• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28)

bumpkin

Hmm... With having snagged LEGO City Undercover for $25 from NewEgg the other day, one of the three games I was going to snag has been checked off. Now I'm not sure I even want to bother checking into the sale. Maybe instead of rushing out to Target, I'll leave it to chance and see what happens. If they have three games I want by the time I get there, I'll bite. If they don't, I won't.

The current trio I'm considering now is W101, Rayman Legends and MHU.

Exile20

Looks like Ubisoft will benefit from Wind Waker missing this window. Gonna go for Rayman, Pikmin, and W101.

WWHD can seller fine on its own. It allows games like TW101 and rayman to sell more.

Hmm... With having snagged LEGO City Undercover for $25 from NewEgg the other day, one of the three games I was going to snag has been checked off. Now I'm not sure I even want to bother checking into the sale. Maybe instead of rushing out to Target, I'll leave it to chance and see what happens. If they have three games I want by the time I get there, I'll bite. If they don't, I won't.

Do you need anymore reason? Those games are fantastic reasons and when you calculate they would be $40 a piece, it is a no brainer.

Can't really afford 120 right now. Any good 30 dollar options? Luigi probably. Is Lego City that price? And would still need a third.

I personally would recommend getting the following:

Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Zombi U/ Wonderful 101 ( depending on what you fancy)

Nintendoland is also essential for multiplayer fun, screens and videos make it look like an average mini game collection but it really is amazing.

Monster Hunter and Sonic Transformed are also well worth picking up on the cheap.

This is not a good game for this sale. Zombi U can be had for $20 easily these days. You'd be wasting potential savings.

You don't need three games that you want. You can return any unwanted games and the other two games will still be had at the sale price.

olimpia84

Just came back from Target with the following: Pikmin 3, W101 and Rayman Legends. I got both the last copies of W101 and Rayman; they apparently have low stock for these items so act quick.

adg1034

So, good news: if you price match at Best Buy, you can get a download code for Wind Waker HD as one of your three games. It's listed at $60, unfortunately, but when you pair it with, say, The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3, the price doesn't really matter. My copy of Wind Waker's downloading right now, so if you want it early (and at a discount), now's your chance.

(I know people have been selling their WWHD codes in the buy/sell/trade thread for ~$40, and I definitely thought about Rayman as my third, but I really think I'd rather play that on PC.)

I already have the games I want including Pikmin 3. But I have yet to buy Wonderful 101 and I want Rayman Legends. There's nothing else I want and Wind Waker HD doesn't come out in another 2 weeks. Why couldn't this deal be made then?! I'm thinking of getting gift receipts and using it to exchange the 3rd game I don't want for WW.

Aw crap, there's only Game and Wario that I'd want today. I could wait for Scribblenauts but I don't think they'll have a third I'll want. I'll look on Tuesday.

malfcn

I really hope these BOGO sales continue with PS4/XB1.

Don't have a WiiU, but BOGO is always a good time to stock up.

I got W101, Pikimin 3 and Mario U. Luckily I got the last copies of W101 and Mario my store had. MH3 was apparently out of stock as well though I already have that. The employee I talked to said everybody was picking the same combo I was. My mind's battle of choosing between Rayman and Mario was a fierce one. I have to hand it to Nintendo though. Their insistence of never dropping the MSRP of their titles certainly makes decisions like these go in their favor.

Tenck

Super tempted on that Zelda WiiU. Could probably sell my Vita (importing Vita TV) and lighten the cost just a bit.

I visited my local Target up here in Winnipeg but the deal isn't there. I'm going to go ahead and assume we don't get the deal in Canada :(

A shame, as I want to get Luigi U and W101 at some point.

Well, I did my part!

IMG_20130922_161526_439_zps5a00bfd6.jpg

If you can't find the games you want, remember you can price match at Best Buy and get reward zone points as well. But if you have a target card you get another 5% off for buying it at Target.

I went this morning and got:
Disney Infinity
Wonderful 101
Splinter Cell Blacklist

With Wind Waker coming out soon, I'm going to have quite a Wii U backlog.

Neiteio

I went and picked up The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends and ZOMBI U. I was surprised to see how much Target has changed its layout since I was there last (several months ago?).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just letting you guys know, you can price match games and the coupon will still apply. I price matched Pikmin 3 since it is cheaper on amazon (49.99) and the dude rung it up as 40. Awesome dude.

Got Pikmin 3, Game and wario, and New Super Luigi U. Game and Wario's not as bad as the rap it's gotten, not the BEST but for the price I got it, I can justify owning it.

sphagnum

Banned
Got Pikmin 3, Rayman, and The Wonderful 101. My friend tried to go buy a Wii U and some games, but they were all sold out of the console (due to the price drop?) so he got a 3DS with Fire Emblem and Ocarina 3D instead.

It's the only WiiU game I want that I didn't already have, so I might as well get it for free instead of $20.

It's not free though. It's at best 33% off every game, and worse if you don't get games all the same price. So you paid $40 a game assuming they were all $60 each. If you return ZombiU to Target, you'll get $40 back and you can buy it from Best Buy for $20. You'll save $20. So yes, you're throwing money away if you don't.

jmizzal

Do yourself a favor and return Zombi U. Get it here for $20:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ZombiU+...18690247387&skuId=5743611&st=zombiu&lp=1&cp=1

Otherwise you're throwing money away.

He got it for free how is he throwing money away lol

edit nvm I see what your saying, take it back get the money and buy it from BB

Well, I did my part!

If you can't find the games you want, remember you can price match at Best Buy and get reward zone points as well. But if you have a target card you get another 5% off for buying it at Target.

What are you gonna do with those other copies of The Wonderful 101?

Neiteio

It's not free though. It's at best 33% off every game, and worse if you don't get games all the same price. So you paid $40 a game assuming they were all $60 each. If you return ZombiU to Target, you'll get $40 back and you can buy it from Best Buy for $20. You'll save $20. So yes, you're throwing money away if you don't.
Hmm, well I haven't opened it yet, so I may do that.

tornjaw

It's the only WiiU game I want that I didn't already have, so I might as well get it for free instead of $20.

Or get one of the other games that retails for 60$ sell it off for anything more than 20$ and purchase ZombiU. You made a profit and you have the game you want.

Hmm, well I haven't opened it yet, so I may do that.

If you look at your receipt, it'll say what the return value for that game is. Subtract $20 from it and that's how much you'll get back. There's no reason not to get money back. You could even buy it from Best Buy, play the one you have now and take the one that comes from Best Buy back to Target.

Bracket

Split 3 ways with my brothers since they just got a Wind Waker Wii U. We got Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and NSMBU. Taking 101 back home with me. We'll eventually trade between us.

Picked Up Rayman, Pikmin & W101 along with WW HD code (w/historia for $35) today. Wii U software is coming together. If only launch window looked anything like this.

Well, I did my part!

So you're going to return the 2 extra copies and get a refund of $80 back right?

For those that are having trouble finding a group of three and are multiplatform owners, there will be a B2G1 free in October across all systems. You could do the trick to just return the ones you don't want, but if you want something on another system, you might want to hold off and save a game or two to be grouped with something in the future. Since a lot of you are mentioning Pikmin 3, it seems like there's no issue on waiting for games.

How sure are you that theres gonna be another one in October?

Exile20

Got Pikmin 3, Rayman, and The Wonderful 101. My friend tried to go buy a Wii U and some games, but they were all sold out of the console (due to the price drop?) so he got a 3DS with Fire Emblem and Ocarina 3D instead.

Oh man there was no other electronic stores around? Bestbuy, Kmart, etc?

Oh well, the 3ds is a great choice also with those games.

God why couldn't Zelda be out now?

I'll just wait for the next sale. Honestly I have to beat GTA 5, put another hundred hours or so on MH3U, and buy and play The last of us and Tomb Raider.

Not to mention all the games coming out in the next few months.

SCReuter

Picked up New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.

I priced matched the first two games with Amazon to knock off an additional ten dollars and used Target's REDcard to save 5% on the overall purchase. The total cost came out to be $104.48.

TL21xx

Banned
Just got back from Target. Picked up Wonderful 101, Disney Infinity and Monster Hunter Ultimate. Had a 10% off coupon they sent me as a sort of "Welcome to Austin" gift, so I used that in combination with the Target debit 5% discount. Picked up Super Luigi U while we were there, excited to try that one out soon as well. Great deal!

Picked up New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.

I priced matched the first two games with Amazon to knock off an additional ten dollars and used Target's REDcard to save 5% on the overall purchase. The total cost came out to be $104.48.

I can print out the cheaper Amazon prices and they'll actually price-match them?

...Does every place do this?

Really hoping they'll have stuff left, I don't get paid until Friday and I wanted to pick up the new Scribblenauts as one of my games. But, assuming they don't sell out or get another shipment before then and all my choices are there Of these four which would you guys suggest?

- Wonderful 101 (definitely buying unless something crazy happens)
- Scribblenauts Unmasked
- Rayman Legends
- NSMB U (I have Super Weegee U, cause dat green case)

I may be able to pick up some of the other games cheaper elsewhere, as in the ones I can find used and junk. But we haven't had New Super Mario or Scribblenauts Unlimited traded in yet which is outrageous. Also, if anybody can think of anything else I'd be glad to give it a shot. Though I already have: Pikmin, Game&Wario, MH3U, Warriors Orochi 3, Sonic Racing, and Nintendo Land along with Weege U. Any good 3rd party games that aren't Zombi U? Checked it out and while it wasn't awful it was far from good in my humble opinion.

Top Bottom