• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Warzone - 150P / Free to Play / Cross Platform

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So you are telling me, that you get WHOLE 4 hours of exlusive access if you have Modern Warfare? Amazing. Not the mention that in CEST timezone most people working till 5pm (with lunch pause), so unlock in 16:00 makes zero sense.

Mista

Banned
I was so hyped for this having Blackout in mind but after seeing the gameplay that hype dropped significantly. You start the game with two bars of armour out of three, health regenerates and theres no such thing as hunting for better gear and syringes/medkits

There goes the BR intensity. Will still give it a try when it drops in 4 hours
Forgot to add that the game only has trios. No solos, no duos. If you search solo you’ll get teamed up with two randoms and if you search duo they’ll throw one random in your team

I specifically came to this thread to see what Tesseract Tesseract and Mista Mista think.

source.gif

Mista

Banned
I specifically came to this thread to see what Tesseract Tesseract and Mista Mista think.

source.gif
I’m flattered brother thank you. Here’s my first impressions after I saw couple of gameplay videos

I was so hyped for this having Blackout in mind but after seeing the gameplay that hype dropped significantly. You start the game with two bars of armour out of three, health regenerates and theres no such thing as hunting for better gear and syringes/medkits

Re: PS Plus - I don't understand why Sony couldn't make this clear in the blog post. There, it states that it's "free for all players" (which I would take to mean literally all PS4 owners), and PS Plus members will get some bonus DLC pack thing.

Then, contrary to that, there's that Warzone ad floating around stating that PS Plus is required.

The only place I've seen it "confirmed" that PS Plus isn't required is that CharlieIntel twitter account (I've no idea how reputable that is), and then a lot of gaming news outlets using that as their source. I guess we'll find out later today, I just don't see why it's not explicitly stated in any official communication. I could speculate, optimistically, that Sony are reluctant to state that PS Plus isn't required for a bound-to-be-popular game, because they obviously want to constantly encourage people to subscribe.

Free for all players is FREE FOR ALL PLAYERS, otherwise it would be like this: "Warzone is playable for free only for PS+ subcribers?
Like it says DLC is only for PS+ subscribers.

It's still input based, so it should only match controllers against controllers. Plus, PC users gain no real advantage anyway as aim assist is disabled if you tweak FOV or use M+KB.

Shmunter

It's still input based, so it should only match controllers against controllers. Plus, PC users gain no real advantage anyway as aim assist is disabled if you tweak FOV or use M+KB.
Sounds great in theory, but I’ve played against m/kb player’s countless times and I’m on ds4 on PS4. Maybe skill matching precedes it.

Sounds great in theory, but I’ve played against m/kb player’s countless times and I’m on ds4 on PS4. Maybe skill matching precedes it.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it works as it has been the same for me.

I can't say that M+KB users ever seem to be performing any better than most, but it may just be down to the skill level I'm at.

I'm hoping this keeps things moving and more "action-oriented" rather than scrapping over medkits and having to constantly back out of engagements due to fear of running out of resources, this might encourage more risky pushes to finish off other teams too. I understand how that tension can make for exciting gameplay but I'll wait to see how it shakes out before letting my hype get too deflated.

At least there are rarity tiers for weapons, but I agree. Having attachments that are equipable would've been nice. I can only imagine this is to keep players out of menus and more time focusing on the shooting aspect.

No worries mate

I am sure you'll get matched with controller players on PC or thats how it should be implemented but its broken
You know It's not about only K&B. This FoV shit gives big advantage to PC players. More visiable screen, fast, motivated feel. Imagine playing with these advantages in Battleroyale mode. Adding Crossplay to a game and not adding an FoV setting is one of the stupidest moves ever made.

Mista

Banned
You know It's not about only K&B. This FoV shit gives big advantage to PC players. More visiable screen, fast, motivated feel. Imagine playing with these advantages in Battleroyale mode. Adding Crossplay to a game and not adding an FoV setting is one of the stupidest moves ever made.
Yes I know that and it baffles me how there isn't FoV on console. I mean there're games that has it

Yes I know that and it baffles me how there isn't FoV on console. I mean there're games that has it
Battlefield 1 and V, for instance. Even Titanfall 2 has it, and this game is running on a "new" engine so there's absolutely no excuse to have that kind of advantage.

I wonder if they got rid of frame rounding too like Treyarch did during BO3?

Last edited:

Flick

Banned
Wait. Is PlayStation Plus really needed? Or not? Because all f2p don’t need plus?

edit: ok, so you don’t Need it. It was an error somewhere on the marketing Material . Good.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
not a lot of color in the map

i'm already missing the wingsuit and whatnot

i know this team is doing their own thing tho, we'll see

Vitter.

Was getting the itch to try MW (been centuries since I wanted to play a COD) but had no loot to spare, so this will probably do it until I fix that.

Allforce

Any link to download it remotely? Stuck at a car dealership and would like to queue this up from here so I don't have to wait when I get home

Menace-UK-

Neo Member

Yeah. They casualized the crap out of it. Doesn't mean it can't be fun,

Banned
Is Crossplay turning off? I don't want to fucking play against K&M and FoV.

console players can also use Mouse and Keyboard.

the game (well Modern Warfare) tries to only match controller with controller and mouse with mouse, only if there are not enough of one group found will it match both together. (and if you are in a mixed party it will do that too)

also mouse and keyboard don't have a huge advantage in CoD anyways, at least it doesn't feel like it at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom