• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Caitlyn Jenner Shows Support for Ted Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

stunning and brave

MartialPonders.png

gamz

Pretty sad really...

It's sad because since she's rich and famous she's not speaking for the people who aren't.

It's all sunshine and roses for herself.....It's just sad. Not in touch with the reality or herself or others when the idiot needs to be.

CoryCubed

Ugh. Meanwhile, how about the real world, where us Transpeople without money are forced to choose between transition and school. Struggling to afford hormones and therapy, let alone anything else. Those struggling to tell their families or those that have been abandoned by them.

Trying to keep our heads above water so maybe just maybe one day our transition will be complete, before we kill ourselves or get murdered being found out in a bathroom.

At least with the Democrats in place there's a chance for hope. Laws to protect us, not push us back into hiding. Healthcare that could help with those expensive surgeries and counseling sessions, once you get through that it's really maintenance and more manageable, even at a lower income. Education assistance so you can get a degree. Then you can cover more of your own transition expense and find that career, instead of resorting to adult films or crime.

Combine all that and we all, not just the rich, have a chance to become complete. Pass like we never were XX or XY. No more suicides. No more murders. We become something. Productive members of society who will reinvest in that system tenfold through stability and work.

Sure as hell won't happen with Ted Cruz.

gamz

Ugh. Meanwhile, how about the real world, where us Transpeople without money are forced to choose between transition and school. Struggling to afford hormones and therapy, let alone anything else. Those struggling to tell their families or those that have been abandoned by them.

Trying to keep our heads above water so maybe just maybe one day our transition will be complete, before we kill ourselves or get murdered being found out in a bathroom.

At least with the Democrats in place there's a chance for hope. Laws to protect us, not push us back into hiding. Healthcare that could help with those expensive surgeries and counseling sessions, once you get through that it's really maintenance and more manageable, even at a lower income. Education assistance so you can get a degree. Then you can cover more of your own transition expense and find that career, instead of resorting to adult films or crime.

Combine all that and we all, not just the rich have a chance to become complete. Pass like we never were XX or XY. No more suicides. No more murders. We become something. Productive members of society who will reinvest in that system tenfold through stability and work.

This.

Ambient80

Combine all that and we all, not just the rich, have a chance to become complete. Pass like we never were XX or XY. No more suicides. No more murders. We become something. Productive members of society who will reinvest in that system tenfold through stability and work.

I swear she acts like being able to make the switch is a privilege only for rich people, as if poor or even middle class folks aren't suffering even worse than she did. Almost like "Well yeah, I can pay for the therapies and look great and be happy. But you other, less fortunate people? Pff, get lost."

JDB

Banned
I swear she acts like being able to make the switch is a privilege only for rich people, as if poor or even middle class folks aren't suffering even worse than she did. Almost like "Well yeah, I can pay for the therapies and look great and be happy. But you other, less fortunate people? Pff, get lost."

We don't exist to rich people so it makes sense.

Keri

I really don't understand her. I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot I don't understand about being trans, but I firmly believe that all people deserve respect and to be treated kindly. I can't understand how she could be a member of such a marginalized group and not prioritize them politically.

In addition to that, she's previously spoken out against gay marriage, but she's recently indicated she's open to dating men in the future. So no matter how she views herself or views her past, she must have had an attraction to both sexes her whole life. So how could she view homosexual marriage negatively?

Her politics seems so contrary to her life and who she is.

Platy

I really don't understand her. I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot I don't understand about being trans, but I firmly believe that all people deserve respect and to be treated kindly. I can't understand how she could be a member of such a marginalized group and not prioritize them politically.

In addition to that, she's previously spoken out against gay marriage, but she's recently indicated she's open to dating men in the future. So no matter how she views herself or views her past, she must have had an attraction to both sexes her whole life. So how could she view homosexual marriage negatively?

Her politics seems so contrary to her life and who she is.

She has proven more than once that she is not very smart

I'm not surprised that she is this out of touch with the reality of her situation. This is the person that also said that the hardest part about being a woman is "figuring out what to wear". I mean, come on.

Jenner reveals she met Cruz prior to her transition, more than a year ago, “and he was very nice.”

Uh, I'm betting Cruz's opinion of you has changed, Caitlyn.

GorillaJu

Well they've both undergone significant surgical operations, Caitlyn to complete the male to female transition, Cruz to transition from Zodiac Killer to Republican candidate.

entremet

She revealed this recently as well.

Caitlyn Jenner says she gets more 'flak' for being a Republican than trans

It's hard out here for a Republican, according to Caitlyn Jenner.

While speaking at the University of Pennsylvania on Wednesday, Billy Penn reports that Jenner gave an interesting response when asked why she wasn't a Democrat.

“I have gotten more flak for being a conservative Republican than I have for being trans.”

You might remember Jenner's appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show back in September when the host kind of challenged Jenner on her political views. Jenner admitted her conservative thoughts on gay marriage have evolved.

Rich people are apparently above social issues. Or at least her taxes are more important than being trans, and having acceptance.

Soooooooo rich person votes to improve their bottom line. Everything else is nothing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So she's basically a trans uncle tom, then?
Yep.

Never bought into the PR storm representing her as a trans icon. No thanks. She understands absolutely nothing about the average trans struggles & hardships, and actively supports people who hate us the most on top of that. She has the money to not care. Most of us don't.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sad, but as someone who is considering doing what she did I'm not too worried about her being someone I'll always be compared to---it's as inane as comparing all cis women to Kris Jenner, and hopefully people realize that. Still, I have to admit I'm very hesitant to tell my parents since my mom absolutely hates Caitlyn Jenner even more than the rest of the Kardashians---though since she's a Republican herself maybe this'll actually win her over in a way. :/

Dai101

Banned
Rich people are apparently above social issues. Or at least her taxes are more important than being trans, and having acceptance.

Soooooooo rich person votes to improve their bottom line. Everything else is nothing.

Rich people are above anything it seems.

So she's basically a trans uncle tom, then?

icecold

Whats next, Latinos supporting Trump?

sob

I'm sure there's lots of the "good ones".

Wait, why was Beth banned?

wildfire

Banned
if we dont have a country, we dont have trans issues...

She's not wrong...

I'm one to take things too literally but even I understood her subtext. She's saying you can't put social issues ahead of economic/survival issues. She should be attacked for assuming Obama has been increasing debt when in reality under his presidency the deficit was reversed in 6 years just as much as it did during Bill Clinton's reign in 4 years.

It's Bush's and to specific extent Clinton's fault that the deficit Obama inherited was so large he didn't end up with a surplus before his presidency ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom