• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

RetroMG

I realized today that pretty much everything I know about the Lovecraft Mythos comes from other popular culture references.

Palmer_v1

Just play a ton of Arkham Horror board game.

Edit: You seriously take a sanity hit just trying to set the game up:

pic576467.jpg

Sorian

Banned
I know we're waiting for the last confirmation but all the other games getting their roles and I'm over here like:

cthulhu_bored_by_hidaruma-d7hqmlh.png

Zzzzzzz

I assume I can take this as your confirmation?

We will start on Monday. I'll probably send out the roles on Friday.

t1438628400z0.png

Still waiting for confirmation from Capitan.

Yeah, I am ready for this game. Might be posting from my phone in the beginning though.

Zatoth

I made an adjustment to the rules. We are running with Karkador's system:

Once someone has received a strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes, the day ends

Droplet

I made an adjustment to the rules. We are running with Karkador's system:

Once someone has received a strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes, the day ends

So by my understanding of Karkadorian algebra, if we get an odd number of votes, then calculating the number of votes we need to reach a majority would involve first rounding up on the 50% and then adding 1?

I'll start to send out the roles now.

The game officially starts on Monday. So please refrain from game talk till then.

With roles assigned you should keep in mind that from now on every post you make could will be used against you.

*snip*

cBKhvNZ.gif

It's all about that pre-game intimidation

Foreplay is delicate work

Fireblend

Banned
What has been seen shall never be unseen.

I'm intimidated by this being my first time and this thread being full of veterans, but I shall do everything in my power to be a good/entertaining player :) I've been sparring with the ONUW games, but I'm sure nothing could prepare me for what's going to go down in this thread.

And I think I'm keeping my avatar. I hear death by flamethrower is a favorite of cultists.

Droplet

Yes, if I understand you correctly.

Karkador made a post about it during the last game. That should make it clear.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169102192&postcount=1479

So in more function based terms, majority = ceiling(.5 * votes + 1).

My guess is that once a game using this reaches a low number of players like 5 or 3 that we would switch back to normal math? Because if we were at 5 players, we would need 4 for majority and if we were at 3 we would actually need all 3 players to vote for the same person, meaning someone would actually need to vote for themselves. Obviously since Kark's game ended in 3 players, there must have been a switch somewhere that I don't remember.

Sorian

Banned
So in more function based terms, majority = ceiling(.5 * votes + 1).

My guess is that once a game using this reaches a low number of players like 5 or 3 that we would switch back to normal math? Because if we were at 5 players, we would need 4 for majority and if we were at 3 we would actually need all 3 players to vote for the same person, meaning someone would actually need to vote for themselves. Obviously since Kark's game ended in 3 players, there must have been a switch somewhere that I don't remember.

Isn't he just saying that's how the day would end early? So in a case of 3 players being left, there's just no way for the day to end early since yeah, no one will vote for themselves unless the island (this thread) has already driven them insane.

Top Bottom