• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 3 still a PS3 launch title

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
Platform Genre Developed By Release Date

Xbox®
Wii™
Xbox 360™

PlayStation®2
PSP™ System
PlayStation®3

Shooter

Treyarch
Releasing in Fall 2006

Mmmkay

Scoot said:
I've heard nothing about Call of Duty 3 specifically, but I know that there are a handful of multiplatform titles that are becoming more or less de facto Xbox 360 exclusives because of development issues related to the complicated PS3 architecture. It wouldn't surprise me of CoD3 was one of them.
Well that's just ensured at least 3 more pages, just as the original topic was packing its sandles...

Mrbob

Scoot said:
I've heard nothing about Call of Duty 3 specifically, but I know that there are a handful of multiplatform titles that are becoming more or less de facto Xbox 360 exclusives because of development issues related to the complicated PS3 architecture. It wouldn't surprise me of CoD3 was one of them.

Do you know when developers are going to be able to talk more about PS3 development? From the small tidbits we are getting here and there, it seems like it is quite the struggle at the moment.

Kittonwy said:
Note to Activision (or any multiplatform developer in general):

I will not freakin' buy ANY of your games PERIOD if they're not released on the PS3 on time, you can kiss my $60 goodbye you god damn freakin' bastards.
angry.gif

This of course assumes that PS3 games will be $60 bucks

Kittonwy

Banned
meltpotato said:
uh.. its not that simple.

regardless, don't you like games? don't you want to play games that you enjoy? who cares if the PS3 version arrives late as long as you want to play it.

It's pretty simple. I have the money, they want my money, why do I have to be the one to go where they want? They have to cater to me if they want my money, or else they get nothing (I'm looking at YOU, THQ).

I do want to play games I enjoy but this game isn't something I can't easily do without, I buy about 4 or 5 games (perhaps more when I'm extra game-crazy) per month during peak season (anything outside of that three month period in the summer when there are no games coming out), if they don't get it out in time on the PS3, that part of my PS3 launch budget goes to some other (I'm anticipating getting likely half dozen games on the PS3 along with the system), equally enjoyable title from another publisher. Activision and other multiplatform publishers will have to appeal to me if they want my money by bringing me quality PS3 games because I sure as hell am not going to go out of my way just to play their games. Bring me PS3 games or they will get no money from me whatsoever.

gladtomeetya.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
This of course assumes that PS3 games will be $60 bucks

Whatever. That's not an issue for me, I have a job that pays me well, the point is if they don't get their acts together when it comes to PS3 games, they won't get a single penny from me.

GhaleonEB

Kittonwy said:
It's pretty simple. I have the money, they want my money, why do I have to be the one to go where they want? They have to cater to me if they want my money, or else they get nothing (I'm looking at YOU, THQ).

I do want to play games I enjoy but this game isn't something I can't easily do without, I buy about 4 or 5 games (perhaps more when I'm extra game-crazy) per month during peak season (anything outside of that three month period in the summer when there are no games coming out), if they don't get it out in time on the PS3, that part of my PS3 launch budget goes to some other (I'm anticipating getting likely half dozen games on the PS3 along with the system), equally enjoyable title from another publisher. Activision and other multiplatform publishers will have to appeal to me if they want my money by bringing me quality PS3 games because I sure as hell am not going to go out of my way just to play their games. Bring me PS3 games or they will get no money from me whatsoever.

gladtomeetya.gif
So, if an amazing game you are really looking forward to gets delayed a few weeks, you skip it on principle? Say, two weeks after the expected date.

Kittonwy said:

gladtomeetya.gif

yeh uh... thats not how development works. you don't just speed it up, unless of course, you want an inferior product. :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :D :)

You've gone from saying that you wont buy a multiplatform game unless it meets your timeframe, which accounts for basically no development variables, to saying that you really don't want it all that much and if it isnt available when you are buying ps3 launch titles you wont buy it. :) :D :) :D :) :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Rhindle said:
I don't think your attempts to inject logic and rationality into the discussion will yield much benefit. You'll just get buried in an avalanche of baby pictures and smilies.

