• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

FyreWulff

Man, that engine looks so baaaaad. Plus I don't know why they stuck with the BLOPS name. Selling power?

Also, I thought the MW trilogy took place in like 2012-2016 or something, you mean to tell me this is what's gonna happen less then 10 years later? Perhaps it's an alternate timeline to the MW "world".

The Red Alert to the C&C

ultim8p00

Banned
Their depiction of "future warfare" couldn't look more cartoony and unimaginative. It looks like a first-person Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

I think I'm done with Call of Duty if this is where the franchise is headed.

Near future. It's 2025. That's 13 years from now. What the fuck are you expecting? Light-sabers and flying cars?

The engine looks bad. The futuristic setting looks uninteresting. The story sounds generic. I was hoping for another cold war thriller, but this is not it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Have they released anything about Zombies yet?

That will determine if I buy this

Just a snippet from an interview, personally I really hope they bring some the spec ops stuff into Zombies.
"if you like zombies you're going to be really happy with what we're doing with black ops 2. It's our biggest most ambitious zombies effort ever""

From CharlieIntel.com:

MYSTERY VOICES confirmed! Oliver North and P.W. Singer! Trailer Synopsis VIDEO

Also on that site, 80 screenshots from the trailer. I started looking through the pictures to see if I noticed anything and one thing I saw was the name "Charlene" on the QuadRotor:

screen-shot-2012-05-02-at-00-59-36.png

Might not mean anything. Who knows. Sorry if that was mentioned already.

Everdred

Well after coming down from my initial excitement... I kind of realized that this is going to be the exact same as the previous entries. New guns (but they'll feel the same as the last), new maps, same gameplay, few new perks (similar to current), new kills streaks could potentially be very different, and new interesting equipment.

It's definitely a step in the right direction for changing the game up. I really wish they would just do a game every other year... It's not like it wouldn't continue to be popular until the next iteration.

I hope the the linearity comments are true and it will be more non-linear than previous games. Could make all the difference.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Russian robots!

they're designed to fire Karl Marx books at small children.

the only way to stop them is to blow up a lot of buildings or some shit fuck you I ain't got time to explain shit needs to get shot smoke weed every day biatch

Not interested.

Hell If I want Near future, I'll stick to Ghost recon.

Stick a fork in it.

That's my 2 cents, not trying to be a troll.

Well after coming down from my initial excitement... I kind of realized that this is going to be the exact same as the previous entries. New guns (but they'll feel the same as the last), new maps, same gameplay, few new perks (similar to current), new kills streaks could potentially be very different, and new interesting equipment.

It's definitely a step in the right direction for changing the game up. I really wish they would just do a game every other year... It's not like it wouldn't continue to be popular until the next iteration.

I hope the the linearity comments are true and it will be more non-linear than previous games. Could make all the difference.
we already know it's not true, so far we know - branching storylines, different setting, non-linear gameplay, "most ambitious zombie effort ever", and that's just from tonight.

Pandemic

At first I was skeptical when I saw screenshots and stuff, but after looking at the trailer, it looks pretty awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

They effectively are doing these every other year when it's IW working on MW2 > 3 with Treyarch doing Blops in between. There's never a skipped year for a CoD which makes it feel excessive, but the games themselves still have a normal development.

Everdred

They effectively are doing these every other year when it's IW working on MW2 > 3 with Treyarch doing Blops in between. There's never a skipped year for a CoD which makes it feel excessive, but the games themselves still have a normal development.
That's my point, they should be releasing ONE Call of Duty game every 2 years.

I'm glad they took some risks and change the setting up a bit. another cold war/modern shooter would have just been bleh. I believe Black Ops was the best post mw cod so I hope these guys blow mw3 out of the water.

JB1981

At first I hated the trailer and then I was like OK that's not bad .. ok getting better .. ok kind of winning me over .. ok fuck this looks ok .. i might play this shit

Top Bottom