• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

Menace-UK-

Neo Member
See it's the opposite for me. I've always got people to play with which is why I was hoping for an expanded number, like 6 player squads in Warzone so it not even having 4 means its DOA for me. Utterly pointless.

I'm so disappointed right now. I'm hoping that everything I've heard is a mistake and there is indeed quads and it's just not announced yet.
I saw the leaked video in the first post, and he flat out says trio is the max.

MiguelItUp

Seems downgraded from the normal game
I mean, considering it's F2P and handling 150 player (if not 200 at some point), it shouldn't be too surprising. I didn't play Blackout, but I know a number of people said that there were some dips in visuals to provide better performance. MW is definitely more visual and system intensive than BO4 as well, so probably had to cut even more corners.

Menace-UK-

Neo Member
I am shocked at this. They had the chance to really go all out and make a 6 (or 5)squad team mode but instead regressed to three player squads?

I just dont get it.
What ever they do has to be divisible by the 150 player count and make sense within the scale of the map
I'm sure larger groups will come, but likely as limited times events first.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Omg!! Yes I was waiting for this. So damn! old rumors from months ago were almost on the money (minus it being 200 ppl). Who was tht leaker?

I'm so hyped, I hope this comes out by tomorrow because I have a short work day tomorrow!!!

Last edited:

manfestival

anyone that is not expecting a massive patch coming up on tuesday for this is crazy
my guess? lowest 40gb and probably 80gb

cryptoadam

Banned
Looks cool and its free, but I just can't get into BR games. Either you are wandering around seeing nobody, or I die in my first encounter and then restart the game again.

MiguelItUp

If its F2P why does it need PSPLUS?
This is REALLY weird to me. I don't play F2P on PS4, but this isn't common nowadays, right? I know when we released Dreadnought it was F2P on PS4 and it wasn't required at all. But are there newer titles out there require it?

KINGMOKU

Not even solo mode at launch. What is this?

Absolutely bungled launch. Apparently trios only at launch.

Someone please, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is REALLY weird to me. I don't play F2P on PS4, but this isn't common nowadays, right? I know when we released Dreadnought it was F2P on PS4 and it wasn't required at all. But are there newer titles out there require it?

I am playing Apex right now and it doesnt need it. So you can definitely play F2P games without PSPlus.

So either Sony made a special deal for this or its an error.

Grinchy

Banned
This is gonna be huge if the gameplay is as good as Blackout. Cross-platform will ensure that you can always find a lobby, people who were forced to play Blackout on PS4 for playerbase reasons can now play on PC like they wanted to, ect.

KINGMOKU

Solos, duos, and trios at launch.
That is absolutely not what I'm reading. Do you have a source? Everything I have read is saying trios only at launch, everything else later.

Not that it matters to me much as there is no quads, but someone else in this thread asked about it.

Menace-UK-

Neo Member
That is absolutely not what I'm reading. Do you have a source? Everything I have read is saying trios only at launch, everything else later.

Not that it matters to me much as there is no quads, but someone else in this thread asked about it.
Where are you reading that? All the articles I've read either only referenced trios or said nothing. None have said Solo or duos isn't coming day. 1.

On the flip side, every single youtube video has specificall stated solo and duos as a way to play.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

Where are you reading that? All the articles I've read either only referenced trios or said nothing. None have said Solo or duos isn't coming day. 1.

On the flip side, every single youtube video has specificall stated solo and duos as a way to play.

Besides other places I've read it, right on the official blog is says;

"At launch, players can squad up in trios with their friends on Playstation® 4, Battle.net for PC, or Xbox One across two game modes: Battle Royale and Plunder."

No mention of solo, duo, or quads.

Fun Fanboy

Banned
Kill streaks and all that. PUBG will still be king of these games for me. I just don't feel it for COD and Apex and such. Maybe COD will be a little more fun, since no shields or that type of stuff. But having kill streaks and that stuff makes it arcadey to me.

Javthusiast

Banned
If these hacks don't give me a solo option, they can go...
This ain't Apex where you have heroes with unique abilities. I don't wanna play with randos online.

Last edited:

NickFire

PS+ not needed? I might give it a try then.
What makes you think PS+ is not needed? You are not seriously going to take official channels claiming such at their word, right? This is like RDNA 2 all over again. Unreal.

/s

Edit: 150 players - holy shit. I never thought I'd see a game with that player count this generation.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
All f2p games have Been free to plaly on PS4 without plus.

Top Bottom