• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Caitlyn Jenner Shows Support for Ted Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caitlyn Jenner doesn't care about Trans people.

That's not a joke either. She's too rich to give a fuck about anyone's struggles.

Ferrio

Banned
Caitlyn Jenner doesn't care about Trans people.

That's not a joke either. She's too rich to give a fuck about anyone's struggles.

My girlfriend watches her show. I caught a piece were she was on a bus doing a roadtrip with a bunch of other transgender people. Man they were grilling her hard on her stances, and she just kept wanting to wave it away. That must be extremely frustrating.

Ms.Galaxy

The worst of it is that she got hers before she came out, so she can't even say that being trans hasn't hurt her because she became invulnerable well before she was openly trans.

Yup, and the rest of us will continue to be dragged down by her idiocy because the media's "so brave" agenda and making her the spotlight of transgender rights.

"Jenner has so much support and she's heavily praised, you trans people have it easy." - an ex-friend from a few months ago.

Yup, and the rest of us will continue to be dragged down by her idiocy because the media's "so brave" agenda and making her the spotlight of transgender rights.

"Jenner has so much support and she's heavily praised, you trans people have it easy." - an ex-friend from a few months ago.

What an absurd person. It requires some pretty severe ignorance to hold such a perspective.

Replicant

Either she's a dumbass or she's a very selfish POS who doesn't give a fuck of how much problem the rest of LGBT people are going to be under Cruz' leadership because she's rich and won't be affected.

I'm thinking the later. After all, she is against gay marriage. She probably thinks she's a special snowflake that the public adores. Who cares about others?

Drencrom

Either she's a dumbass or she's a very selfish POS who doesn't give a fuck of how much problem the rest of LGBT people are going to be under Cruz' leadership because she's rich and won't be affected.

I'm thinking the later. After all, she is against gay marriage. She probably thinks she's a special snowflake that the public adores. Who cares about others?

She's both.

Good for her. Never liked the shit log cabin republicans got and can't say 'm a fan of the " Unle Tom " accusations. Minorities aren't single-issue voters and it's dismaying to see the left trying to redue a person wholly to their sexuality when it comes to their Political views, when in every other arena that would be seen as hateful.

I mean, to be clear, I hate Cruz as much as the next coastal degenerate, but the ability of GLBT people to be fully rounded human beings rather than stereostypes is kinda important to me, and it doesnt make it any better when it's the left that's standing in the way of that goal.

Exactly. Cruz does not care about the liberty/life of trans people and is willing to marginalize from every angle.

If America ceases to exist economically it's due to global warming. Jenner viewpoints are just intolerable on every single level.

The season 2 premier of her reality show just tanked in the ratings. I'd like to think this played a part, but the show is really fucking boring.

Good for her. Never liked the shit log cabin republicans got and can't say 'm a fan of the " Unle Tom " accusations. Minorities aren't single-issue voters and it's dismaying to see the left trying to redue a person wholly to their sexuality when it comes to their Political views, when in every other arena that would be seen as hateful.

I mean, to be clear, I hate Cruz as much as the next coastal degenerate, but the ability of GLBT people to be fully rounded human beings rather than stereostypes is kinda important to me, and it doesnt make it any better when it's the left that's standing in the way of that goal.

Okay, but actively supporting people who don't even acknowledge your basic humanity is pretty misguided.

ApharmdX

Banned

There's a difference between not being a single-issue voter and allying yourself with a party of people who wish you had fewer rights than other Americans (or that you were arrested, or murdered!). It takes a powerful cognitive dissonance to be a trans Republican in 2016.

Jeels

Keep in mind if she were non-LGBTA she would be getting the same comments from GAF that endorsing Cruz is ridiculous and that she only supports him because she's well off.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Nothing says fully-rounded human being like being able to contribute to the poverty, death, and misery of other trans people because you're too rich to care.

I agree. So for the sake of avoiding stereotyping her, she is making a conscious choice to ruin the lives of trans people who don't have a fortune to fall back upon. Being a horrible person is not exclusive to cis people, after all! She can vote for Cruz, but she can't avoid the rightful accusation that she is willfully putting trans people at risk.

