• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

I only have one question:

-DEDICATED SERVERS
yes or no?
and I dont want to see a "well yes", like it was last time. enough bullshit!
activision you aint getting even a cent more from me on whatever COD you make,
until my demand is met. cheap bastard!

Rememebr when JD2020 trolled everyone before Black Ops 1 came out?

Respawn

Banned
Ughh exo suit crap again? I may sit this one down. Advanced war was the fist cod where I have not touched the multiplayer again.

Radec

Preditable Spawns made Black Ops 2 amazing. Also no bullshit or annoying killstreaks like in AW.

Ugh. I dont want to go back. Exos make the game fun again.

All we need now is no snipers in mp, except in sniper only playlists :p

i-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth.gif

biteren

Hooooooly crap!!! There is do much doubt here that you would think this game is worse than Ghosts!!!!

Was Exo movment really that bad? Like shouldn't have been done at all? Its so weird seeing Advanced Warfare being praised for adding variation then suddenly goes to "Exos=not buying this shit". i think its funny too that some of you think Exo Movement will be identical to AW. Treyarch are supposed to be the new champions of COD but now almost seem to have a worse rep than Ghost because of something stupid like "Future".

Its almost enough to make one demoralized, but maybe this is a sign. Maybe this is a wake up call for Call of Duty, getting to big for its britches. maybe its time for COD to be put in its place soon. im gonna try to remain optimistic since Treyarch never let me down personally but it seems like there are gonna be alot fewer of us here are gaf.

Maybe going back to WW2 will fix the problem and maybe it wont, maybe COD should stay modern while other shooters to the future thing.

Im just rambling at this point but maybe COD isnt for some of us anymore.

EDIT: well ive decided to explore peoples problems with AW and the EXO movement aswell as the future setting. instead of having the "you're all wrong" mindset, ive wanted to see it from another perspective so im gonna watch some videos and read some other forums.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ughh exo suit crap again? I may sit this one down. Advanced war was the fist cod where I have not touched the multiplayer again.

The exo suit completely ruined Advanced Warfare for me, it just wasn't CoD anymore. It was a lot less skilled based with everyone just jumping around all the time, it was like playing Duck Hunt on the NES.

Duxxy3

Hooooooly crap!!! There is do much doubt here that you would think this game is worse than Ghosts!!!!

Was Exo movment really that bad? Like shouldn't have been done at all? Its so weird seeing Advanced Warfare being praised for adding variation then suddenly goes to "Exos=not buying this shit". i think its funny too that some of you think Exo Movement will be identical to AW. Treyarch are supposed to be the new champions of COD but now almost seem to have a worse rep than Ghost because of something stupid like "Future".

Its almost enough to make one demoralized, but maybe this is a sign. Maybe this is a wake up call for Call of Duty, getting to big for its britches. maybe its time for COD to be put in its place soon. im gonna try to remain optimistic since Treyarch never let me down personally but it seems like there are gonna be alot fewer of us here are gaf.

Maybe going back to WW2 will fix the problem and maybe it wont, maybe COD should stay modern while other shooters to the future thing.

Im just rambling at this point but maybe COD isnt for some of us anymore.

EDIT: well ive decided to explore peoples problems with AW and the EXO movement aswell as the future setting. instead of having the "you're all wrong" mindset, ive wanted to see it from another perspective so im gonna watch some videos and read some other forums.

No. It wasn't that bad, but it shouldn't be in every single COD game from here on. Even if BO3 doesn't have the same movement, I'm sure that plenty of people will stick with AW because that's what they enjoy.

The people that desire classic COD have not had a decent game this generation. Ghosts was a disaster. Advanced Warfare... well it's obviously not a classic COD game. So those people are, by default, going back to Black Ops 2 (or even MW3 for some) on their older system.

Basically, Advanced Warfare isn't going to suddenly disappear if Black Ops 3 comes out and has more classic gameplay.

