• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would name, shame and negative feedback his sorryass if that was a response to me.

That's not even the end of it, when I messaged him after that saying why should I wait when other gaffers have given refunds to their buyers already. His response was "Maybe other gaffers got it for free, I didn't"

This guy does not seem to get that I'm entitled to a refund from him regardless if he gets one from his supplier.

Varg

Banned
WTS
Xbox one S 1 TB system (white). Excellent condition
Xbox one white controller
Call of duty world at war physical copy
(280.00) plus shipping

WTS
Custom Nvidia Gaming PC
i7 6700k CPU
980Ti GPU
32GB Ram
Windows 10
2TB HDD
256GB SDD
Z170 Deluxe Mobo
AOC 2460G5 GSYNC monitor
Razor Deathadder
Razor Deathstalker
SteelSeries mouse pad
Xbox 360 Windows wireless controller with adapter
Logitech Webcam
(1300 OBO)

*Local pickup also available for both (North NJ) (PM me for pictures)

New002

That's not even the end of it, when I messaged him after that saying why should I wait when other gaffers have given refunds to their buyers already. His response was "Maybe other gaffers got it for free, I didn't"

This guy does not seem to get that I'm entitled to a refund from him regardless if he gets one from his supplier.

Yup. Doesn't matter. You are owed your refund ASAP.

Invis

Really need this stuff gone ASAP to foot a bill so hit me up and we'll talk.

WTS: Xbox One 500GB - Comes with Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, and Destiny. All physical games. Comes with everything that came in the original box as well. Only thing to know is that the rumble motors from the controller are removed. They stopped working for some reason so I took them out to make the controller lighter. - $180 shipped

Amazon Fire TV Stick - Comes with the orignal box and all cables and everything - $30 shipped

I have a huge list of old games I'm getting rid of here. Too long to post so I have them in a Google Sheet viewable here. PM me if you're interested in something. I'm willing to let everything on here go for pretty cheap since there's nothing really good at all in here and it's taking up way too much room. So PM me and I know we can work something out.

Hey guys. As you might imagine, we have yet again been asked to moderate a thread that we make clear in the first post that we can't and don't moderate. This is really starting to be an issue. Every month or two we're asked to resolve disputed business here. This is not our job and people should not be relying on us to do it. I am glad that it seems that a number of people are getting refunds, but we shouldn't be put in a position where we are forced to follow up and figure out who got refunds and who didn't.

To offer some advice that really should be obvious:
- Assume by default that software or game keys are shady. If you are getting a serious discount on software, it's because someone is exploiting a loophole somewhere. Maybe it's cross-region buying, maybe it's a temporary price error, maybe it's exploiting some web glitch, maybe it's a bundle key being resold in arbitrage, maybe it's a spare key from a video card, maybe it's an obvious scam, maybe it's stolen. But there's no such thing as a free ride and if you're buying something in this product category you need to be ready to lose your shirt.

- If you care about not being scammed, find out the provenance of the keys. Honest sellers should be able to be honest about where they got their key. We don't require that sellers say how they got the key, but as a buyer consider looking for that information. If someone is reselling a spare key they got after buying a video card, it's almost certainly safe. If someone is selling 50 keys they got from exploiting a checkout glitch on a site, hmm, I wonder if those might get revoked. Labadal, just a few posts above, does the honest thing by pointing out exactly the provenance of what s/he's selling, and I think that makes me feel more comfortable believing that the keys are real. The fact that so few people ask their seller (because they'd rather just get the game for cheap, reason be damned) suggests that this is primarily a demand-side issue, not a supply-side issue.

- Feedback is the primary mechanism for resolving disputes. Moderation is not the primary mechanism for resolving disputes. If someone sells 50 keys and they get revoked and they won't refund, the correct response is to file 50 negative feedbacks against the user. What's the first line in the OP and why do you think it's there?

This should put an end to the discussion. Maybe even put in the OP! Thank you!

Soulflarz

Banned
This should put an end to the discussion. Maybe even put in the OP! Thank you!

Yep~
Kinda sucks that one day we're all going to eat a crazy hit as a community to line one guys wallet (30-45 x 20 probably) , but hey, we've all gotten enough great deals in the past to hopefully offset that

someone stop me from buying gears at $40 help
edit:
WTB VIP pass for forza horizon 3 $5? Flexible!
(I have no idea what these error'd at, just offering what I'd value it at)

WTS:

EVGA GTX 780: Working, Used in Box, everything you see here(no cables):
Parts Picker GTX 780

2t8fKEtl.jpg
= $85+shipping

Retrode 2 and Dolphin Bar Non Seperatable Emulation Lot:
Retrode 2: Working, Used in Box with cable and instruction sheet.
Dolphin Bar: Working, No Box, No Stand, No Firmware CD, cable already attached, and includes functions/operation booklet. Firmware can be downloaded here.
retrode.org
Mayflash Dolphin Bar

pHVMOlCl.jpg
= $55+shipping

Prices negotiable, no international sales, US only, Paypal only.

Adry9

Hey guys. As you might imagine, we have yet again been asked to moderate a thread that we make clear in the first post that we can't and don't moderate. This is really starting to be an issue. Every month or two we're asked to resolve disputed business here. This is not our job and people should not be relying on us to do it. I am glad that it seems that a number of people are getting refunds, but we shouldn't be put in a position where we are forced to follow up and figure out who got refunds and who didn't.

- Assume by default that software or game keys are shady. If you are getting a serious discount on software, it's because someone is exploiting a loophole somewhere. Maybe it's cross-region buying, maybe it's a temporary price error, maybe it's exploiting some web glitch, maybe it's a bundle key being resold in arbitrage, maybe it's a spare key from a video card, maybe it's an obvious scam, maybe it's stolen. But there's no such thing as a free ride and if you're buying something in this product category you need to be ready to lose your shirt.

- If you care about not being scammed, find out the provenance of the keys. Honest sellers should be able to be honest about where they got their key. We don't require that sellers say how they got the key, but as a buyer consider looking for that information. If someone is reselling a spare key they got after buying a video card, it's almost certainly safe. If someone is selling 50 keys they got from exploiting a checkout glitch on a site, hmm, I wonder if those might get revoked. Labadal, just a few posts above, does the honest thing by pointing out exactly the provenance of what s/he's selling, and I think that makes me feel more comfortable believing that the keys are real. The fact that so few people ask their seller (because they'd rather just get the game for cheap, reason be damned) suggests that this is primarily a demand-side issue, not a supply-side issue.

- Feedback is the primary mechanism for resolving disputes. Moderation is not the primary mechanism for resolving disputes. If someone sells 50 keys and they get revoked and they won't refund, the correct response is to file 50 negative feedbacks against the user. What's the first line in the OP and why do you think it's there?

THIS

Yep~
Kinda sucks that one day we're all going to eat a crazy hit as a community to line one guys wallet (30-45 x 20 probably) , but hey, we've all gotten enough great deals in the past to hopefully offset that

someone stop me from buying gears at $40 help

Don't pay for codes that you're wary about or pay full price. When that shit was going down, I had zero intention of paying 40. Anyhow, I'm glad a mod finally cleared it up. We're all responsible for our purchases and we can let feedback handle the rest.

Still WTB: Forza Horizon 3 Play Anywhere code (heard there was a pricing snafu somewhere and wanna get in on the action) - $35-$40

E: missed one last night because sleep, but still interested :)

batrush

SELLING

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2016 (PS4) -- $60

Omega Labyrinth (Vita) -- $50

Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition Kanzenban (DS) -- $45

Dragon Quest Builders (JP, Vita) -- $40
Gundam Breaker 2 (JP, Vita) -- $40
IA/VT Colorful (JP, Vita) -- $45
Jump Ultimate Stars (JP, DS) -- $20
Jump Super Stars (JP, DS) -- $15
Ys Memories of Celceta (NA, Vita) -- $35

Plus seller. Accepting PayPal. Only shipping to the continental U.S.

WTB

PS Vita 64 GB Memory card

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Well, then. That clarifies a lot about the BST community for me. Onto a new frontier for some of us, then, and let's get back to business.

WTS

Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collectors for PS4: $475 shipped.

5117500_rd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Sony PlayStation VR preorder from BestBuy
: $550 shipped.

The O-K has to fund emergency expenses sale!

WTS

Majora's Mask Edition NN3DS XL - $260 shipped

It's new in box, never opened. I got it from the Nintendo World here in NYC, and unfortunately they do not seal the boxes, but outside of that, it's new.

$37.50 Best Buy gift card - $35

As usual, PayPal gift or buyer pays fees.

Lucario

Selling Madden 17 code w/ 7 pro packs for $35. From the 1TB bundle. Can take pics of the code cards (or my xbone bundle receipt) if you want to clear up any potential shadiness.

Willing to trade for other codes, depending on what you have.

Geneijin

For Sale
$10 PlayStation Steo Gift Card codes (x12) - $9 each
$20 PlayStation Store Gift Card codes (x4) - $18 each.

Price is firm.

I haven't sold on here in awhile, but I am a platinum seller. I accept Paypal only and prices include shipping in the US unless otherwise noted. If I don't have images linked for an item yet, PM me and I can take some for you.

WTS:

-Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Fight Stick for PS2/Xbox: $75 + shipping to you, I no longer have the original box or the included poster, but I do still have the manual. The stick itself is in perfect condition (images)
-Fishing Resort + bundled fishing controller shell (Wii) : $45, I do not have the original cardboard box from the bundle. (images)
-R: Racing Evolution + Pac Man Vs. (GC): $7, game discs are fine but the case is a little beat up. (images)
-1080 Avalanche (GC): $7 (images)
-Typing of the Dead + keyboard (DC): $50 + shipping to you, keyboard is loose, but clean and in great condition.
-Thunderforce V (PS1): $30, disc only. I got a deal on this at a pawn shop because the disc was scratched up pretty bad. I had it resurfaced, and while it's not pretty I have put a lot of time into the game with no issues at all.
-Detana TwinBee Yahho! Deluxe Pack (Saturn): $20, Japan import
-U.N. Squadron (SNES): $17, cart only
-Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Master System): $22, Box, but no manual. (images)
-Backlight modded Game Boy Advance AGB-001: $120, works great, has a couple very slight marks on the screen, but not noticeable enough that I could even get a picture of them:
55fB9E6l.jpg

Ckmhtdzl.jpg

K2eEfgDl.jpg

I would also do trades for any of the above items. I'm looking primarily for the following:

-Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii U)
-Raiden V (XB1) physical version
-Metal Slug 4 & 5 (Xbox)
-Japanese PS2 Slim
-Dynamite Cop! (DC)
-Die Hard Arcade (Saturn)
-NeGcon controller
-F-Zero X (N64)
-X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)
-Super Game Boy 2 (SNES)
-Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (GB)
-Ninja Gaiden Shadow (GB)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Well, then. That clarifies a lot about the BST community for me. Onto a new frontier for some of us, then, and let's get back to business.

WTS

Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collectors for PS4: $475 shipped.

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/5117/5117500_rd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642[/]
[url=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vr/5117500.p?skuId=5117500]
Sony PlayStation VR preorder from BestBuy[/url]: $550 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Now I know who was buying Neoak's FF LE.

Fireblend

Banned
WTS

Zero Time Dilemma Preorder Bonus Watch (No Game)
- $30
Ships directly from Amazon

I accept Paypal, Amazon gift cards or Nintendo eShop credit as payment :p

Also willing to trade, so feel free to send me any offers.

Sarcasm

I hope this is allowed. but somebody is interested in my PSN card. I should wait for the payment first and then send, right? Like a typical game selling transaction?

Wads

Banned
WTS (US Only - west coast preferred) -- PM me an offer.

PS4 System 500 GB - Includes system, 1 controller, HDMI cord, and power plug

The system itself is perfect. There is some very minor scuffing on the top of the console from items being placed on top of it (the top black part where the PS logo is).

Soulflarz

Banned
Just as a warning, you might want to wait a bit until things get sorted out with the gears codes. (or was this a joke post? If so - oops.)

well
I asked NVIDIA support
"Sorry for any inconvenience, codes from Amazon have been temporarily disabled , we are currently investigating the issue, , all valid / legitimate codes would be reactivated , would request you to try redeeming the code at a later time"

(that means nothing in reality and you're probably good to buy)

Have

Minecraft Xbox One Code (Includes the Favorites Pack and the Builder's Pack)

Want

$25 or best offer. I'd be willing to take Paypal, Amazon, or Gamestop credit.

cvltclassic

Neo Member
Looking to sell:

Grand Theft Auto V - Rockstar Social Club key - $30

I just bought this 5 minutes ago on GreenManGaming and didn't realize Steam was the only place selling Steam keys before I pulled the trigger. It's going to bug me to not have the Steam version (I realize I can add non-Steam products to Steam), so I'll take the couple dollar hit to wait for a better deal on a Steam key.

WTS FIFA 17 digital code (Xbox One)

£30 ONO (PayPal, gift or buyer pays fees)

Will also throw in the 1 month ea access code and 14 day live Gold membership.

webkatt

WTB VIP pass for forza horizon 3 $5? Flexible!
(I have no idea what these error'd at, just offering what I'd value it at)

Lol. I made a very similar post but it was buried due to the ongoing discussion. I don't know what exactly the VIP pass does but I want it!

Adry9

I'd also take a Forza VIP code for $5.

SLEIhbg.png

WTS

8b07875633d9d8a63aa346eedbbca59d28022f0b.png

WASTED - $4
Starward Rogue - $3
The Red Solstice - $3
Planet of the Eyes - $2
Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack - $2
Random Access Murder - $1
Town of Salem - $1