• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I miss the days of red vs blue, black vs green, etc. The amount of times I've delayed shooting somebody because I thought he was on my team... They should should show a loading screen with all of your team and all the enemy models, so you can try to memorise them.

Had a match the other day where most of the opposition was dressed as A-Train from The Boys, so at least that one was easy. Do the models with giant alien heads actually have larger hitboxes?
I think in an older COD some of the hitboxes registered different but supposedly these newer games all use the same hitbox

Always in older shooters I always picked the smallest female I could just trying to be a smaller target :)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Shocking! Bet you played as Oddjob in Goldeneye. He was a banned character among my friends.
I Got It Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

I always played Gnomes in World of Warcraft and would drink those shrinking potions before going into PVP ;)

twilo99

They fixed the hip fire on M/K as well... I thought they will never bother lol

notes says hip fire follows your crosshairs instead of the "sway curve"

Huge FPS drops on the Fortune's Keep ...

Guess I'm back to WSP-9 for MP. Nerfed most of my guns.. also the trusty LW 680 as well, wtf.

WSP-9 is a fun gun but I hope they didn't destroy the HMR9 because its probably the best gun I've used since 2019

Last edited:

hinch7

They fixed the hip fire on M/K as well... I thought they will never bother lol

notes says hip fire follows your crosshairs instead of the "sway curve"

Huge FPS drops on the Fortune's Keep ...

WSP-9 is a fun gun but I hope they didn't destroy the HMR9 because its probably the best gun I've used since 2019

Yeah, it is. Much better with buff as well now. Was maining the HMR-9 but the range nerf is pretty bad. WSP-9 to slot in with buff. Less ammo with attachment but more damage and similar TTK now.

clarky

Gold Member
Apart from the shitty performance with Fortunes keep, this update is the bee's knee's.

I've said it before and i'll say it again MWIII is the best COD in ages.

Edit: And finally the carry forward MWII maps are back in quickplay. SHG killing it.

Last edited:

calistan

Something seems to have happened to the matchmaking - almost every player in my last few games has been level 250+, all wearing the flashiest possible skins.

I'm level 80, comfortably the lowest ranked in every lobby at the moment. I'm on a decent winstreak though, these morons still don't know how to play the objectives.

nemiroff

Gold Member
First time they have gotten me to buy a battlepass without it coming with the launch edition

Actually really like the new small map as well

My friend warned me about that map yesterday because he hated it. But funnily enough I instantly liked it. A chaotic symphony, like Shipment.

I bought the DC-BP but it didn't activate in-game before several hours later.. ..and after I had troubleshooted myself to a headache..

Last edited:

twilo99

Just saw a guy go 73-0 on Safehouse running around with a shotgun. I put tons of rounds into him and could not kill him. This is PS only with crossplay off. Maybe he was just glitched into some sort of god mode

Probably a bug.. no way you don't die once on that map lol

Did you see the small map mosh pit? very nice

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Probably a bug.. no way you don't die once on that map lol

Did you see the small map mosh pit? very nice
I did, love the rotation minus Rust, just don't like that map.

Had him on my team next game and he went 52-2 and ate bullets like he was superman

Only time I saw him die was to a cluster mine, still has to be some sort of bug not taking damage from bullets or something

twilo99

All that was needed was Microsoft cutting some jobs at SH i guess

I did, love the rotation minus Rust, just don't like that map.

Had him on my team next game and he went 52-2 and ate bullets like he was superman

Only time I saw him die was to a cluster mine, still has to be some sort of bug not taking damage from bullets or something

Must be bugged but that's weird..

splattered

For some reason i'm not able to buy the black cell battle pass... it gives me an error every time i try. Ahhh anyone else having problems with this?

*Nevermind, i rebooted a few times and it worked eventually. $30 for a battle pass? ouch haha but bought.

Last edited:

calistan

Something seems to have happened to the matchmaking - almost every player in my last few games has been level 250+, all wearing the flashiest possible skins.

I'm level 80, comfortably the lowest ranked in every lobby at the moment. I'm on a decent winstreak though, these morons still don't know how to play the objectives.
Further to that, starting my next session I accidentally picked normal quickplay instead of my usual hardcore and I was the highest ranked player - most were in the teens or as low as 5.

