• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

MrDaravon

Blueblur1 said:
A beta at this point would be a glorified demo, folks.

True, but it would be way better than nothing, and at least would give them a head start on starting to get stuff fixed to hopefully get a patch out faster.

kuYuri

Stuff in trailer I see that may not have been confirmed before:

Weapons:
Skorpion
Ithaca
M72 LAW
WA2000
L96A1
M14

Perks:
Lightweight (Pro)
Steady Aim (Pro)
Sleight of Hand (Pro)

Misc:
Tomahawk (like a throwing knife)
Extended Mags
Thermal Scope

-PXG-

COD points....eventually they will probably add MS points...and after that...actual money. GG Activision. GG.

REV 09

the new modes actually sound fun. Customization looks like a nice improvement. the only thing left of concern is the balance of the main game.

-PXG- said:
COD points....eventually they will probably add MS points...and after that...actual money. GG Activision. GG.

They wouldn't be the first. EA did it with Madden last year and they might not have even been the first.

zero margin said:
Sounds like noob tube for all intents and purposes is gone other than that care package method. The "nasty" part doesn't exactly ease my concern though, might be just a super noob tube.

I think I would cry tears of joy if noob tubes were relegated to care package drops. On a side note this actually sounds good. Does not sound like a MW2 re-skin and it looks like they are adressing some of the balance complaints about MW2. Treyarch haters are going to have to think of some new ways to troll them I guess.

Edit: Explosive crossbows look like the new noob tubes /:

DRE Fei

I might actually play free-for-all this time, since it looks like the wagering thing is limited to that game type. I wonder how many people are going to dashboard as soon as they lose. People are just gonna boost in this mode like always, but it still looks fun.

Kthreev

As long as they have a few NEW zombie maps (not rehashed WaW versions) and a decently fun campaign in addition to all the new multiplayer stuff, this is looking to be a solid purchase for me.

Loxley

I'll admit I got worried at the first mention of "CoD Points", but glad to hear it's just related to in-game stuff. Initially I thought it they would be along the lines of what Battlefield Heroes and Combat Arms do, using real money to buy points to use in-game to unlock weapons, since that seems like an appropriately Kotick thing to do, glad I was wrong.

The addition of bots alone gets me interested (seriously, it's about damn time the series had them) plus the addition of the video recording/editing and unique game types really give me the impression that Treyarch is actually making a game that is distinctly their own and not just a re-skin of MW2.

MMaRsu

Banned
Graphics are bad, more akimbo bullshit and other perks and weapons.

This game will NEVER be really balanced.

Good thing I'm never buying this pos.

But Wager matches do look fun :).

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Treyarch seems to be going all out with BlackOps.

One in the Chamber looks freakin' badass. Can't wait!

kuYuri

Fuck it, I'll just post everything this guy said that's interesting here:

Pro Perks exist. No Stopping power.

Secondaries are pistols, crossbow, and launchers.

Ninja is back in three tier. Bling is back as Overlord in tier 2.

Shotguns have a range that feels right in my opinion. Killstreaks do not count toward others ones.

Equiptment - Camera Spike. C4. TI. Jammer. Motion sensor. Claymore.

Tier One Perks - Lightweight. Scavenger. Ghost. Flak Jacket. Hardline.

Tier Two Perks - Hardened. Scout. Steady Aim. Sleight of Hand. Warlord.
Tier Three - Marathon. Ninja. Second Chance. Hacker. Tactical Mask.
Lethal Grenades - Tomahawk. Frag. Semtex.

Tactical Grenades - Willy Pete. Nova Gas. Flash Bang. Concussion. Decoy. Willy Pete is smoke.

Launchers - M72. RPG. Strela. China Lake.

The amount of content and variety in this game seems incredible, or something close to it at least. Not forgetting we haven't seen the zombie mode and co-op mode (assuming they aren't one in the same). After being disappointed with MW2 because it kind of wasn't my style I'm super hyped again.

Treyarch <3

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Fuck yeah, they got Dobermans as a killstreak - the dogs from WaW are still my favourite killstreak in CoD, and they brought them back for Black Ops...

I won't be picking the game up, but the amount of content in this game is ridiculous - WaW proved that Treyarch wasn't just the B-team, and now they are just going all out...

And I don't see how the hell the talk about CoD points got misunderstood to be actual MS points - it was pretty damn clear that it was about in-game points.

Deware80

Banned
God damn it all i want to see are the improvements to NAZI ZOMBIES!! Guess they prob wont reveal until closer to release, everything sounds fantastic so far tho:D

Top Bottom