I think the bottomline is, whose money is it? Yours? Or the publisher's? I'm just not the type who buys a console just because a publisher keeps a game (which isn't going to be among the upper-tier of a platform's library anyway, we're not talking about ZELDA, or MGS4, FFXIII or HALO) away from the platform you own (or going to own), do you feel the need to follow that second-tier publisher to whichever platform the publisher decided is most beneficial in the short-term for them? Or do you just look towards probably one of those 4 or 5 other games on the platform you own which you could have easily bought instead?

Kittonwy

Banned
meltpotato said:
yeh uh... thats not how development works. you don't just speed it up, unless of course, you want an inferior product. :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :D :)

You've gone from saying that you wont buy a multiplatform game unless it meets your timeframe, which accounts for basically no development variables, to saying that you really don't want it all that much and if it isnt available when you are buying ps3 launch titles you wont buy it. :) :D :) :D :) :D

If they want to make it on time, they should have made sure they allotted the appropriate amount of resources and personel to make it happen, it's poor planning on their part.

I'm not saying I don't want it, I don't want it enough to get it for another platform (along with that other platform), if it's there at launch, sure, I'll buy it, if not, my launch money goes elsewhere, that's my general attitude towards multiplatform titles (that are NOT system-sellers). Do you buy a new car if your mechanic says he only has a tinted wind-shield for another model? I sure don't.

Kittonwy said:
If they want to make it on time, they should have made sure they allotted the appropriate amount of resources and personel to make it happen, it's poor planning on their part.

I'm not saying I don't want it, I don't want it enough to get it for another platform (along with that other platform), if it's there at launch, sure, I'll buy it, if not, my launch money goes elsewhere, that's my general attitude towards multiplatform titles (that are NOT system-sellers). Do you buy a new car if your mechanic says he only has a tinted wind-shield for another model? I sure don't.

... what the hell does proclaiming that you wont buy a game if it doesnt make launch have to do with buying separate consoles? Rhindle was right... bye bye logic and rationality

Kittonwy

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
So, if an amazing game you are really looking forward to gets delayed a few weeks, you skip it on principle? Say, two weeks after the expected date.

Depends on the length of the delay, if it's only two weeks, I can probably wait, that's not a big deal, if the delay is to next spring, I'll probably end up picking up something else instead for the PS3 in the meantime.

jjasper

Agree that WWII shooters are worn out we need some American Revolution, or Civil War Shooters that would be a good change of pace.

jjasper said:
Agree that WWII shooters are worn out we need some American Revolution, or Civil War Shooters that would be a good change of pace.

you want to stand in a line and spend 45secs loading between shots? that doesnt sound very fun at all...

jjasper

meltpotato said:
you want to stand in a line and spend 45secs loading between shots? that doesnt sound very fun at all...
The American revolution had quite a bit of guerrilla warfare on the part of the Americans from what I remember in history books, and the Civil War the Civil war had some crazy shit going on too, with burning cities and such.

It could be based off something like that, it doesn't have to be part of the whole war just the story of a special unit or something. Anything to change the scenery, hell we could have a game of the French Revolution for all I care just something different.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
meltpotato said:

They would just have to have a different focus. They could do like Thief or something. Sneaking missions and such.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
Do you know when developers are going to be able to talk more about PS3 development? From the small tidbits we are getting here and there, it seems like it is quite the struggle at the moment.

When they stop being afraid of pissing Sony off? ;)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Scoot said:
When they stop being afraid of pissing Sony off? ;)

So basically they will only have bad stuff to say? Is that what you are trying to say?

bud

Kittonwy said:

gladtomeetya.gif

this baby is desperately trying to get a tag.

GROW UP

Kittonwy

Banned
meltpotato said:

Or maybe more guerilla warfare and cqc instead of just shooting like that Patriot movie with Mel Gibson?

Top Bottom