• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

Exo suits and AW were the best thing to happen to CoD since MW2. A while other layer of tactical play. It made it so the best players could turn a gunfight completely around with a well timed dodge.

trixx

Treyarch gonna deliver the goods.

Is this game really cross-gen though? If its on Wii u I'll certainly get for off-tv multiplayer.

Exo suits and AW were the best thing to happen to CoD since MW2. A while other layer of tactical play. It made it so the best players could turn a gunfight completely around with a well timed dodge.

Exactly. While I'm not a fan of them giving away your position when you use them (being so integral to core gameplay), they add layers of depth to gun fights. Now if they could up the time to kill we'd have something really special on our hands.

Exactly. While I'm not a fan of them giving away your position when you use them (being so integral to core gameplay), they add layers of depth to gun fights. Now if they could up the time to kill we'd have something really special on our hands.

I noticed it was upped a little compared to Ghosts (what a shit game) but yeah. In Battlefield you can actually make plays because the ttk is a good length. It's enough to make plays but not too much health as too make multikills impossible. AW is almost the sweet spot for CoD.

njean777

What strategy? If any thing it adds more possibilities to map movement and more routes to take. The only strategy there was before was 2D movement down the 3 lanes of the maps and camping.

Plenty of ways to get around campers. When you play domination the whole point is to hold points, when you have exo suits on small maps there is no way to hold anything. When you have three lanes it takes strategy to take B usually and you have to risk your life to take it, or flank take C and have the other team come back to C and then take B.

On AW there is no such strategy it is basically chaos everywhere. There are no or very little choke points, teams cannot hold anything down as effectively as they could before. The whole flow of AW is basically RUSH RUSH RUSH and no slow methodical strategy that was needed on earlier entries. Some may like this type of gameplay, but it isn't for everybody (nor should it be), but if they insist on keeping the exo suits the maps need to be far bigger imo. Titan fall worked (for me) because the maps were huge, that is what is needed imo for COD if they want to keep the exo suits. Now one could argue it just takes more teamwork to hold points in AW, but I personally play pub games because most of my friends do not care for COD anymore.

f51ERuv.gif

Sooooo excited, my only request, please bring back Demolition!!!

Believe in Treyarch!

RedAssedApe

Banned
with battlefront coming out this year...this better be good. and by good i mean none of that garbage exo movement stuff (unless they plan on totally revamping how they design their mp maps)

Conduit

Banned
Yeah, I found this too.

NaHLcrT.png

I just registered NNID on callofduty.com. Indeed, NNID actually connects with Activate.

As I remembered, there was no NNID connection on Callofduty.com last year.

I think this news deserves to be a new thread.

So, it's a cross-gen definitely. Shinobi, well said!

WaLlbaNg

Nah in a gunfight the netcode is way too bad for this to have any effects. You still hit people before they dodged on your screen.

Also you can´t dodge while ads (and shooting?).

Ensoul

I am happy it's black ops 3. BO was hands down my favorite black ops game online. Sucks we only gets treyarchs version every three years because IW has to make there own shitty version of Cod.

There is zero chance this is currentl gen only. There are still millions and millions of ps3 and 360 users. We are still years away from them dropping last gen.

Radec

I am happy it's black ops 3. BO was hands down my favorite black ops game online. Sucks we only gets treyarchs version every three years because IW has to make there own shitty version of Cod.

But is it really a black ops game if Exo is in play ?

nope. more like Advance Warfare 2 by Treyarch

jorgejjvr

Well for those that care (I care and want it on wii u), you can now suddenly link your Nintendo network id to callofduty.com, why would they now suddenly allow you to do that if they are no longer going to provide content? Here's hoping this means we actually get it

Natels

Use Blast Surpressor, perk 3.

Plenty of ways to get around campers. When you play domination the whole point is to hold points, when you have exo suits on small maps there is no way to hold anything. When you have three lanes it takes strategy to take B usually and you have to risk your life to take it, or flank take C and have the other team come back to C and then take B.

