• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can Mario U's music be patched?

BowieZ

Banned
They should make it so you only hear bahs (or wahs?) when you are small Mario. Encourage cleaner play.

Or only when you're NOT small Mario. Encourage dangerous 1-hit-death hardcore play.

And talking of Athletic themes. If you really can't stand the BAHs. DON'T LISTEN TO THE ATHLETIC THEME FROM NSMB2! It's 100% BAH!

Actually that's an accordion synth, not "bah"s, if you listen carefully.

However, to spite GAF, I think it may have been intentional.

Rubius

That just don't do it for me! What we need is someone musically-minded to overlay well timed NSMB "bah's" on other games music! Start with Guile's theme, then the Knuckles rap, FF battle music... an soon the whole gaming world'll be filled with bah!

googlegoats.jpg

VertPin

Could have at least did something like this.

Sonic 4: Episode II Sky Fortress 2 [ Music ]

This was a sequel to the first Sonic 4 (which already has better graphics than NSMB) but they also got rid of that weird plastic 2D style and went full 3D. Game is 15$ in comparison to this title which is 60$ and doesn't use the same enemies/level designs and music like NSMB does.
While this game is also a 2D platformer and has co-op online.

You're also forgetting this game is a big steaming pile of dog poo.

Teknoman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rslltp7zSks

When compared at the relative level of Old Super Mario Brothers.

Also, Whatever happened to the steel drum from the originals? It always sounded like a vacation whenever I would play the orginal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CekaoJs3vS8

Well, which is more fun is up to the user, I personally find NSMBU more fun in this case. However, my comparison is drawn from these things and also, Sonic levels tend to be much longer than Mario ones. NSMBU is a tad longer (it took me 8 hours to beat all the levels besides Spoilers:
collecting all the star coins just to play the Star World.
) And the challenge modes really are just playing the same levels you already did in NSMB, kinda like how it is Mega Man 9 & 10.

They could do much more for the 60$ price they have you buy the game for.

I disagree.

They could, but seeing those clouds in motion, the backgrounds look much MUCH better than S4 Ep2.

Also no love for the volcano (really like Mario themes that have the sitar sound) or Koopaling boss battle music?

Top Bottom