• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28)

Do used gamefly purchases come with the club nintendo vouchers? I've never tried this

They said for the sale new cases (or maybe always I'm not a subscriber) and they appear to be new with instructions and everything in new condition. Lego City came with a Club Nintendo code, Monster Hunter didn't. I feel like Monster Hunter though was definitely a Club Nintendo game.

Anyone wondering which 3 games they should get:

W101 + Pikmin 3 + Rayman Legends

you're welcome
W101 and Rayman will end up really, really cheap if people wait. The best way to use sales like this is to use them to get free copies of first-party Nintendo games that will never have significant price drops or to buy two games that are already cheap to get a third cheap game free.

I want W101 but I can't think of a second or third game I want for the console that i don't already own. I've got Pikmin 3 and Luigi U digitally, and ZombiU & NSMBU physically. Blah. If only WWHD was out during the sale.

as I was soooo close to finally getting rid of my dusty WiiU.

Now I gotta get W101 and Rayman Legends ._.

is pikmin 3 good for someone who has never played or had any remote interest in the series? haha

hwy_61

Banned
as I was soooo close to finally getting rid of my dusty WiiU.

Now I gotta get W101 and Rayman Legends ._.

is pikmin 3 good for someone who has never played or had any remote interest in the series? haha

That's meeeee

Yes, but I highly recommend playing it with a Wii remote and nunchuck.

I never played Pikmin before and I thought it was a pretty good game. Not very long though, unless you're a completionist.
Edit: yes, good advice @ above post. Wiimote + Nunchuk is the way to go

bumpkin

Yes and no

Yes on eShop, no on retail (Oct 4)
Hmm... But will they have cards to buy WW digitally and will it be eligible? That's the question.

Rayman Legends and W101 are pretty much locks for me. I think maybe I'll do LEGO City for the third.

Tokieda

Yes, I had some of my friends try Pikmin for the first time a few weeks back - all of them liked it, and one of them is getting a WiiU now. Of course it depends on what genres you like, but it's hard to say since Pikmin is such a unique blend of genres. There's strategy, action, adventure... Miyamoto calls it an "action-management game". You should definitely check if out.

More precise, fluent controls.

Such a lame attempt of thread-shitting.
Not really. The Wii U is my primary system right now (the 360 and PS3 have been retired, and I have no plans to buy an Xbox One or PS4 this year or next), and I don't have anything I want to buy for this sale because I already have the small handful of games for the system I want. Unless someone is getting the system at around the same time as they participate in the sale, I think there's a decent chance that others are in the same boat.

radcliff

UGHH! Target usually does this in October, which would have been perfect since Zelda and Sonic would have been out. Since I'm getting W101 today, I would have gotten Zelda, Sonic, and Rayman. I think I will wait for when TRU or Best Buy eventually does their B2G1 deals.

olimpia84

I have two solid choices for this promotion (Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101) but I'm still unsure about the 3rd one. I'm considering Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist or RE: Revelations...or even returning a 3rd game for credit. Hmm decisions...

Himself

I have two solid choices for this promotion (Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101) but I'm still unsure about the 3rd one. I'm considering Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist or RE: Revelations...or even returning a 3rd game for credit. Hmm decisions...

Any particular reason you would not want Pikmin 3? It's pretty damn incredible.

I'm also struggling with what to get third. RL and W101 are guarantees. Not sure if I'll pick one to resell or get Game & Wario for kicks.

Fuck maybe I'll get an extra W101 and just give it to someone.

NEO0MJ

W101 and Rayman will end up really, really cheap if people wait. The best way to use sales like this is to use them to get free copies of first-party Nintendo games that will never have significant price drops or to buy two games that are already cheap to get a third cheap game free.

But the game could use all the support it could get. Besides, why wait to play what apears to be the Wii U's GOTY?

Unless someone is getting the system at around the same time as they participate in the sale, I think there's a decent chance that others are in the same boat.

Yeah, I myself wouldn't be able to get much use of this deal.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
For people looking to buy the system, I would highly recommend using this promotion to buy first party titles. The 3rd party stuff drops pretty quickly.

Oersted

Not really. The Wii U is my primary system right now (the 360 and PS3 have been retired, and I have no plans to buy an Xbox One or PS4 this year or next), and I don't have anything I want to buy for this sale because I already have the small handful of games for the system I want. Unless someone is getting the system at around the same time as they participate in the sale, I think there's a decent chance that others are in the same boat.

Look up his post-history. He wouldnt bother the WiiU lineup even if his life would depend on it.

Futureman

When do the stores run this promo for all the systems typically? Doesn't it happen every year?

I really want to do it for 3DS. DKCR, Mario/Luigi Dream Team.... and... maybe Mario Kart or Luigi's Mansion.

Neifirst

When do the stores run this promo for all the systems typically? Doesn't it happen every year?

I really want to do it for 3DS. DKCR, Mario/Luigi Dream Team.... and... maybe Mario Kart or Luigi's Mansion.

Toys R Us typically does a buy 2 get 1 in either the first or second week of October. Best Buy has done them for 3DS at least two or three times in the past couple years, I think last November is the most recent.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So, for 420 bucks I could get:

1) Wii U with WW HD
2) NSMBU
3) Pikmin
4) W1011

On the same day? Might be hard to say no to that.. maybe pick up a One next year.

Any cheap games worth piling on? Luigi Bros, Monster Hunter + ??? for 80 bucks?

Tony91

So, for 420 bucks I could get:

1) Wii U with WW HD
2) NSMBU
3) Pikmin
4) W1011

On the same day? Might be hard to say no to that.. maybe pick up a One next year.

Any cheap games worth piling on? Luigi Bros, Monster Hunter + ??? for 80 bucks?

Luigi U, Monster Hunter + Zombie U, you can't go wrong ;)

Yeah, I would be interested in NSMBU and Pikmin 3 for that very reason. After that, I dunno. Either W101, Monster Hunter or LEGO City: Undercover, of which all three will end up cheap one day.

Volcynika

I really want W101 today soooooo maybe I'll figure out something to get next week. Rayman, Pikmin, and something else if I do go for the deal.

It's 100% true. I've done it plenty of times. You'll see on your receipt that each game has a return value and each is the prorated discount. So make sure you maximize the discount by buying games that are all the same price. You'll get a refund in the form of the method you paid.
I'm interested in getting 101 for a friend as a birthday gift. Going off what you said, I can buy it with two random $60 games, then just return the other 2 for $80 and get 101 for $40, right? The return would be on my credit card and not store credit or anything like that?

Also, can you buy more than one copy of a game? I may instead go in with 2 friends on getting 3 copies of 101.

NEO0MJ

Is it worth the extra theoretical 60 bucks for Rayman on Wii U, compared to the Steam version?

I guess you might enjoy the extra Wii U features and content. It should be noted that there's really no difference graphically between the console versions of the game (I think?).

Frodo

For people looking to buy the system, I would highly recommend using this promotion to buy first party titles. The 3rd party stuff drops pretty quickly.

This is useful advice.

I've played Pikmin 3 and TW101 and these two games are definitely must buys. As for the third game, I would recommend Rayman Legends, if you want to play it now. It is definitely worth the full price, as it is packed with content. But if you don't own NSMBU, it is less likelly this game will be available for cheap any time soon, so... Choices, though choices.

If I may recommend other games that are not on the flyer, Lego City Undercover is a great open world game with tons of collectables. Very funny game, as well. And ZombiU is probably one of the best survival horror game released recently. If you like the genre it is definitely worth a try. Alternatively, there is always MH3U.

RE:R is a nice port. Best RE since the RE4, which is not saying much, but it is a nice game, nonetheless. There is still Most Wanted U. Best version of the game, since they didn't release the DLC for it (how ironical), but I guess you could find it for cheap now.

But, please, do yourself a favour and consider Pikmin3 and TW101.

nbthedude

Cool, just gotta find two Wii U games worth getting.
Three and seems impossible for me personally sonce I already played Rayman on PC and finished NSMBU.

I am just not into the idea of paying $40 for a slightly higher res version of a 10 year old Zelda game, even though it is my favorite one since Link to the Past.

Too bad this isnt happening after Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong come out.

nbthedude

Is it worth the extra theoretical 60 bucks for Rayman on Wii U, compared to the Steam version?
I personally dont think so. I bought the Steam version instead and I am glad I did. It is more of a pure platformer and the Murphy stuff being a bit more automated (no swiping poking or rubbing) just means you get to keep focused on the platforming and timing.

The one fair exception is probably if you have a casual gamer/significant other who would be into doing the murphy stuff. For solo play, I'd buy it on Steam. Cheaper and higher resolution.

Regardless, though, just play it. It is brilliant.

Kolgar

Ha, I got so excited I ran out this morning to buy my games.

Obviously, a week early, but got them anyway so I have them. Will adjust price next week.

Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Rayman Legends

Super-happy-funtime haul!

This is useful advice.

I've played Pikmin 3 and TW101 and these two games are definitely must buys. As for the third game, I would recommend Rayman Legends, if you want to play it now. It is definitely worth the full price, as it is packed with content. But if you don't own NSMBU, it is less likelly this game will be available for cheap any time soon, so... Choices, though choices.

If I may recommend other games that are not on the flyer, Lego City Undercover is a great open world game with tons of collectables. Very funny game, as well. And ZombiU is probably one of the best survival horror game released recently. If you like the genre it is definitely worth a try. Alternatively, there is always MH3U.

RE:R is a nice port. Best RE since the RE4, which is not saying much, but it is a nice game, nonetheless. There is still Most Wanted U. Best version of the game, since they didn't release the DLC for it (how ironical), but I guess you could find it for cheap now.

But, please, do yourself a favour and consider Pikmin3 and TW101.

I like this post.

spookyfish

For those considering ZombiU in this upcoming deal, it's currently only $30 at Best Buy and Amazon. I'm getting Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, and Resident Evil Revelations.

No Target in my area has Revelations for Wii U. They have it for the other systems. Just as they dont have Splinter Cell for Wii U. It's online only. Check before you go.

Top Bottom