• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Too thick for me brah.

4lKCwpu.gif

Just wanted to announce that I am going to bed, I hear tomorrow is a big day, now that everyone is acclimatized to the island and there doesn't seem to be any rescue in sight, we should go hiking and explore! I am also forced to assume that Blarg has resigned before my superior intellect. GG

4lKCwpu.gif

GG

I'm voting for the winner of this game day 1

Turn back, Lord Nerevar, you are still unprepared

Fireblend

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow's shenanigans at our island commune's very first meeting! To whomever left that beautifully bound book near my tent this morning: I was finally able to ignore the anguished laments and read some of it!

Did you guys know I read ancient babylonian? Me neither! I... I'm worried this island is... uhm.., messing with... uh... nevermind. I must be imagining things. This island is a blessing in disguise, I'm sure.

Oh, I'm bringing bagels tomorrow!

nin1000

Banned
Can't wait for tomorrow's shenanigans at our island commune's very first meeting! To whomever left that beautifully bound book near my tent this morning: I was finally able to ignore the anguished laments and read some of it!

Did you guys know I read ancient babylonian? Me neither! I... I'm worried this island is... uhm.., messing with... uh... nevermind. I must be imagining things. This island is a blessing in disguise, I'm sure.

Oh, I'm bringing bagels tomorrow!

The game will start in the middle of the night for me. Perfect to be in the mood for a mafia game :)

The Hour of MADNESS is fast approaching for y'all :D

I will be watching raptly, beach-partyers! But I shall now enter silent mode.... in reverence of the Ancient Ones' devouring of you all.

Have fun, good luck, and F'thagn!

Fireblend

Banned
Only cult members and the self-obsessed would find a morning bagel fucking exciting.

Well excuse me, I must have missed the McDonalds offering all-day breakfasts down by the plain with towering spires, or the lava ridges, or is it near that mysterious hole in the ground from where howls of hellish anguish from unknowable pain can be listened to at night?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck in the game, everyone! Have fun!

Hah, "fun". As if a game designed around deceit, treachery, back-stabbing, undermining the self-confidence of others, accusation, bravado, bloody-mindedness and cliques could ever be "fun".

so much fun

Sorian

Banned
Hah, "fun". As if a game designed around deceit, treachery, back-stabbing, undermining the self-confidence of others, accusation, bravado, bloody-mindedness and cliques could ever be "fun".

so much fun

I haven't been following the archer thread much but that danganronpa thread?

L

O

L

Keep putting on a show over there to entertain me until ours begins.

I've seriously come so close to hitting post reply in the DR game before remembering that I'm not a player- there's so much I want to say.

Tucah

you speak so well
I don't know what's going on with that game at the top of the page but I'm excited to get this started for real.

Sorian

Banned
You and me both. I want to yell at everyone with crazy matter of fact screams.

You following the DR thread LoC? Kingkitty has doubt on him at the moment and someone brought up our ONUW game. Here's his post since I think you were curious.

Czar I actually meant to vote for sawneeks, but I had a brain fart and voted for roytheone instead. They were both part of the fake conspiracy, got them mixed up. Didn't matter in the end though.

You following the DR thread LoC? Kingkitty has doubt on him at the moment and someone brought up our ONUW game. Here's his post since I think you were curious.

No, just in general. Even if I got every vote I should have gotten we still would have lost. I would have appreciated a tie, but that's still a lose in ONUW.

Please refrain from discussing other ongoing games. General remarks about "craziness" is allowed, but anything beyond that can affect the behavior of players keeping tabs on this game.

Thanks.

Darryl

Banned
Well excuse me, I must have missed the McDonalds offering all-day breakfasts down by the plain with towering spires, or the lava ridges, or is it near that mysterious hole in the ground from where howls of hellish anguish from unknowable pain can be listened to at night?

Aren't they one in the same?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I am just posting to taunt you about the fact your game is unstarted, don't mind me.

Fireblend

Banned
Good things come to those who wait.

I'm refreshing this page every 5 minutes on top of having the auto-refresh extension active.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides; above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumber'd and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

Zatoth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFzdIaBnckg

Despite all of yesterday’s chaos, you somehow had an amazing sleep. No one really is in a mood for talking this morning. While eating your breakfast you notice that someone is not present. Zatoth the steward is missing. For such a control freak, that made a big deal of organizing everything yesterday, it seems unusual to oversleep. So you decide to look for him.

What you discover scares you stiff. Without his uniform you couldn’t even tell that this pile of flesh and blood belongs to poor Zatoth. Your first thought is that some animal must have attacked him. But you can’t spot any tracks and what kind of animal would do something like this anyhow?

You freeze again as you realise that only a human could be the perpetrator of this massacre…

Day 1 ends:
t1438974000z0.png

With 21 players remaining 12 votes are needed to end the day early.

Sorian

Banned
Time to get things rolling. Here is my message to all of you. I don't want to hear anything about anyone's role or lack there of. I don't even want to catch subtle hinting towards your possible role or lack of role. We are on day 1, the game right now is to breed as much discussion as possible. We can accomplish this by causing pressure and calling people out on things that you don't agree with. Always cause more conversation, the more we can get the cultists the talk, the more chance they will screw up.

With that being said, the only god I pray to is RNGsus and RNGsus has given me number 14.

Vote: Tucah

Yes, this was pre-typed so I could post then go take my lunch and view discussion from my phone.

Droplet

Reminder to all that inactivity is a detriment to the game on both sides. An inactive player may end up staying alive longer, but it's no good to anyone to stay alive if you aren't contributing. To not post basically means that you're not fueling arguments on either side and doesn't make a very fun game for the rest of us. So please, speak up!

Fireblend

Banned
Huh, so it wasn't ketchup after all? Suddenly I seem to have lost my appetite for these bagels.

Anyway, here's hoping we all have a great game and have fun and get to see this through to a satisfying, successful, cultist-free end.

I'm gonna monitor the thread for a bit and see where the mood swings before I make my move. It's my first time (other than the ONUW games) and I want to be as useful as I can be.

Day one! Really looking forward to playing with all of you. Only experience I've had with Mafia is spectating the previous GAF games. Please be gentle.

Top Bottom