Kamaji

To some extent I kinda agree with this sentiment.

I've never really got as to why sexual/social/ethnical/racial minorities were to be bound by some kind of group solidarity/group identity which transcends every other identity that person has.

We are talking about a woman who from what I can gather seem to be worth 100m dollars who considers voting for a person that basically propose a flat tax rate and aggressive free market capitalism. Why would it be against her own self-interests to support that guy?

Risette

A Good Citizen
We are talking about a woman who from what I can gather seem to be worth 100m dollars who considers voting for a person that basically propose a flat tax rate and aggressive free market capitalism. Why would it be against her own self-interests to support that guy?
It's not. That's why people are upset -- because all she cares about is self-interest while attempting to be representative of trans people.

To some extent I kinda agree with this sentiment.

I've never really got as to why sexual/social/ethnical/racial minorities were to be bound by some kind of group solidarity/group identity which transcends every other identity that person has.

Uh

It's not about her self interests?

It's about that she is putting her self interests above the survival of poor trans people?

Didn't she rear-end another car? And wasn't it found that her negligence wasn't the cause of the crash?
But you're saying she was negligent?

I don't know what happened and there are various stories online. But if you were involved in an accident where a fatality occurred, whether deemed to be at fault or not, wouldn't it completely destroy you mentally? I know it would for me, I certainly wouldn't have been doing a TV interview literally 2 months afterwards announcing my intention to become a woman. I would still be having sleepless nights. Maybe that's just me, I'd be devoting all my mind to the poor family of the person who lost their life and I would be at the bottom of the list of concerns.

But you're saying she was negligent?

I don't know what happened and there are various stories online. But if you were involved in an accident where a fatality occurred, whether deemed to be at fault or not, wouldn't it completely destroy you mentally? I know it would for me, I certainly wouldn't have been doing a TV interview literally 2 months afterwards announcing my intention to become a woman. I would still be having sleepless nights. Maybe that's just me, I'd be devoting all my mind to the poor family of the person who lost their life and I would be at the bottom of the list of concerns.

No, she wasn't negligent.

That said, what would you do if someone in front of you suddenly had to brake, you rear-ended them, and they died?

Kamaji

It's not. That's why people are upset -- because all she cares about is self-interest while attempting to be representative of trans people.
Maybe should have made myself clearer. There is still plenty of posts in this thread basically saying "oh she's stupid, voting against her interests, don't she know that cruz hate trans people" and that's mostly the kind of posts i find a issue with as i think the argumentation in itself reduces minorities to a monolith.

I mean obviously a lot of people are making a valid point about her being a idiot for endorsing christian fundamentalists and being anti same-sex marriage while claiming to be a representative of trans people.

Basically my argument is that a lot of people seem to have a very idealized picture of how people classed in the same minority view one another. Like for example that people find it very offensive that a affluent, wellsettled latino would vote Trump or that affluent black man would vote for a racist politician. I.e. an assumption that a certain trait (skin pigment/sexual identity/religion etc) would trump all other aspects of a person.

Personally I would love people to act out of solidarity rather than self-interest but I doubt that white straight cis-men would get scrutinized over pursuing self-interests to the same extent as "uncle toms" (although the argument in this specific case about caitlyn claiming to be a representative for trans people kinda makes this last claim void in this specific case)

No, she wasn't negligent.

That said, what would you do if someone in front of you suddenly had to brake, you rear-ended them, and they died?
But you just said she had negligence but it wasn't the cause of the accident?

And I've just told you how I'd feel in that situation, fucking terrible. It would completely destroy me mentally as I replayed it over and over again thinking whether I could have braked earlier or kept the appropriate stopping distance between myself and the car in front.

Maybe should have made myself clearer. There is still plenty of posts in this thread basically saying "oh she's stupid, voting against her interests, don't she know that cruz hate trans people" and that's mostly the kind of posts i find a issue with as i think the argumentation in itself reduces minorities to a monolith.

I mean obviously a lot of people are making a valid point about her being a idiot for endorsing christian fundamentalists and being anti same-sex marriage while claiming to be a representative of trans people.

