• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

Madness

Looking at my orders, I think Mass Effect: Andromeda is the only one that I'm doubtful would come out by the end of next year.

Otherwise, maybe Fall/Holiday 2016 Is the latest (Horizon).

Nah from what I'm hearing, the game is very solidly being completed. They're saving gameplay reveal for next E3, IMO.

ME3 came out March 2012, so sticking to holiday 2016 gives BioWare almost 4.5 years work on the game. I think it's because they're going all out. Have to top the surprise hit multi-player of ME3, and develop a more meaningful story after the brouhaha of ME3 ending.

FrsDvl

My final order came out to this, after i made many changes to it. I think i did alright.

August
4th Rare Replay (Xbox One) $23.99 (BestBuy)

September
1st Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain $51.09
8th Tearaway Unfolded $27.99
11th Mario Maker $52.49

October
6th Rock Band 4 Guitar Bundle $127.99 (BestBuy)
20th Guitar Hero Live Bundle $69.97
27th Halo 5: Guardians $45.47

November
10th Fallout 4 $55.99
10th Rise of the Tomb Raider $52.49
17th STAR WARS Battlefront $55.99

December
8th Hitman $55.99

The Legend of Zelda $48.99
Doom $52.49
Ratchet & Clank $27.99
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End $52.47
Horizon: Zero Dawn $55.99
Ghost Recon Wildlands $55.99
Dishonored 2 $55.99
Final Fantasy 7 Remake $55.99
Sea of Thieves $55.99
Gears of War 4 $55.99

Lexxism

I can't wait for Amazon's usual pre-order sale. They did the same thing to UC4 last year for like $62. Should had bought it on Amazon instead on Bestbuy

Anyone manage to sneak any exceptional discounts out of the sales?

My best had to be jumping on Guitar Hero while it was $99 on Amazon, which brought it down to $69. Can't say no for that price!

FrsDvl

Anyone manage to sneak any exceptional discounts out of the sales?

My best had to be jumping on Guitar Hero while it was $99 on Amazon, which brought it down to $69. Can't say no for that price!

Halo 5 went down to from 69.99 to 65,99 for a short period before jumping to 74,99. Although everyone that ordered it for 69,99 would've gotten it for the lower price. it's still nice. Other than that only Guitar Hero. Wish i got in on that cheap Xbox One elite controller though!

Halo 5 went down to from 69.99 to 65,99 for a short period before jumping to 74,99. Although everyone that ordered it for 69,99 would've gotten it for the lower price. it's still nice. Other than that only Guitar Hero. Wish i got in on that cheap Xbox One elite controller though!

Yeah/ I saw the Xbox controller too, but it was before we knew how ungodly expensive it was, so I didn't. If I knew $89 was damn near half price, I would've been all over it

Stage On

Best buy has offically extended their sale from June 19-25

Basically you can request 1 more unique code that can be used between those days.
Of course when I tired I got an error.

Sorry. This email address has already been registered and received E3 unique promotional codes.

So now I'm waiting to hear back from the rewards team...

Enilced2

Basically you can request 1 more unique code that can be used between those days.

Sorry. This email address has already been registered and received E3 unique promotional codes.

Crap... do I do a new BB order to grab SMT x FE and some other title... or just leave it at my 28 game order

Yasumi

Banned

Damn, I might actually grab the EDFs then. Uggghhh.

Stage On

Crap... do I do a new BB order to grab SMT x FE and some other title... or just leave it at my 28 game order

I'm mainly hoping to bag Legend of legacy for 20% off since they added it after the initial sale ended. That would be a great fail safe since I'm not sure the Amazon sales and promotional team is going to fix my order from them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There are a few titles I could probably pick up from Best Buy, but I think I'm going to pass on them. They're nothing I need at launch and I don't care to give them my business right now.

It's like, I want to get Legend of Legacy, but I can't think of anything else to get. Any fluff games out there that will never come out?

In before Last Guardian PS3

FrsDvl

yeah i bet RIP FS

one thing about FS E3 deals though i got all my shit on time in my experience i don't know yet what BB or Amazon fulfilment is like

BestBuy has the same warehouse as FS used to have. Amazon doesn't have the best rep of getting you the games on time, but it's just something you have to deal with in order to get the better prices.

It's like, I want to get Legend of Legacy, but I can't think of anything else to get. Any fluff games out there that will never come out?

In before Last Guardian PS3

You can cancel part of your order and keep the discount, so order whatever. Or at least, you used to be able to in the previous years.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've never had issues with BB/FF, or Amazon in Toronto. The later using Free Super Saver forever and always. If they ever did start the intentional delay crap with my items, I'd be pissed. Amazon does have the benefit over Best Buy of being able to easily manage your order though. Cancelling single items, changing payment, delivery address, all of that is super easy. Best Buy's site has the functionality, but it's been a broken piece of shit for years that never works. Anything I can do to avoid calling in, which often ends up in confusion on the CSR's part, I'll try to do.

Daigr

Damn I was set on my orders but now I might just have to get Trails and SMTxFE.

@Wreck

BestBuy has the same warehouse as FS used to have. Amazon doesn't have the best rep of getting you the games on time, but it's just something you have to deal with in order to get the better prices.

i guess its good i just had twins so i can wait hahaha, but i guess i could also just wait for used or marked down but i'd forget

this helps me remember

Best Buy done fucked up.

Edit:

Sorry.

This email address has already been registered and received the unique E3 Extended code. Please check your email for code.

They can't get their shit working.

spicy cho

Re: preorder price guarantee at Amazon , is there a way to see the historical prices of an item before it ships so we can know how much we will pay for a game? That would be very useful for those like myself who preordered more than a few games that we're on the fence about buying.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Re: preorder price guarantee at Amazon , is there a way to see the historical prices of an item before it ships so we can know how much we will pay for a game? That would be very useful for those like myself who preordered more than a few games that we're on the fence about buying.
A quick search brought up this site but I don't know how well it works or if it catches those times a price drops only for an hour or so.

http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/

Here's an example:

gjnvLZ4.png

N° 2048

I forgot the trade off for these deals :/

Amazon says I'm getting Arkham Knight first week of July. Oh well, Witcher 3 until then.

explodet

I go to Best Buy, I search for Fatal Frame 5, I get as the only result the Bluray of the Viggo Mortensen movie Hidalgo. Clicking on it displays the album cover of We Cum From Brooklyn from the Finnish band The Leningrad Cowboys.

Bravo, Best Buy.

Stage On

Not to be outdone by Best buy, Amazon comes back swinging with an unadvertised sale extention of their own

Save 20% on 2 or more pre-order games, including those announced at E3.

This promotion is governed by the below terms and conditions:

You must have two qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must enter the promotion code SAVE20E3 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games.
Offer is only valid for orders placed between 4:00:00 PM PT June 19, 2015, and 11:59:59 PM PT June 25, 2015
Offer only valid on items listed on this page and excludes: All Skylanders, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions; all Collector’s Editions, Limited Editions, Gold Editions, Limited Collector’s Editions; all consoles and accessories.
You may purchase a maximum of 2 units of any one game.

http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=2108553982&pf_rd_i=9291974011

Edit: I tried to make an order using this method but it's not working at the moment lol. I have a screen shot for proof if the link stops working.....

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can you still change shipping after the order was made? Also which shipping method gives day 1 delivery? I have had orders with free shipping before, and even though it said 4-7 business days, it would always arrive on the second business day, soooooo. Hmmmmm

Stage On

Can you still change shipping after the order was made? Also which shipping method gives day 1 delivery? I have had orders with free shipping before, and even though it said 4-7 business days, it would always arrive on the second business day, soooooo. Hmmmmm

On Amazon you can change shipping speed after the order has made if you want provided it hasn't started the actual shipping process yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not to be outdone by Best buy, Amazon comes back swinging with an unadvertised sale extention of their own

You must have two qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must enter the promotion code SAVE20E3 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games.
Offer is only valid for orders placed between 4:00:00 PM PT June 19, 2015, and 11:59:59 PM PT June 25, 2015
Offer only valid on items listed on this page and excludes: All Skylanders, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions; all Collector’s Editions, Limited Editions, Gold Editions, Limited Collector’s Editions; all consoles and accessories.
Haha, amazing.

http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=2108553982&pf_rd_i=9291974011

Edit: I tried to make an order using this method but it's not working at the moment lol. I have a screen shot for proof if the link stops working.....

Shots... Still being fired? The war for E3 sales isn't over yet

ANY pre-order? So... Anything goes right? Not just E3 games?

EDIT: It's telling me the code is expired. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow

Stage On

You using new code?

Old: E3SAVE20

New: SAVE20E3

Yes, I was using the new code. I think the problem is that the offer says "valid on on items listed on this page" and right now there's nothing listed.

I only noticed because their was a banner up while I was checking the site, a banner that hasn't popped up since. Now I'm kicking myself for not documenting it.

Top Bottom