff) because I already blew my budget. I shouldn't have thought I'd be saving third party support by buying those other games (but I mean, they were like $20 each, come on.) But when I see Rayman + Pikmin + Wonderful 101, oh man, ughhhhhhhh.......... edit: Oh yeah, I did get Monster Hunter back in spring and haven't really delved into it yet. Nah, I'll pass for now.

LaNaranja

Man. I am thinking about waiting on 101 now. W101, Rayman Legends and .......? I already have everything else on the Wii U. Damn Wind Waker couldn't have come out a tad bit sooner. :(

SCReuter

It's 100% true. I've done it plenty of times. You'll see on your receipt that each game has a return value and each is the prorated discount. So make sure you maximize the discount by buying games that are all the same price. You'll get a refund in the form of the method you paid.

Good to know. I definitely want Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, but I may just go ahead and return whatever the third game ends up being (either New Super Mario Bros. U or Rayman Legends).

HardRojo

Wait! The Limited Edition Wind Waker Wii U Bundle comes with a Digital copy of the game? Not a physical one? That's BS!

Rootbeer

Banned
Would love to do this but I don't know what I'd buy.

W101 and Rayman, I guess. But what for a third? Games I already own:

Pikmin 3
NSMBU
Zombi U
LEGO City
MH3U
Disney Infinity (not sure it's even part of this promo, but whatever)
Nintendoland

Help me come up with ideas! Luigi U would kinda suck since it's only a $30 game

Exile20

It's 100% true. I've done it plenty of times. You'll see on your receipt that each game has a return value and each is the prorated discount. So make sure you maximize the discount by buying games that are all the same price. You'll get a refund in the form of the method you paid.

Thanks. Cancelled my TW101 preorder. Now to wait an extra week for it. hmmmm. I was waiting since August so whatever.

Shauni

Goddammit, had I known about this, I would've waiting and order 101 through this, but my Amazon order already shipped. Oh well, may still use this. Never played Pikmin, so I may check out the third game. That, ZombiU, and Lego City would probably be a solid combo.

Wait! The Limited Edition Wind Waker Wii U Bundle comes with a Digital copy of the game? Not a physical one? That's BS!

Where you been, son? That's been known since the announcement.

Muzy72

Banned
I spent $410 on a Wii U + NSMBU + Nintendo Land

People who take advantage of this deal get a special edition Wii U, a digital copy of Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends for $420.

I feel stupid for buying a Wii U at launch now >_>. It stings even more that I bought a Wii U at launch specifically for TW101, Pikmin, and Rayman.

Those are bad prices for Pikmin and Mario. The every day price at Amazon is 44 for Mario and 49 for Pikmin. Might want to see if Target will price match them for this deal, or if Amazon will match Target's deal.

I didn't know amazon ever matched things like this? How do you even go about attempting it?

So after picking up Lego City and Monster Hunter for $20 in the Gamefly sale he's what I have for Wii U:

NSMBU, Sonic Racing Transformed, Zombi U, Tekken Tag 2, AC III, Warriors Orochi 3, Black Ops II, Arkham City, Darksiders II, Injustice (the first game I have ever sold, will get GOTY edition because way too much DLC), Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and NSLU.

I have Wonderful 101 on preorder for $53.99 from Newegg but they take a little while to ship so I have some a little time.

The Target deal would cost me $127.20 with tax. What other games would I get with this deal? Sure Pikmin 3 is great but I still have the first two in my backlog, by the time I got to it it world've probably dropped in price. Game and Wario is only $40 so the discount would be smaller. Rabbids is only $30 online. I'll like to support Ubisoft and pick up one of their 2013 games at full price and the rest later at discount but Rayman and Splinter Cell don't interest me as much as Watch Dogs (which isn't that highly interesting to me) and I feel buying WD would have the best impact. Rayman is selling well on Wii U compared to other platforms while SC sold horrible on Wii U already. Should I just wait and skip the sale?

Does that returning one game and keeping the $20 discount for the rest really work? I know two have said it does.

For those that are having trouble finding a group of three and are multiplatform owners, there will be a B2G1 free in October across all systems. You could do the trick to just return the ones you don't want, but if you want something on another system, you might want to hold off and save a game or two to be grouped with something in the future. Since a lot of you are mentioning Pikmin 3, it seems like there's no issue on waiting for games.

Pikmin 3 + NSMB U = Rayman Legends free isn't a bad deal at all.

NSMB U and Pikmin 3 probably won't get a price drop for a long time so I think the investment is worth it.

For those that are having trouble finding a group of three and are multiplatform owners, there will be a B2G1 free in October across all systems. You could do the trick to just return the ones you don't want, but if you want something on another system, you might want to hold off and save a game or two to be grouped with something in the future. Since a lot of you are mentioning Pikmin 3, it seems like there's no issue on waiting for games.

How sure are you about that October Target deal? I would rather get Wii Party U, Pikmin 3 and Killer is Dead with B2G1.

Unicorn

My birthday is the day before.

That Zelda Wii U is amazing. If I get that, Pikmin, Wonderful, and Rayman I think I may actually want and love a Wii U.

What's happening!?

Fuck. I hope Target has all of that in stock on that Sunday if I go there... 460+ dollars though... Wind Waker HD, themed Wii U, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, and Rayman. man....

How sure are you about that October Target deal? I would rather get Wii Party U, Pikmin 3 and Killer is Dead with B2G1.

Target may or may not do one then. Toys R Us will and Best Buy is likely. Toys R Us has an annual B2G1 that takes place in October right before some of the big holiday titles get released. There's always a chance it won't happen this year, but it's been bankable for many years now.

The other thing to keep in mind is Target has a 90 day return policy. So say you do the Target deal but you only want one game. You could buy three games, return two of them and keep Pikmin 3 at $40. You can open it, play it, and enjoy it. Now come October when the sale does happen, you can always get Pikmin in a grouping in October, and then take that unopened copy back to Target for a refund.

Is GTA V one of the options?

This is a Wii U only sale. The all platform sale will take place in October.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hmm. This is a perfect opportunity to jump into the Wii U.

But I don't want to surrender my dosh to Nintendo yet
tumblr_lxuv0i7vFH1qaee3oo1_400.gif

Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 are must-haves for every Wii U owner.

Toki767

If Wind Waker HD were out in retail, I would bought bought that, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101. But since it's not, I'll have to pass on this deal.

If Wind Waker HD were out in retail, I would bought bought that, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101. But since it's not, I'll have to pass on this deal.

Or buy Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and some random third game and then return the random third game so you get the deal on those two games.

So after picking up Lego City and Monster Hunter for $20 in the Gamefly sale he's what I have for Wii U:

NSMBU, Sonic Racing Transformed, Zombi U, Tekken Tag 2, AC III, Warriors Orochi 3, Black Ops II, Arkham City, Darksiders II, Injustice (the first game I have ever sold, will get GOTY edition because way too much DLC), Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, Lego City Undercover and NSLU.

I have Wonderful 101 on preorder for $53.99 from Newegg but they take a little while to ship so I have some a little time.

The Target deal would cost me $127.20 with tax. What other games would I get with this deal? Sure Pikmin 3 is great but I still have the first two in my backlog, by the time I got to it it world've probably dropped in price. Game and Wario is only $40 so the discount would be smaller. Rabbids is only $30 online. I'll like to support Ubisoft and pick up one of their 2013 games at full price and the rest later at discount but Rayman and Splinter Cell don't interest me as much as Watch Dogs (which isn't that highly interesting to me) and I feel buying WD would have the best impact. Rayman is selling well on Wii U compared to other platforms while SC sold horrible on Wii U already. Should I just wait and skip the sale?

Does that returning one game and keeping the $20 discount for the rest really work? I know two have said it does.

Do used gamefly purchases come with the club nintendo vouchers? I've never tried this

IrishNinja

dammit...id jump at Pikmin 3 & W101, but Super Luigi U is only $30 anyway so that's no good. already preordered Zelda WW LE so that's gone, i guess i could do a placeholder till Super Mario 3D World or whatever drops, but by then i imagine there'll be another/better deal.

NEO0MJ

That's a really nice deal. For games I'd go:
-W101
-Pikmin 3
-Rayman Legends/ Zombie U/ NSMBU/ Monster Hunter 3/ Lego City Undercover

Proven

Already have Pikmin 3, and I don't think I can wait anymore for Wonderful 101.

Still have New Super Mario Bros U, Monster Hunter, and either Rayman or Nintendoland I could pick up.

Two copies of The Wonderful 101 (splitting it with a friend) and Monster Hunter 3G or Pikmin 3 for me. It will come out to $40 each.

Don't forget to use your target card for an extra 5% off.

Neifirst

For those considering ZombiU in this upcoming deal, it's currently only $30 at Best Buy and Amazon. I'm getting Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, and Resident Evil Revelations.

Top Bottom