• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

Kiro

No, the pre order price guarantee says you will get the lowest price between order time and shipping time. If the price drops at any time before the game comes out, you get that lower price. As mentioned above, sometimes it doesn't change automatically so you have to contact them.

Yes, this is correct. It is the lowest price from when you order to when you get. But from my experience, you need to be wary and contact when you notice it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yes, this is correct. It is the lowest price from when you order to when you get. But from my experience, you need to be wary and contact when you notice it.
I've never had to contact them. It hasn't always shown the correct price on my order in the past but I've always been billed the correct (lower) price.

Madness

No, the pre order price guarantee says you will get the lowest price between order time and shipping time. If the price drops at any time before the game comes out, you get that lower price. As mentioned above, sometimes it doesn't change automatically so you have to contact them.

Really? It's never done that for me once, especially US amazon. They just change it to launch midnight pricing and ship. Has anyone here seen their $79.99 pricing change to reflect a random price drop or no?

Kiro

Really? It's never done that for me once, especially US amazon. They just change it to launch midnight pricing and ship. Has anyone here seen their $79.99 pricing change to reflect a random price drop or no?

Yes, some of mine have dropped only pennies, but they have changed since I ordered a few days ago, and I didn't need to contact anyone.

Not yet this year, but last year I reaped the benefits of several temporary price drops. It's why there was no question in my mind of going Amazon this year, even before Best Buy's "haha 20% suckers" and despite Amazon's not-so-great shipping.

FrsDvl

Do you guys think I'd be able to switch my order with Amazon around? I ordered Hitman for Xbox One, but kind of wanted it for PS4. I'm wondering if they would honor the 30% if I were to switch it.

Madness

Do you guys think I'd be able to switch my order with Amazon around? I ordered Hitman for Xbox One, but kind of wanted it for PS4. I'm wondering if they would honor the 30% if I were to switch it.

Best chance is to ask customer service. They'll either decide it's doable or not. Just apologize and be like I wanted the PS4 version not Xbox One.

N° 2048

OK great.

And kind of weird that there's no delivery date for Arkham Knight, express shipping.

A lot of people, inlcuding my self have late ship dates. Mine says first week of July with Express (though I just changed from Free to Express yesterday morning)

Davide

A lot of people, inlcuding my self have late ship dates. Mine says first week of July with Express (though I just changed from Free to Express yesterday morning)
Wow, are you still able to cancel? I wasn't getting Verified with Visa to work on Bestbuy but if Amazon is really going to be that late I'll definitely go back, especially since Best Buy was June 23 with free shipping, ordering today.

N° 2048

Wow, are you still able to cancel? I wasn't getting Verified with Visa to work on Bestbuy but if Amazon is really going to be that late I'll definitely go back, especially since Best Buy was June 23 with free shipping, ordering today.

Luckily with Amazon you can cancel individual items so long as they haven't shipped.

Shouldn't be too late, my order still has the option to cancel. I am kind of hoping they ship it tomorrow and the estimate is just wrong.

Quick

Banned
I cancelled Arkham Knight on mine, too. I'll take the full price since I've just been waiting for the game for too long.

tumblr_inline_n6cb04zR8e1rf2m46.gif

Aske

I imagine the estimated Arkham ship dates aren't accurate if they're that late. But I'm more than happy to wait - I was going to skip the game for a few months; especially since it releases the exact same time as Onechanbara. As it is, I'm very glad I won't have to wait to play it now. 30% off for a new release seems about right. I wonder if we'll see more pre-order discounts of this magnitude if Canadians swear off new games in favour of waiting for price drops.

i-Jest

We're coming up on Monday. I desperately hope what the Amazon CSR phone agent said was true. Monday should be the day they reopen orders for Digimon World Cyber Sleuth. Fingers crossed.

Quick

Banned
Why don't you guys just buy the game at the local brick and mortar and return the Amazon one.

The estimated delivery time I got was late July-August 3rd. It would be over the 30 day return period for Amazon for me.

Edit: I'm dumb and got myself mixed up. That is a good option, since Amazon's return policy is 30 days after delivery.

The estimated delivery time I got was late July-August 3rd. It would be over the 30 day return period for Amazon for me.

Edit: I'm dumb and got myself mixed up. That is a good option, since Amazon's return policy is 30 days after delivery.

I think he means go buy a copy at a Best Buy, play that, and return your amazon copy to Best Buy when you receive it.

Quick

Banned
I think he means go buy a copy at a Best Buy, play that, and return your amazon copy to Best Buy when you receive it.

My mind is just full of fuck today. :lol

In that case, my original post kicks in. Since, in my case, it would've arrived after the 30-day return period.

Madness

Damn you folks were right. Gears 4 automatically changed in my order to $74.99 from $79.99 when I ordered it.

Edit: I get Best Buy is better for shipping and returns but damn, automatic price changes, can just ask customer support for a wide variety of stuff.

Lexxism

Damn you folks were right. Gears 4 automatically changed in my order to $74.99 from $79.99 when I ordered it.

Edit: I get Best Buy is better for shipping and returns but damn, automatic price changes, can just ask customer support for a wide variety of stuff.
Yeah, that's why you don't need to call/chat them if the price changes because it will automatically change.

This deal is getting better all the time.

Sealtest

Wonder how long until amazon matches best buys $49.99 project x zone 2 price, I've told them about 3 times now about the price but they really havn't done anything with it.

Done.

Even if I might have saved a few bucks from going at a faster shipping, I had a few cases with Amazon.ca where they took 1-2 weeks longer for no reason.

I remember I had to wait a month after Oboro Muramasa Vita launched, and the box was rekt. Totally pissed me off.

I had no issues with Bestbuy/Futureshop.

Damn, now I gotta wait one more day for Arkham Knight. Regrets.

Edit: also get some back from Bestbuy Rewards, if I remember to use it.

i-Jest

Done.

Even if I might have saved a few bucks from going at a faster shipping, I had a few cases with Amazon.ca where they took 1-2 weeks longer for no reason.

I remember I had to wait a month after Oboro Muramasa Vita launched, and the box was rekt. Totally pissed me off.

I had no issues with Bestbuy/Futureshop.

Damn, now I gotta wait one more day for Arkham Knight. Regrets.

Out of curiosity, was one of your preorders for the new Digimon game?

EDIT:

When was Rockband (standalone game) added to BB?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Out of curiosity, was one of your preorders for the new Digimon game?

EDIT:

When was Rockband (standalone game) added to BB?
If you're takling about the PS4 version, they've had at least the start of the sale.
No sign of the Xbox version at all sadly.

I feel like cancelling all my Amazon order and going Bestbuy.

I can't stand slow shipping.

If you managed to get all of them at 30% switching to Best Buy will give you 10% less discount on each game.

If you really want to do that you should also consider just getting Prime. Depending on how many titles you have ordered the cost may even out in the end and you get to keep your price protection.

Madness

Never really used Amazon.ca for game launches so I cannot tell you how fast it is. I hope it's quick. Amazon is usually okay with a lot of my deliveries. In the states, the game is almost always guaranteed launch day delivery.

Sealtest

Just mean's i'll be waiting for a sale or a drop in price, I hate buying digital, Unless they charge a discounted price.

Davide

Anyone ever have issues with Canada Post?

Waiting on Arkham Knight from Best Buy, apparently it was "delivered to community mailbox or parcel locker" two hours ago but nothing.

Top Bottom