• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII Private Beta Details

Lurk

Banned
Heads up with Amazon codes, they're given a specific allocation of codes.

Once they run out they then have to request more and then they become stingy with them.

People grabbing multiple codes and or then cancelling preorder is the issue.

It isn't Amazon or the Publishers fault, it's greedy people who then do "giveaways"

DryvBy

Heads up with Amazon codes, they're given a specific allocation of codes.

Once they run out they then have to request more and then they become stingy with them.

People grabbing multiple codes and or then cancelling preorder is the issue.

It isn't Amazon or the Publishers fault, it's greedy people who then do "giveaways"

Well, these shouldn't be closed off anyway. It's stupid and just getting people to pre-order so their numbers look good.

kuYuri

Did they specify when exactly codes will be sent out to everybody?

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-WWII-Private-Beta#collapse09a

9. When will I get my Private Beta token?
Tokens will be sent close to the beginning of your Beta start date. For PlayStation 4, before August 25 at 10 AM PT. For Xbox One, before September 1 at 10 AM PT.

Activision will send your token to the registered email address that you have provided in your Call of Duty account. To ensure you receive updates on the Private Beta, please double-check your email address and make sure it is up to date in our system. Log in to your Call of Duty profile to check or make changes to your registered email address.

Please note: Private Beta access codes are only required for pre-orders through a participating retailer. If you pre-ordered through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live, you are automatically validated to participate in the Call of Duty: WWII Private Beta.

M.W.

Did the HK account thing. One question though, I'll need to sign in with that account once I get home tonight and set at Primary, right?

jacobs34

The problem is not getting a code from Amazon, the problem is that you have to redeem through COD's website and wait for Activision to send a code. They still have not sent mine.

drotahorror

Did the HK account thing. One question though, I'll need to sign in with that account once I get home tonight and set at Primary, right?

I made an account on HK PSN website (make sure to fill out address and whatnot). Signed into the account on my PS4, downloaded it, logged out. The beta is on my main account now. I don't think you need to do anything with setting PS4's to primary and whatnot. No idea though.

The problem is not getting a code from Amazon, the problem is that you have to redeem through COD's website and wait for Activision to send a code. They still have not sent mine.

Don't think they've sent out any of those codes to anyone yet

I'm hoping it's sometime today

sorry for the double post but apparently the Beta is now LIVE on PS4 going by the CharlieIntel Twitter account

and yet Activision still hasn't sent out any codes to people so the only ones who can play are ones who pre-ordered digitally on the PS Store

Shady859

sorry for the double post but apparently the Beta is now LIVE on PS4 going by the CharlieIntel Twitter account

and yet Activision still hasn't sent out any codes to people so the only ones who can play are ones who pre-ordered digitally on the PS Store

Sounds like a smart way to sell legit pre-orders. I can wait I've hated the last 3 games.

edit: Hong Kong account to DL beta if you really impatient.

I get the feeling that this wasn't intentional. That or codes will be going out within the hour.

jacobs34

If Activision wanted to give people who preordered directly from the PSN store earlier access than everyone else, they just should have said so. Doing it this way just seems sleazy by comparison.

I hate the whole practice of "Here's a code to redeem for the Beta but's not a real code so now you have to wait on an actual code at some later point"

Just give people a code that will work on the actual platform of their choice from the start

GenericUser

I hate the whole practice of "Here's a code to redeem for the Beta but's not a real code so now you have to wait on an actual code at some later point"

Just give people a code that will work on the actual platform of their choice from the start
Or just make it a fuckin open beta or just give away "play till rank 10 " for free ... This is so 2014.

Hoodbury

Those of you who have gotten emails with codes, do you only get one code or is it like previous years where they send you multiple codes to give to friends? If multiple can I have one?

EVERYONE. Just make a Hong Kong account if you wanna play now. It's free to download on their store and yes you can play with your own account. Only takes about 5 minutes to create one.

Edit: lol, just got my email from Activision with a code.

GeeDuhb

Just got my email from Activision! Look out for yours!

FYI, only 1 code, not friend codes currently. They might come in a later email.

Top Bottom