• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII Private Beta Details

Drewfonse

Oh sweet! Pre load is up. I got my code from Amazon like the day after I pre-ordered. This beta is gonna determine whether I cancel or hold my or pre order. I never pre order games

Did you enter that code into the beta site? You have to get another code emailed to you from Activision

drotahorror

Anyone had luck with getting a code from amazon when pre-ordering today? I preordered a few hours ago, just waiting for a code from them. Wondering if I should contact support, I see that's had mixed results so far. I'm in USA.

Tidalwave

Anyone had luck with getting a code from amazon when pre-ordering today? I preordered a few hours ago, just waiting for a code from them. Wondering if I should contact support, I see that's had mixed results so far. I'm in USA.
Just got off chat with Amazon support. They said the codes will be sent by the 25th.

Iacobellis

I chatted with Amazon and was sent an invalid code. Ended up getting a real one in my inbox a few hours later. Keep in mind I preordered the game on Monday, Amazon says it could take up to two days to get the code.

GenericUser

I would imagine that the real download codes will be given out later this Thursday, as some folks with not so great internet need some time in advance to preload the client.

glaurung

Caution!

Amazon UK fucked me with the Destiny 2 beta access code! When I contacted them a couple of days before beta began, I got this back:
Your codes will be sent out the same time we dispatch the product.
Of course I told them to fuck off. What good is a beta access code to me in September when the beta took place in August.

Cronnie

Has anyone got a code from Activision to actually download the beta yet? Was hoping to make use of the pre-load.

Has anyone got a code from Activision to actually download the beta yet? Was hoping to make use of the pre-load.

Nope. Preordered it in a store. Got a code to enter in at the CoD site, then it just said I'd get a key closer to the beta. Hope I get a key today.

kuYuri

No one's gotten codes to download the beta yet. The only ones who can pre-load the beta right now are those who preordered CoD: WWII digitally. Rest assured someone will make some noise when beta codes start officially going out from Activision before the beta starts.

gossi

No one's gotten codes to download the beta yet. The only ones who can pre-load the beta right now are those who preordered CoD: WWII digitally. Rest assured someone will make some noise when beta codes start officially going out from Activision before the beta starts.

That's not true, for info. Amazon US has been sending - people in this thread have got them.

kuYuri

That's not true, for info. Amazon US has been sending - people in this thread have got them.

That's not the same thing. That's a beta registration code. You still need to get an actual PSN code from Activision that gives you the actual beta client. That PSN code is what I'm talking about.

thejpfin

Yes! You can.
tumblr_mnryzgB0811s8l4eao1_500.gif

Noice!
Let's see if this COD will reignite my inner cod fanboy.

Mikey Jr.

Damn, there was a Hong Kong guide, where is it?

I even quoted it several times, but never actually did it.

Fuck, lol.

Fuck, lol.

HK is easy as it's in english, just create a new PSN account and select HongKong as your location, regular steps from thereon out. If they have reinforced postal code settings, google a hotel in hongkong as the address.

GavinUK86

Fuck, lol.

Not sure if there's a different way, there probably is, but this is what I did.

• Create a new email address
  • Go to the Hong Kong PSN store in your browser (maybe use a VPN like Tunnelbear)
  • Create a new account using that new email address
  • Check your email and verify it
  • Add new user on your PS4
  • Use those new details you just created
  • Voila

Not sure if there's a different way, there probably is, but this is what I did.

• Create a new email address
  • Go to the Hong Kong PSN store in your browser (maybe use a VPN like Tunnelbear)
  • Create a new account using that new email address
  • Check your email and verify it
  • Add new user on your PS4
  • Use those new details you just created
  • Voila

No need for VPN at all.

0racle

So I entered the code on the beta redemption site for PSN. Now what ? Do they send me another code ? What is the next step?

only thing that makes me not want to go the HK Store route is the bonus pack thing you get for the full game (helmet, card, emblem)...no idea if using the HK version makes it so that you won;t get that if you're playing from a US account

something similar happened with the Nioh I believe where if you downloaded the Beta (Demo, whatever) off of another region's store and tried to claim the reward DLC for the full game it wouldn't work and you had to download the game off of your own region's store

Top Bottom