Somehow I lost that match, went back to hardcore, and everyone was in the mid 200s again. Matchmaking is weird at the moment.

twilo99

Further to that, starting my next session I accidentally picked normal quickplay instead of my usual hardcore and I was the highest ranked player - most were in the teens or as low as 5.

Somehow I lost that match, went back to hardcore, and everyone was in the mid 200s again. Matchmaking is weird at the moment.

hm, so perhaps the algo has more data on you playing HC compared to core so it gets "confused" as to where to put you when you switch.. I dunno

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
*Nevermind, i rebooted a few times and it worked eventually. $30 for a battle pass? ouch haha but bought.
the black cell is just a bunch of extra goodies, the battle pass itself is 1100 cp ($9.99), but if you complete it you get 1400 back, so buying it once means you basically never have to spend money again.
The black cell comes with an extra sector that's basically a 2400cp bundle, and then all battle pass unlocks also get special black cell variants; on top of that you also get an extra 1100 points to spend on other things, and a bunch of tier skips so you get a bit of a headstart.

It's all virtual nonsense obviously, but it's not so bad price wise.

Last edited:

calistan

hm, so perhaps the algo has more data on you playing HC compared to core so it gets "confused" as to where to put you when you switch.. I dunno
Could be, I always assumed it was a single ranking for every playlist. At least I know where to go if I want to pad my k/d.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This might be the roughest/funniest I've been spawn killed yet, guy just obliterates me lol
ILUCtJC.gif

Might've been payback for this one:
8fbAIG6.gif

I genuinely wonder if the system decided that my teammate walking in front of me, meant that the spawn point was "obscured" and therefore safe lol.

clarky

Gold Member
Game keeps on winning.

Biggest issue for me now is i keep getting only MWII maps in quickplay lol. The game has a decent amount of map now i wish they went one step further and gave us a full match composer.

Also loving what they have done with FK. Cant wait to see what they do with Rebirth.

twilo99

This is great on m/k for close range but the tac stance thing is still a bit weird

Game keeps on winning.

Biggest issue for me now is i keep getting only MWII maps in quickplay lol. The game has a decent amount of map now i wish they went one step further and gave us a full match composer.

Also loving what they have done with FK. Cant wait to see what they do with Rebirth.

Yes they really need a better way of handling the map pools…

calistan

This is great on m/k for close range but the tac stance thing is still a bit weird
What is the tactical stance? I've seen some weapon add-ons that say no tactical stance, and daily challenges that say get 5 kills in tactical stance or whatever, but I don't actually know what it is.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
What is the tactical stance? I've seen some weapon add-ons that say no tactical stance, and daily challenges that say get 5 kills in tactical stance or whatever, but I don't actually know what it is.
If you aim, and hit left (or down?) on the d-pad, it'll switch your aim type. Tac stance is in between ADS and hipfire for accuracy and time-to-aim.

Hey I just started playing and I was wondering what is the go to assault rifle? It it the ram 7? Also, what is the fastest way to level up guns?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
it's an in-between stance you manually activate, really good on some guns.
You've probably seen it before since it happens automatically if you slide and aim.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hey I just started playing and I was wondering what is the go to assault rifle? It it the ram 7? Also, what is the fastest way to level up guns?
imo the best AR is the MCW kitted out with all no recoil attachments, makes it a lazer.

The fastest way to level them is just use but a trick for more xp is equip decoy grenades and toss them in the center of the map and carry as many as you can

Play StashHouse and spam the decoys and sit in a corner and mow people down

imo the best AR is the MCW kitted out with all no recoil attachments, makes it a lazer.

The fastest way to level them is just use but a trick for more xp is equip decoy grenades and toss them in the center of the map and carry as many as you can

Play StashHouse and spam the decoys and sit in a corner and mow people down
Ok lol I was wondering why sometimes people kept spamming decoys on that map. Thanks I'll have to try the MCW

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Couldn't join my friend at first yesterday, said some shit like can't join others on different platform even though we're both PS5. Had to turn on cross-play. Never buying another Sledgehammer CoD.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Couldn't join my friend at first yesterday, said some shit like can't join others on different platform even though we're both PS5. Had to turn on cross-play. Never buying another Sledgehammer CoD.
Were you trying to join their psn or their activision account? A friend of mine is listed twice on my friend list because he didn't link his xbl and activision account.

Top Bottom