Basically my argument is that a lot of people seem to have a very idealized picture of how people classed in the same minority view one another. Like for example that people find it very offensive that a affluent, wellsettled latino would vote Trump or that affluent black man would vote for a racist politician. I.e. an assumption that a certain trait (skin pigment/sexual identity/religion etc) would trump all other aspects of a person.

Personally I would love people to act out of solidarity rather than self-interest but I doubt that white straight cis-men would get scrutinized over pursuing self-interests to the same extent as "uncle toms" (although the argument in this specific case about caitlyn claiming to be a representative for trans people kinda makes this last claim void in this specific case)

Rich, white cishet men aren't representing a marginalized group.

But you just said she had negligence but it wasn't the cause of the accident?

And I've just told you how I'd feel in that situation, fucking terrible.

I've clarified in the post that you just quoted that she had no negligence that lead to the accident.

Also, you would feel terrible that someone else caused an accident with your vehicle that caused them to die? That's perfectly fine, but expecting everyone to basically end their lives over it is unreasonable.

I've clarified in the post that you just quoted that she had no negligence that lead to the accident.

Also, you would feel terrible that someone else caused an accident with your vehicle that caused them to die? That's perfectly fine, but expecting everyone to basically end their lives over it is unreasonable.
I didn't say basically end their life over it, come on. Just doing that TV interview only two months after seemed a little unreasonable.

And rear ending in the UK - well you're still at fault. You're supposed to leave an appropriate stopping distance, so I don't understand how that could be the reason she is not at fault.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Rich, cis white men get called out all the time though. Look at this forum's general attitude toward Republicans. They don't get called out in the same way because of this:
but they are called out nonetheless.

I didn't say basically end their life over it, come on. Just doing that TV interview only two months after seemed a little unreasonable.

And rear ending in the UK - well you're still at fault. You're supposed to leave an appropriate stopping distance, so I don't understand how that could be the reason she is not at fault.

While I think that she does a shitty job as a trans activist, the idea that someone should completely disappear in such a situation is pretty silly and extreme.

I did not say that the distance between them was related to this case. Please read up on the case more if you want to have this discussion.

While I think that she does a shitty job as a trans activist, the idea that someone should completely disappear in such a situation is pretty silly and extreme.

I did not say that the distance between them was related to this case. Please read up on the case more if you want to have this discussion.
I was only speaking from my point of view and how most human beings would react to that situation. She's obviously super human, and perhaps you are too. And I'm just silly and extreme, thanks. We should tell people with PTSD that too, they're just being silly and extreme!

I was only speaking from my point of view and how most human beings would react to that situation. She's obviously super human, and perhaps you are too. And I'm just silly and extreme, thanks.

Yes, you are speaking from extremes, because not everyone deals with this kind of stuff in the same way. If I was working retail and something like this happened that involved me, would it make me superhuman to go into work? It sounds to me as though you're trying to call her sociopathic, heartless, etc. without actually using those words.

Yes, you are speaking from extremes, because not everyone deals with this kind of stuff in the same way. If I was working retail and something like this happened that involved me, would it make me superhuman to go into work? It sounds to me as though you're trying to call her sociopathic, heartless, etc. without actually using those words.
Indeed.

Well, I guess I'd say that I was expecting something better with this post, but that would involve me ignoring the quality of your posts in this thread thus far.

Ah well, no use arguing with someone who seems to think of humans in the most one-dimensional, binary fashions.
There is some irony there in your last sentence, after all you don't know me and you're making a big assumption which couldn't be further from the truth. An argument is exactly what you're wanting which is why I just thought I'd leave it there, but now I will leave it here.

commedieu

Banned
Honestly. This should be a lesson to everyone. And I'm even guilty of it.

Very rarely do the wealthy give a shit about you. So go ahead and support them, debate with others about them passionately, etc. But keep your expectations low for them to some how reciprocate the suport given.

It's a big fuck you to a lot of her supporters. But, that's why we fall.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Even though the possibility is there because a Trans person is born in the wrong gender and can have a heterosexual relationship with a cis person of their born sex, it still blows my mind when I see a transgender person that is also anti-gay marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom