• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

Stage On

I know the Amazon extension of the sale isn't exactly working yet but isn't it kind of lame they only matched Best buy this time with only 20%. If they kept it to 30% they'd really be putting the screw to the competition.

Stage On

No new games listed on Amazon, but more proof

DURM-2059456543B88321._V318161110_.png

Odd how they have a page for it up and a banner and yet the code for it isn't working during checkout. Normally Amazon has there stuff together better then this

I go away for ONE night of karaoke and THIS is what happens?

I will try to update the spreadsheet tonight, assuming I am sober enough. E3 IS BACK BABY (in a slightly less compelling format)

Man am I going to miss this thread. It's fun to talk to fellow Canadian's who share the same interests as me for a change. Even at work there's only like one other person I can talk in depth with, the rest don't get it unless it's the more casual stuff and don't even know what e3 is....

I feel like I've made some new friends over the last few days :)

For sure! But stay regular in the Canadian deals thread. Good people in there.

I have a few friends who started families over the last year or two, and so I don't have many to talk to about this stuff anymore either, even though I get the occasional message from them asking what's new cool right now :) I guess they miss this hype!

Stage On

Legend of Legacy is still not qualified for discount, what are you doing amazon?

I had a manager add it to my order manually when they where moving my old fire emblem order to my new order. He couldn't apply the 30% off himself but he forwarded a request to the premotions team to fix my order so hopefully if they do that they fix the game for everyone.

I'm going to wait until monday night to see if that's fixed and if not I guess I'll use my best buy code to order it from them since 20% is still better then paying full price on it.

Does Best Buy have any filler games? I cancelled my order with Naruto because I was able to get Dragon Quest Heroes on Amazon, but I kinda want to get Naruto now. There is just nothing else I want to get with it.

Stage On

Does Best Buy have any filler games? I cancelled my order with Naruto because I was able to get Dragon Quest Heroes on Amazon, but I kinda want to get Naruto now. There is just nothing else I want to get with it.

You could probably use The last guardian ps3 as filler. I don't think that version of the game is coming out anymore.

Or just pick something that won't come out for a few years like Final Fantasy 7 remake then once the other game(s) in your order ship wait a few more days then call in and cancel the rest of the order.

You could probably use The last guardian ps3 as filler. I don't think that version of the game is coming out anymore.

Or just pick something that won't come out for a few years like Final Fantasy 7 remake then once the other game(s) in your order ship wait a few more days then call in and cancel the rest of the order.

I guess I can use TLG. As long as Best Buy doesn't switch it to the PS4 version (They switched Zelda Wii U to Wind Waker HD a few years ago), then I am good. Even if it does get switched, the game isn't coming out for a while. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I cannot use TLG PS3. It says it cannot be delivered to my location (Ontario). I am guessing it is like this for everyone.

I guess I can use TLG. As long as Best Buy doesn't switch it to the PS4 version (They switched Zelda Wii U to Wind Waker HD a few years ago), then I am good. Even if it does get switched, the game isn't coming out for a while. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I cannot use TLG PS3. It says it cannot be delivered to my location (Ontario). I am guessing it is like this for everyone.

I believe Project Guard is still able to be pre-ordered. I think it was assumed that that would just be a mode in the new Star Fox, so it's only a matter of time until that listing is vaporware.

I believe Project Guard is still able to be pre-ordered. I think it was assumed that that would just be a mode in the new Star Fox, so it's only a matter of time until that listing is vaporware.

I am going to use Project Giant Robo. It is confirmed to be on hold, while Project Guard is still in development and will either be in Star Fox or not be in Star Fox. Thanks, I forgot about these two.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 17, 2015 (Order#). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Batman Arkham Knight - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition"
Estimated arrival date: July 02, 2015 - July 09, 2015

wat?

I mean, it's probably wrong...

i-Jest

If Bestbuy wants my business they need to add Persona 5 (PS4), Digimon World Cyber Sleuth (PS4/VITA), Bravely Second (3DS), and Fatal Frame (Wii U).

That's all. Just add them and you got me as a customer.

Enilced2

Crap I really don't want to use Best Buy but they have both World of FF and SMTxFE, I may have to give them some business over Amazon I guess. Give Amazon a couple days hope they drop SMT for us or if anyone throws up Persona 5 then they got it haha

I have no idea why I'm up at 5:30 in the morning but some quick updates:

* Star Wars: Battlefront is down to $64.96 on Xbox One only
* Destiny: The Taken King FRENCH is down to $69.99 on PS3 only
* Tales of Zestiria PS3 is now available and eligible, $64.99 (PS4 was made available earlier)

Still updating the spreadsheet. There's a new column to show the new 20% discount, and the 30% discount column is greyed out but still visible for reference.

N° 2048

I got the same email. I mentioned this earlier but I got a blu-ray pre-order shipped to me almost a month after release from Amazon recently. I'm not going to be surprised if Batman arrives really late at this point.

Yep, if only Amazon hadn't artificially gimped shipping for their stupid & pointless (
IMO
) Prime service.

Not too upset because Witcher 3 can keep me busy.

terrible

Banned
I think if you want to guarantee that you'll get your games on day 1 from Amazon you'll probably have to use the two day shipping option (you can change shipping even if you already ordered). It seems to be $4 extra per game so it should still end up cheaper than BB for most games even if you do that. At least for me it shows the expected delivery to be release day if I select that, it might depend on the game or your location I'm not sure.

Madness

* Tales of Zestiria PS3 is now available and eligible, $64.99 (PS4 was made available earlier)

Still updating the spreadsheet. There's a new column to show the new 20% discount, and the 30% discount column is greyed out but still visible for reference.

You beautiful, beautiful man, you just saved me an additional $12-ish bucks overall for SW: Battlefront. I just contacted customer service who updated the reflected price from 79.89 to 64.96 etc.

N° 2048

I think if you want to guarantee that you'll get your games on day 1 from Amazon you'll probably have to use the two day shipping option (you can change shipping even if you already ordered). It seems to be $4 extra per game so it should still end up cheaper than BB for most games even if you do that. At least for me it shows the expected delivery to be release day if I select that, it might depend on the game or your location I'm not sure.

hmm didn't know it was that cheap. I changed the shipping speed for my Arkham Knight pre-order to "Express."

Came out to like you said, about $4 extra a game but still cheap with the %30 E3 promo.

Hope it's not too late to get it on release day (or Wednesday).

terrible

Banned
hmm didn't know it was that cheap. I changed the shipping speed for my Arkham Knight pre-order to "Express."

Came out to like you said, about $4 extra a game but still cheap with the %30 E3 promo.

Hope it's not too late to get it on release day (or Wednesday).

Batman seems to have an estimated shipping date way after release regardless of what I choose right now. It's the only game that's doing that for me so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Express shipping shows the estimated delivery date to be the day they come out for my other games that have a set release date.

N° 2048

Batman seems to have an estimated shipping date way after release regardless of what I choose right now. It's the only game that's doing that for me so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Express shipping shows the estimated delivery date to be the day they come out for my other games that have a set release date.

Wonder if it's a stock issue because it was included in the E3 deal.

Kiro

Still updating

Has anyone tried contacting Amazon CS and inquiring to why XBO gets a discounted Battlefront and PS4 doesn't? Chance of PS4 getting that discount as well?

FrsDvl

Tomb Raider must have gone down in price for a little while too, cause it's now 69,99 for me. When you look at the product page it's still 74,99 though

catspit

I ordered mine the day the e3 deal was ending and batman has a shipping date between June 28-July 8 for me. So maybe it is stock issues..

bahahahahahahahahaha

$70 for popolocrois

XSEED trying to out-Atlus Atlus.

Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale added
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZYL8E76/

But it's listed as Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available so you can't actually order it yet lol

LOL Popolocrois is 70$

GTFO Xseed

Hmm Popolocrois seasons is up on amazon but for $69.99, surely that can't be right for a 3ds title

link

If that where true for the Niche games I'm a fan of I wouldn't be half as worried about this as I am now.

I'd love to order Return to PopoloCrois but I'm not sure Amazon is going to fix the price on that one. Listing a 3ds game for $69.99 is silly when Best buy has it at $49.99

Why the hell is Popolocrois 69.99$?!?

^Placeholder price! They take a bit to update it sometimes. :D

EDIT to Add:

VG+ and Best Buy have it at $49.99 already.

a916

You beautiful, beautiful man, you just saved me an additional $12-ish bucks overall for SW: Battlefront. I just contacted customer service who updated the reflected price from 79.89 to 64.96 etc.

Do you have to ask for it? Or is it something that should be automatic?

Madness

Do you have to ask for it? Or is it something that should be automatic?

Ask for it. The order is already gone through. It's only automatic at the very first day the game is available for sale. They'll charge you whatever price they're launching game with. Otherwise, if the game launches at $79.99 this November due to dollar which is supposed to tank down to 0.73 cents in September or less, they're taking a loss. At most games will be $69.99 if dollar stays normal, but everyone bracing for dollar to drop this holiday. All but a certainty. I wish someone would post here like the BF price if they notice other prices have dropped. CS will correct as long as it's within couple days or week of order. I hope Destiny Taken King legendary drops too.

N° 2048

Ask for it. The order is already gone through. It's only automatic at the very first day the game is available for sale. They'll charge you whatever price they're launching game with. Otherwise, if the game launches at $79.99 this November due to dollar which is supposed to tank down to 0.73 cents in September or less, they're taking a loss. At most games will be $69.99 if dollar stays normal, but everyone bracing for dollar to drop this holiday. All but a certainty. I wish someone would post here like the BF price if they notice other prices have dropped. CS will correct as long as it's within couple days or week of order. I hope Destiny Taken King legendary drops too.

I don't get it. Isn't that what Price Guarantee is?

Why did we have to contact CS? I thought it automatically is always the lowest price. Or is it only guaranteed the price you order at or lower?

/confused

Why did we have to contact CS? I thought it automatically is always the lowest price. Or is it only guaranteed the price you order at or lower?

/confused

If we are talking about Amazon, pre-order price guarantee is automatic, but doesn't always work. Its kind of a roll of the dice really. If you see it lower and notice it hasn't updated, just contact Amazon CS and get it done. Otherwise, it will usually lower the price, at least in my experience. I've gone back to them after a price drop and return to normal and got it honored as well. I'm unsure why the system is so inconsistent, but they will normally make good on that promise if you find it.

Madness

how did you ask to adjust the price?

I just said, I put in an order yesterday and now the price is dropped $15 bucks, rather than ask you to change the order, add this item to order, or delete this item, can you just update price to reflect this and she said sure. It's usually a YMMV situation depending on who you get when you call or email.

/confused

Pre-order price guarantee means, you'll never pay more than what you ordered for, and if the game drops in price AT LAUNCH, they'll give you the cheaper price. But they're not going to automatically give you a lower price if say EA decides that for two weeks at the end of summer all EA games get 10% off and you see the game you have pre-ordered is 10% cheaper, but by launch time, it's not there. Shitty I know.

It's because often times, games have placeholder prices up until the very last day of launch, and often times, games always end up cheaper. I don't know why they go below $69.99 when it's almost certainly going to be launch price.

Madness

Double post, but I'd ask people to keep an eye out for these kinds of drops on these games during this second wave of promotion. Many of us can save $5-$15 getting CS to update prices. It's especially better if the games drop below $69.99 in price because that's most likely launch price for these games, or if the dollar really tanks, $74.99-$79.99

I thanked whoever notified that Battlefront for Xbox one had dropped. I wish Destiny Taken King or Tomb Raider might do same.

I just said, I put in an order yesterday and now the price is dropped $15 bucks, rather than ask you to change the order, add this item to order, or delete this item, can you just update price to reflect this and she said sure. It's usually a YMMV situation depending on who you get when you call or email.

Pre-order price guarantee means, you'll never pay more than what you ordered for, and if the game drops in price AT LAUNCH, they'll give you the cheaper price. But they're not going to automatically give you a lower price if say EA decides that for two weeks at the end of summer all EA games get 10% off and you see the game you have pre-ordered is 10% cheaper, but by launch time, it's not there. Shitty I know.

It's because often times, games have placeholder prices up until the very last day of launch, and often times, games always end up cheaper. I don't know why they go below $69.99 when it's almost certainly going to be launch price.

No, the pre order price guarantee says you will get the lowest price between order time and shipping time. If the price drops at any time before the game comes out, you get that lower price. As mentioned above, sometimes it doesn't change automatically so you have to contact them.

Top Bottom