BokehKing

Banned
They still have a long way to go to catch up to OG Infinity Ward. I fully expect Black Ops III to be better than Advanced Warfare, though, and modern Infinity Ward is a shame to their name.
Og infinity ward has not made a good game (imo) since COD4, even that had issues (martyrdom / 3x frag)

I popped into AW this weekend really hate the exo stuff... A lot.

Remark

Banned
Exo movement made me mad as hell in AW. Ruined my favorite game mode (Search and Destroy).

It doesn't help that the non-exo playlists are always dead :l

Please Treyarch if your going to add exo movement make it a limted slide boost or something don't do the vertical high ass jumping thing. Fucked up what was somewhat map design in AW.

Good thing you don't design the maps ghosts got rid of the 3 lanes and look how awful that game turned out.

That's because its Ghosts.

Why not look back at games that did it right? Like, CoD4?

There are maps throughout the series that do a great job of balancing out everything. BO1 had a mix case overall, but there are some great ones in that mix. Same with MW2.

vin-buc

I think the only think that should be kept from the exo are the abilities (short bursts of extra abilities if you choose it). The dash mechanic should be kept only if its controlled and not used at will. Players will just be dashing around which is very annoying. If it's some type of perk or one-use ability than it's doable. I feel like that fast movement screwed with the hit detection of AW.

New CoD will most likely have same engine (**modified**) - body lag (players from same team bumpin'-n-grindin'), getting stuck on random geometry, .50cal bullet can't shatter glass with the first shot but throwing a grenade through it can, really bad physics/animations.

I feel like call-outs that started in Ghosts was a game changer. It needs to be in every CoD. I hope they change/add more voice-overs and make them good, some were really good in BO2 - this adds to the immersion so much.Get a new loading screen something interactive - not that static corny picture of the map. Change the HUD, mimimap style (BF4 can resize, change opacity). New interface/fonts/menu music. Don't restrict me to 2 attachments without spending perk points. More guns in each category PLEASE with punchy sounds. More good camos (BF4). More uniforms/soldier customization options that are realistic not this puffy metal armor/helmets like AW. Make a useful companion app. Focus on good sound especially for headsets. More realistic settings/maps (lol - warfare in a skate park).

Make it feel like a new CoD without changing (fundamentally) the way CoD is played.

EDIT - let me update a class before respawning!!!!!!!

Putch

Neo Member
I hope they change/add more voice-overs and make them good, some were really good in BO2 - this adds to the immersion so much.

This.

For Multiplayer
Modern Warfare - 4 factions.
World at War - 4 factions.
Modern Warfare 2 - 6 factions.
Black Ops - 6 factions.
Modern Warfare 3 - 7 factions.
Black Ops 2 - 6 factions.
Ghosts - 2 factions.
Advanced Warfare - 2 factions. (Even though in the campaign, there were a lot more factions involved like the Nigerian Armed Forces, Korean People's Army, KVA, United States Army and Police.)

Honestly in multiplayer, I am getting tired of hearing the same 2 announcers over and over again, since Ghosts. I really hope BO3 sticks with 6 factions or more and have a variety of announcers. Also, the announcers should show some encouragement, enthusiasm and fear in their voice, when announcing Scorestreaks. I feel like this is what Call of Duty is currently lacking in the sound department. Immersion is key in Multiplayer.

PSYGN

The exo suit completely ruined Advanced Warfare for me, it just wasn't CoD anymore. It was a lot less skilled based with everyone just jumping around all the time, it was like playing Duck Hunt on the NES.

In actuality it was more skill-based because of SBMM and everyone jumping around. Only the good players who can react fast and aim well excelled. I get it that you don't like this style of FPS as it doesn't feel like CoD, but to say that it took less skill is laughable. It takes a hell of a lot more skill, and I've been playing since CoD2. AW is all about movement and gun skills. Waiting, pre-aiming and funneling players into predictable choke points was yesterday's CoD; that's why many CoD players got rocked hard when this game came out, because they actually had to twitch-react WITH 3D movement. If anything, this game helped a lot of CoD players actually improve their twitch-aiming and gun skills. Now if you said it was a lot less predictable and more chaotic then I'd agree with you.

Top Bottom