• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Sorian

Banned
There will be no burning down as long as I am in charge.

Just stay calm and everything will be fine.

How can we trust you? When we were on the ship, you introduced yourself as one name, now you're someone else. I just dont know anymore.

omg it's a wolf someone shoot him

Wolves? What the heck are you talking about? We're in the middle of the pacific (...right?) there are no wolves here. I would suggest not to spread any irresponsible rumors amongst our commune members.

Sigh, some people...

GbQoLao.gif

DON'T SHOOT!

Just took my new beagles out... for a morning walk.

I saw them wash up on the beach in a leaky lifeboat a few hours ago, poor things. Someone must have saved them before the ship capsized, and they luckily drifted ashore on the tide. They were half-dead of starvation and thirst. I carried them into my tent, fed them a bit of my provisions. That's why you never saw them before.

I couldn't save the alpha, sadly. I made a few articles of clothing out of his fur and hide for myself. Best be prepared for our first night; you'd be surprised at how cold it becomes when the sun sets, even in the tropics. Do you like my hat?

No need for the looks of disgust, it's perfectly alright. He gave me his blessing before I did it.

Zatoth

How can we trust you? When we were on the ship, you introduced yourself as one name, now you're someone else. I just dont know anymore.

Uh about that. I can assure you that there is a plausible explanation for that. Just give me a moment.

tumblr_nruvmxXp4e1tcsgn2o1_500.gif

Uh about that. I can assure you that there is a plausible explanation for that. Just give me a moment.

Allow me, steward.

Sorian, Sorian, Sorian... :) we've all come from the civilized world. Our elders name us as children, correct?

Traube is his first name. Zatoth is his family name.

Swamped

Banned
Allow me, steward.

Sorian, Sorian, Sorian... :) we've all come from the civilized world. Our elders name us as children, correct?

That's....a much more rational explanation than mine. I was going to say that Traube found a DMV/Commune on a random island and decided to get his name legally changed for the heck of it :/

Zatoth

Allow me, steward.

Yeah, yeah. That's how it is. I am totally trustworthy. Born and raised in a beautiful city called Innsmouth. Once this is over you have to visit it. You will love it. People there are crazy friendly.

Nice to see things are picking up. :)

I have a slight feedback request that's been a pet peeve in the past. I fully understand and appreciate the work you're putting in(Crab, Karkador, and Mattyg too), but if you choose a way to relay deaths in the OT could you stick with it? Every game so far the mod started linking to the death posts or just listing the deaths, and then stopped midway through or would inconsistently update it after a few weeks. In their defense, I never mentioned this before but I'm correcting that this game.

RetroMG

I've been silent so far, but does anyone else find Castamere suspicious? He does his smileys backwards! :) instead of :) Who does that?

The best way to go into this game is a complete lack of trust for anyone else. The downside to this strategy is that, not unlike gazing into the face of an eldritch horror beyond time and space, it may very well drive you mad.

The best way to go into this game is a complete lack of trust for anyone else. The downside to this strategy is that, not unlike gazing into the face of an eldritch horror beyond time and space, it may very well drive you mad.

I'm going to try the strategy of trusting everybody and taking literally everything at face value. It's the cool, new way to play!

Mazre

Gotta say it's awesome to see so many enthusiastic campers this year. Normally when people show up there's lots of crying. Word from the counselors is that they caught a wild pig so you guys should look forward to a luau on the beach tomorrow night.

Apparently paint ball is all the rage right now so have fun but remember safety first, those pellets can hurt.

Lastly, we have a request from the staff to please report any dog sightings, apparently an animal carrier washed ashore with nothing inside, there worried the poor thing may be lost and hungry. "Waddles" was stamped on the side, kind of an odd name for a dog though.

Fireblend

Banned
Good news! It seems my complaints about someone performing blood rituals next to my tent have paid off: not only have I not seen any more blood remnants these past few days, today I found this beautifully bound book waiting for me when I woke up. Whoever is responsible for this, I wish you had hand-delivered it so I could personally thank you! I've never seen such a nicely built book.

Consider your apology accepted, and I hope you show yourself soon so we can discuss the book sometime over tea! I'll be sure to start reading it soon. For some reason whenever I try to focus on the writing, the sound of anguished laments that emanates from the book drowns out my own thoughts, but I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to the effect. Thanks!

Gotta say it's awesome to see so many enthusiastic campers this year. Normally when people show up there's lots of crying. Word from the counselors is that they caught a wild pig so you guys should look forward to a luau on the beach tomorrow night.

Apparently paint ball is all the rage right now so have fun but remember safety first, those pellets can hurt.

Lastly, we have a request from the staff to please report any dog sightings, apparently an animal carrier washed ashore with nothing inside, there worried the poor thing may be lost and hungry. "Waddles" was stamped on the side, kind of an odd name for a dog though.

:mad:

YOU KNOW THAT RAW THING THAT HANGS OFF A TURKEY'S CHIN, I'M GOING TO DAYDREAM ABOUT IT AND MAKE YOU WATCH: Mazre

Try not to kill each other before the game starts. Us vets have to stick together or the newbies might swarm us. Except Darryl, I think I'm supposed to fear Darryl

El Topo

Remember kids, tenderizing the meat is important.

Those gloves are sophisticated tools for sophisticated and responsible people, not savages living on some island.
That reminds me, we're having a fire extinguisher race later at ISIS. Loser has to help Krieger in the lab for a week.

Those gloves are sophisticated tools for sophisticated and responsible people, not savages living on some island.
That reminds me, we're having a fire extinguisher race later at ISIS. Loser has to help Krieger in the lab for a week.

You work for ISIS, and you call us savages.

YEAH... Y-YOU BETTER RUN, WEIRD MAGIC FUTURE PEOPLE. HA.

AJiY8Aw.gif

:'( That'll do, pig *munches crispy, crispy crackling* ...that'll do.

I, um, need to spend time alone with Waddles. Yeah. Let me just, let me just pick up him there, pork thing. Poor. Poor thing.

I'll, uh, be in my tent.

Grieving.

RetroMG

You know, I was legitimately sad not to be in the Archer or Danganronpa games. But I think this game is gonna be juuuuust fine.

You know, I was legitimately sad not to be in the Archer or Danganronpa games. But I think this game is gonna be juuuuust fine.

To be honest, I was super jealous of your Cthulhu game :D

But then.... Blarg and Darryl and LoC.....

....... GOOD LUCK KEEPING YOUR SANITY Y'ALL o7

Seriously, though, I think your Cthulhu game is going to be E. P. I. C.

Want game start! Want game start now! Bored! Bored!!!

3L401J2i6gUqQ.gif

I bloody concur.

You know what?

SeG57sQ.png

Infinity Tic-Tac-Toe. 2-player, alternating turns. First to post their move image becomes the designated challenger; one challenger at a time until someone wins. Cthulhu Club members only. Minigame ends once all the spaces are filled with a symbol. Whoever has stricken through the most of their own symbols by the end wins. Strike-throughs are the same as normal Tic-Tac-Toe, either through straight horizontals, verticals or diagonals; but, in this game you can strike through as many symbols at a time as possible (minimum of three though) if the line of symbols is unbroken/unblocked did I really need to explain all of this quit typecasting yourself quit typecasting yourself

Win and I'll never vote for you.

Y'all move, sailors.

Castamere has buns, Blarg has pork... Someone find some barbecue sauce and we've got a PARTY!

"Barbecue sauce".... rrrrrright

.... Orrrrr did you mean the "ketchup sauce" that Fireblend reported on seeing that was spilled EVERYWHERE on one of your beaches....

HMMMMM

Top Bottom