On AW there is no such strategy it is basically chaos everywhere. There are no or very little choke points, teams cannot hold anything down as effectively as they could before. The whole flow of AW is basically RUSH RUSH RUSH and no slow methodical strategy that was needed on earlier entries. Some may like this type of gameplay, but it isn't for everybody (nor should it be), but if they insist on keeping the exo suits the maps need to be far bigger imo. Titan fall worked (for me) because the maps were huge, that is what is needed imo for COD if they want to keep the exo suits. Now one could argue it just takes more teamwork to hold points in AW, but I personally play pub games because most of my friends do not care for COD anymore.

This is why Domination isn't a competitive mode since CoD4 where you could spawn trap the other team. It is a more dynamic game but saying it has no strategy is not right. Go to ranked play and try to win without game knowledge, where to push, when to fall back, rotations, spawns, team work etc. Rush rush rush works in pubs, like it always did

4v4 AW is probably the best CoD MP since 4 imo. Only bad thing is 6v6 because no one knows how to control spawns in objective modes and it's all over the place.

H4r4kiri

Does it count if they call it a new engine?

Nope they say this crap every year. "With our brand new engine we have designed the best CoD EVOOOOR "
Then when a journalist asks, if it is still the Quake/MW engine modified they will not give a clear answer.
Then weeks later we know it is still the old enginge with some new tech in it, but same flaws every year.

The netcode becomes more and more shitty as the matchmaking from year to year.

jorgejjvr

Yeah, I found this too.

NaHLcrT.png

I just registered NNID on callofduty.com. Indeed, NNID actually connects with Activate.

As I remembered, there was no NNID connection on Callofduty.com last year.

I think this news deserves to be a new thread.
YES!!! I want this on wii u!!! Why update the site now if they were no longer going to support the system!!!

I still till this day play black ops 3 on wii u and I love it. I want bo3 on wii u soon bad . It's there a new thread for this??

Ensoul

But is it really a black ops game if Exo is in play ?

nope. more like Advance Warfare 2 by Treyarch

Are these exo suits in this game though or are people just assuming? I have no problems with the exo suits and would be fine either way if they were or were not in the game.

The truth is though I am getting a little bored of the future games. Would like to see black ops 3 take place in the past but I doubt that would happen.

Are these exo suits in this game though or are people just assuming? I have no problems with the exo suits and would be fine either way if they were or were not in the game.

The truth is though I am getting a little bored of the future games. Would like to see black ops 3 take place in the past but I doubt that would happen.

Shinobi says they aren't exo suits, but cybernetic enhancements.

buckeye13

Banned
If there are exo suits or something similiar . I will pass . If I wanted to play unreal tournament , twitch shooter , add in the fact that rarely can u kill anyone without getting shot in the back immediately after in Aw, or the person u killed spawning close to your vicinity . Myself , I would actually put ghost as a better game than AW.

The boards are just way to small, spawns suck , and hit detection is garbage . Matchmaking blows , can't tell u how many games I join where my team is losing 50 to 25 as people are continually dropping from those lobbies as it's mainly connection dictating game

I wouldn't be surprised if BO3 did come out on Wii U, Treyarch have always been good to Nintendo as far as putting titles on their consoles. Obviously its Activision's decision and it would be a surprise to see them care again but who knows. Treyarch may have said no worries we got this and convinced them?

BokehKing

Banned
Honestly, the best way to play AW... Is not use your exo suit (which gave away your location, lame) if you played it like a regular COD game while everyone else ran around like jumping beans you did alright

Drifters

Day -0.

Will buy digital download and season pass. Also... since AW had Spacey... it's time we get a digital Tom Cruise.
tom-cruise-edge-of-tomorrow.jpg

Welfare

They're not exoskeleton suits. Far future, soldiers get injured in battles, lose body parts. Enter robotic limbs and cybernetics (major theme). These parts give human beings faster than normal speed, strength, etc.

Are these soldiers called Spartans by any chance?

Boston

Oh man, no. Just no. AW is trash. Has no staying power or diversity MW2 or BOPS1 had. Most everyone got bored after a month, not even.

Top Bottom